CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM 5.0 and Application Loader

I recently updated my BBM to 5.0 and decided to remove some apps through Application Loader, but it lists BlackBerry Messenger twice... once for the 4.7 version and another for the 5.0 version. The 5.0 is checked off as in it's installed so the action columns shows None, however for the 4.7 version it is unchecked with the action shown as Remove. Details for the 4.7 version show that there's two files with the version of 5.0... does this mean that if I proceed, App Loader is going to remove these two files? Two files that are part of the 5.0 version? If I check off the version 4.7 version it tells me it's going to "downgrade" BBM. Anyone have suggestions on how to proceed? I want to leave BBM exactly the way it is and preferably replace the 4.7 version listed in Application Loader with 5.0 so this "issue" doesn't arise again.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

when doing an OS install, if you have BBM 5 already installed, it will keep it that way. since the new OS comes with BBM 4.7, DM will determine that 5.0.0.33 is higher update, and select the incoming 4.7 to be disregarded on the install.

this happend to me the other day when installing a new, higher 5.0 OS and i had BBM 5 installed. the OS i was installing contained 4.7 however DM saw i had 5.0 already installed and noted to remove 4.7 on install and do nothing with 5.0.0.33.

hope i answered your question.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

that's what I had thought the first time around, but it removed the BBM icon off my device and it was a b*!?* to get it back unless all I had to do was a battery pull since it WAS still listed in the applications list.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

usually, for people who do a battery pull, the icon reappears. i always maually restore even though it does it after the OS install. worst case, redownload BBM from app world and the icon will reappear.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Unfortunately what I did was uninstall 5.0 and then reinstall it again and that lost all my conversation history. That's something I'd like to avoid!