Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lycafe
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Any way to remove BBM?

Is there any way to remove BBM? On My Storm I was able to uninstall it completely. Can't find a way to do it on the 9930. I never use it, can't see why it needs to be always on in the background. Even if I could stop it from always being on would help.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roadshow View Post
    Is there any way to remove BBM? On My Storm I was able to uninstall it completely. Can't find a way to do it on the 9930. I never use it, can't see why it needs to be always on in the background. Even if I could stop it from always being on would help.
    Hook your phone up to Desktop Manager and select Applications>Scroll down to BBM and select the box under Action>Select Apply. Hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,961 Global Posts

No. That won't work.

Typically, you would need to update to a newer version than came with your device OS and then you would have the option to uninstall BBM.

Or you would need to shrink it out of the OS using software on your computer and then reload the device OS.

Global Posts
    13,060 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by bgriff25 View Post
    Hook your phone up to Desktop Manager and select Applications>Scroll down to BBM and select the box under Action>Select Apply. Hope this helps.
    Did you actually try this yourself?
    Many OS's now have BBM set as a "Core App" by default, meaning BBM would be greyed out and not able to be deleted like this.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post
    No. That won't work.

Typically, you would need to update to a newer version than came with your device OS and then you would have the option to uninstall BBM.

Or you would need to shrink it out of the OS using software on your computer and then reload the device OS.
    It worked for me.

Did you actually try this yourself?
    Many OS's now have BBM set as a "Core App" by default, meaning BBM would be greyed out and not able to be deleted like this
    Yes, I did try this. I also found out that unlike OS5, I was able to delete BBM from my phone by going to Options>Device>Application Management>BBM>Delete.

I have come to this site multiple times a day, everyday, for the past two years. I read the latest blog posts and search the forums in the hope that I may learn something new, or occasionally help someone. Most of the advice I give I try. I don't post just to pad my post count or post screenshots!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    :: Don't Ask Don't Tell ::

use the javaloader (loader.exe) to remove it.. or.. remove the cods from the installation folder manually and then let the DM do the rest..

BlackBerry 9930 on Tapatalk
    :: 9930 - 7.1.0.XXX ::
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

you should be able to by just going to options > device >app management > bbm > delete

on my 9860, its not greyed out.
    CrackBerry Master

No need to remove it.. One day, it will come in handy to have BBM, and then you will never ever want to remove it.. lol.. That's what so special about blackberries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Elite1 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    you should be able to by just going to options > device >app management > bbm > delete

on my 9860, its not greyed out.
    dictoresno, you're a genius! That worked. Thank you.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roadshow View Post
    dictoresno, you're a genius! That worked. Thank you.
    Genius of Geniuses actually.....lol

Global Posts
    13,060 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by bgriff25 View Post
    It worked for me.

Yes, I did try this. I also found out that unlike OS5, I was able to delete BBM from my phone by going to Options>Device>Application Management>BBM>Delete.

I have come to this site multiple times a day, everyday, for the past two years. I read the latest blog posts and search the forums in the hope that I may learn something new, or occasionally help someone. Most of the advice I give I try. I don't post just to pad my post count or post screenshots!
    Defensive much? LoL
    Who accused you of padding your post count?

Can I assume you tried this with the BBM version included with your current OS? (i.e. You haven't upgraded/downgraded BBM at all.)

Anyway, if you re-read my original post, you'll see I specifically mentioned that many OS's, and not all, have BBM set as Required. That's why I was asking. And since I don't have the same BBM version included with my OS, I can't test personally test this with my current OS.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default take a bbm off the blackberry bold 9700

hello i just bought a bold 9700 from someone off craigs list and now i cant figure out how to take the bbm off so i can create my own
    is there any way????
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    t of milk makes it go "snap, crackle and pop"

Quote Originally Posted by tifflush View Post
    hello i just bought a bold 9700 from someone off craigs list and now i cant figure out how to take the bbm off so i can create my own
    is there any way????
    not sure what you mean.. "Create your own"? Do you mean, delete the previous users contacts?
    if at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving!