(I'm starting a new thread and posting here, because all the other BBM voice threads are just about people downloading it and trying it and loving it... wish my experience were the same!)

I downloaded/installed it yesterday and had a friend download it as well, so we could test it out.

I kept/keep getting voip.blackberry (something to that effect) connection certificate not matching errors (my choices are either to "continue," "close connection," or "view certificate," but I can't actually get past that screen unless I chose "Continue") and I've had a major lag (with every thing) and the spinning clock for every app since installing (even did two reboots). Plus, wasn't getting the audible notification for BBM, just the LED, and even sending BBM msgs takes forever, then I finally get the check mark, then, much later, I get the D or R indicating its status. My friend did not experience these errors (I have the 9800 Torch, he's on a bold, not sure which one). Just wondering if this was happening to anyone else? I rebooted again at work today and haven't had the certificate errors or lag, but am not on Wi-Fi now, so that could be why.

Also, when we did try to use BBM voice, we'd both either get a msg saying "Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi and try again." (even though we were both on a Wi-Fi network) or "XXXX is currently unavailable. Try again later." (even though we were both on BBM and Wi-Fi at the time and actively chatting with one another). I was never able to ring him, he was able to ring me 2x--both times, I tried picking up, it just said "connecting" and never picked up and I heard nothing. What's super-creepy is, the 2nd time, even though it said we'd disconnected, on my end and I never heard him, he said it was connected for about 5 minutes and he could hear me coughing and talking in the background. Anyone experiencing this?

I'd love to have it working, as all my BBM contacts are in a different city than I am, so it helps with LD. However, if the lagging issues/etc exist and I can't use it, I may just downgrade back until the official version is released. (I verified with my friend again today, he hasn't had any issues since upgrading to the beta).
    11-15-12 10:00 AM
    Having problems too. I downloaded and installed, but it doesn't register. I keep getting this message: 'blackberry messenger 7 blackberry messenger failed to register with the blackbeery messenger service...open the my profile screen and check the blackberry messenger status'! Now if I try BBM 6 it works fine. I have re-registered host routing table and done the service books trick! Anyone got an idea? Am on Vodafone UK if that makes any difference.
    11-15-12 11:29 AM
    Did you get the BBID update?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    11-15-12 11:37 AM
    uhhh...which one?

ok, on my Blackberry ID Account, I do 'check for updates' and it comes up as up-to-date.
    11-15-12 11:42 AM
    Did you report to BlackBerry on the beta website discussions, this is beta, the time for them to resolve these kinds of issues before release but they need your feedback on the beta site to respond.
    11-15-12 11:50 AM
    Not yet. I thought there might be something wrong with my device/setup, so came here first.
    11-15-12 12:30 PM
    I, too, get the unavailable message, even though we are both available. I reported it on the BetaZone site, and we'll see where it goes...I'm looking forward to trying it now that I have it, but it's just not working YET.
    11-16-12 01:39 AM
    I am too. Wifi is issue from I install BBM7 voice. I have always to restart wifi on BB.
    11-19-12 08:50 PM
    can you pls email me the .app file of bbm beta?
    as im in UAE and the betazone doesnt work here :/
    11-20-12 05:18 AM
    can you pls email me the .app file of bbm beta?
    as im in UAE and the betazone doesnt work here :/
    You still need to sign up with your pin as there is a keycode matched to device with version 7.0.0.85
    11-20-12 06:29 AM
    i haven't tried it yet since no one in my contacts using BBM 7
    11-23-12 09:31 AM
    uploaded 7.0.0.100 last night. No issues thus far for basic BBM usage, haven't had a chance to use it for voice chat yet thou.

I was a guinea pig yesterday for a BBM7 test (friend works at RIM, and they were doing some work on something ......they wouldn't tell me thou LOL), but I was still on 7.0.0.85 at the time of the test. I did have some glitches with .85 such as call cut off after 10 or 15 minutes, an intermediate clicking, as well as sometimes showing me as not available for chat, when i was connected to a wifi. I run a 9810 with 7.1
    11-23-12 09:42 AM
    Ok i installed BBM7 Voice,
    When i go to menu for Voice chat , i can't find voice chat on the menu.
    Does my contact have to install voice chat for me to see it?
    11-24-12 04:32 PM
    Ok i installed BBM7 Voice,
    When i go to menu for Voice chat , i can't find voice chat on the menu.
    Does my contact have to install voice chat for me to see it?
    Yes, you both have to install BBM 7, and you both have to be on wifi for it to work. When you open up the contact you'll see a green phone icon at top right totally them. If they have it installed but it's greyed out they are unavailable.
    11-24-12 05:19 PM
    Anyone getting a network connection error on v.108?

3304E0B8
    11-30-12 01:26 PM
    Hi

I have the same problem. help....
    01-14-13 05:17 AM
    I have got a ERROR 500 problem
    01-14-13 12:25 PM
    I get he same exact problem as the first post in this thread. If I choose continue it asks for my password, but even if I put it in the message still comes up in another 10 mins or so. Can anyone tell me how i can revert to an older version of the BBM, I can't stand this anymore.
    04-11-13 03:37 AM