Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Adding a profile picture to BBM?

I've noticed recently that I can't add a picture to a BBM (Blackberry Messenger) profile without having to link it to that person's profile in my address book. I remember I could add a picture without linking before.

For example, what if one of the people in my BBM list ISN'T in my address book? How would I add a picture then? The reason I want to keep them separate is because when BBM links the 2. Messages from BBM or texts become one and aren't differentiated. I want my instant messages to be different in terms of notification. That may seem convenient for some, but for me it's annoying
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

I thought you could use an image for BBM Contacts who aren't in your address book, too.

Are you not able to go into a Contact's Profile page and use the BB Menu button to update/change/add an image for them? Or highlight the image box on their Profile page and choose an image to use? Also, not sure about this, but could you possibly do it from the Photo/Media screens by opening a photo and then somehow choosing it for a BBM Contact icon?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

When I highlight the image box in BBM, I only get 3 options: Contact xxxx, link with Blackberry Contact or full menu. No option for changing or uploading a profile pic. I should mention that I have a BB Storm 9530.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

Not sure what's going on there. Sorry I don't have any more suggestions. Maybe it's a "Storm" issue?? They seems to be a bit of their own animal, but I still think you're right in thinking you could previously add a BBM image to a non-contact.

Global Posts
    64,708 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

The OP is correct. You USED to be able to change photos for your contacts, but it's not possible anymore. Sorry. Only if you link it to your contacts and the photo you have there. I don't believe there is anyway around this.
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.1154 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi I Questions? email jomarie.ditata@mobilenations.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Is that mean my conatact can't change the profile pic anymore or what :s !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by remonzi8 View Post
    Is that mean my conatact can't change the profile pic anymore or what :s !

If I'm understanding your question correctly, yes. You can still change the profile pics in your Contacts folder but apparently not in BBM. Shame. Not sure why BB/RIM got rid of that feature.
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Thanks katzenBach

CrackBerry Newbie

I used to see the image a friend had selected, in a BBM conversation.
    But lately the images aren't changing when they're changing them on their own blackberry.
    I don't know how to solve this problem.

CrackBerry Newbie

I used to see the image a friend had selected, in a BBM conversation.
    But lately the images aren't changing when they're changing them on their own blackberry.
    I don't know how to solve this problem.

CrackBerry Abuser

Default prod issue

there is a known system-wide production issue that has been reported. RIM is working on a solution. it may require a roll-out of a new version later this week. stay tuned. thanks.