I can send bbm messages to everyone but when individuals in the UK try to reply they all say the see the red x.what could be causing that? I've had my phone for about 2 mths now and this is the first time I'm experiencing this problem.
    05-30-12 06:21 AM
    That's a problem on their end. If it sent, but didn't deliver, there would be an empty check they'd see.
    05-30-12 08:49 AM
    But that's the first times that's happening :s I have about 6 UK contacts and I'm the only one they can't send bbm to anymore
    05-30-12 08:56 AM
    05-30-12 09:29 AM
    I've tried to google the problem and still no solution. This is pure bull (sorry about the language) but I don't think I should be payin for a service I am not receiving.

All my apps work perfectly whatsapp,windows live but bbm doesn't work with my most important contacts that's those in the uk. Friends and family in all other countries can send me bbm but uk contacts can't?!! :s I've tried battery pull,reinstalling bbm,my phone is up to date, deleted one contact but can't seem to re add her all this began on monday when I reactivated my data plan
    05-31-12 06:05 AM
    Oh and another thing they can bb everyone else in my country,St Lucia except me
    05-31-12 06:07 AM
    There is the occasional glitch with the servers, and it can be quite maddening getting it sorted out. Save all the contacts to your address book with pin #, and have them do the same. Then each of you should delete each other from BBM, wait a bit, and one of you send an invite again. I've had it take many attempts, and over a week to resolve, but eventually it does. Most times it appears a group is the source of the failure. Typically when someone rejoins.
    05-31-12 08:49 AM
    ok so im hopin ths fixes itself by the time my data plan expires which is tuesday cause im out of idea and cant seem to get help
    the pic i uploaded is an example of wat my uk contacts see when they try to send me bbm messages :s

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-01-12 09:02 AM
    There's something going on, and I'm still betting it's not the phone.

http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...ntacts-727436/
    06-01-12 12:36 PM
    So u don't have any ideas on how it can be resolve? I've tried the whole host routing thing then registering then restarting the phone that still haven't worked
    06-02-12 06:52 AM
    Sherrell,

I've already given you lots of suggestions, and it appears to not be just you. The image never uploaded by the way.

You didn't mention trying the delete process, so I'm not sure you've tried everything I've already offered. Neither have you said whether these contacts share a group with you. You could also try doing a remote backup and local backup. BB Protect would also be an effective backup tool. Then delete BBM altogether, reinstall, and restore from any of the backups.

I'm not having trouble with my UK contacts for the record.
    06-02-12 07:41 AM
    So u don't have any ideas on how it can be resolve? I've tried the whole host routing thing then registering then restarting the phone that still haven't worked
    As BBWulf suggests, if the sender sees a red X it means the message has failed to leave the sender's phone to their network. That's a configuration or permission problem on the sender side, not on your side as recipient of the message.

I don't have any current problems with BBM from UK to US - although I have seen "added" contacts mysteriously drop from the list and need to be re-added. If you want to try a test, send me a PM with your PIN and I'll try to add you and exchange messages.
    06-02-12 07:56 AM
    All I can suggest is wipe and start fresh, add those contacts one by one instead of restoring from a backup. Just take a note of their pins. I BBM internationally from UK and I never had this problem.
    06-02-12 11:00 AM
    :O someone said maybe my pin might be blocked :s :'( but if its blocked wud i be able to use bbm at all? or any other application? :s

06-02-12 11:23 AM
    Bad information, sorry
    Last edited by raino; 06-03-12 at 12:04 PM.
    06-02-12 09:14 PM
    You could have a pin blocked by one carrier, or group of carriers in a region that cooperate, yet the BlackBerry works fine anywhere else in the world. If RIM blocked the pin, such as a NDA device, aka prototype, then it wouldn't work anywhere on the system.
    raino likes this.
    06-02-12 11:22 PM
    Did you buy the phone from the UK?
    06-02-12 11:25 PM
    yes it was bought in da uk

06-03-12 04:06 AM
    yes it was bought in da uk

Was it new/second hand etc? I know some people sell their phone on ebay and then they claim they lost it and claim on insurance.
    06-03-12 07:32 AM
    second hand i guess :s

06-03-12 07:52 AM
    second hand i guess :s

There's a good chance that's what happened then, the seller reported it as lost or stolen after he sold it to you and now your phone is blocked in UK. When they do block the phone it can only be blocked in the country it was sold.

Looks like you bought a lemon, sorry.
    06-03-12 09:14 AM
    You could have a pin blocked by one carrier, or group of carriers in a region that cooperate, yet the BlackBerry works fine anywhere else in the world. If RIM blocked the pin, such as a NDA device, aka prototype, then it wouldn't work anywhere on the system.
    How are these PIN blocks implemented? I always thought they were at the RIM level (which would render the devices globally useless), rather than carrier level. Do carriers have the ability to block PINs, or do they forward their blacklist to RIM?

Sherrell, does your phone have a carrier's logo? If so, you could try contacting them and providing them proof of purchase (a receipt). Now if you bought stolen goods, knowingly or unknowingly, then they might not help you. But if the seller did try to pull a fast one as an insurance scam, they could unblock your PIN after seeing proof of a legit sale.
    06-03-12 12:14 PM
    yaaayyyy its working now yaaayyyyyyy it fixed itself dances

06-05-12 05:38 AM
    thanx for all the help ppl still appreciated it

06-05-12 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD