I need help I have owned my Tour for about a year now ...................
    But I am BB illiterate
    1. How do you scan ??
    2. Where can i find my pin# on my phone?
    3. How do I make that cool scanner pic you guys have to be able to be scanned?

Thanks so much and i have searched really i have

Michelle
    03-04-10 01:18 PM
    to see your barcode:
    open bbm
    scroll to the top where you see your icon/name/availability and click it
    scroll down halfway to see your pin
    scroll down to the bottom and click "display my barcode" to see your barcode

to scan someone else's barcode:
    open bbm
    hit your bb key and select "invite contact"
    scroll down to "scan a person's barcode" and click it
    hold your camera over the other person's barcode (displayed on their bb screen" and it will automatically scan the code and add the friend
    03-04-10 01:25 PM
    oh.

to use your pin barcode as a profile pic, you need to screencap it while you have it up on your bb screen. download an app called "captureIt" from appworld. this will save a screencap of whatever you have displayed on your screen. then just upload the pic to cb.com.

***edit***
    this is assuming you have bbm version 5.0 or higher. if you have 4.x, you need to upgrade to use these features. go to options>apps>bbm to check your version.
    Last edited by wacky1980; 03-04-10 at 01:29 PM.
    03-04-10 01:26 PM
    Thank you Wacky SOOOOOOO much
    Now im on 4.x how do i get 5.0?
    03-04-10 01:47 PM
    you can download it via blackberry appworld, or by opening the browser on your bb and finding a link from there. then download the update and run it.

NOTE: don't forget to back up your current bbm contact list before you do the upgrade, just in case!
    03-04-10 01:54 PM
    An easier way to find your pin is to type "my pin" as one word in a text or email or even this text box (on your tour, of course). Then hit space and it should show up. Simple!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 01:56 PM
    blackberry messenger>go to my profile> it will show your pin
    03-04-10 02:13 PM
    Thanks guys doing all of the above now thanks for all the help
    03-04-10 02:46 PM
    oh.

to use your pin barcode as a profile pic, you need to screencap it while you have it up on your bb screen. download an app called "captureIt" from appworld. this will save a screencap of whatever you have displayed on your screen. then just upload the pic to cb.com.

***edit***
    this is assuming you have bbm version 5.0 or higher. if you have 4.x, you need to upgrade to use these features. go to options>apps>bbm to check your version.
    Ok just got stuck looking for CaptureIt ??? Is it under another name in app world?
    03-04-10 03:00 PM
    if you can't find it in appworld, try downloading through your bb web browser from the following site:

http://m.thetechmogul.com
    03-04-10 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";