The gmail plugin seems to be built into the OS now, so I'm considering it as a native app.

I'm having issues with it not working like it did on OS 6 with regards to sent email and the inbox. If I select to show sent emails but then archive a conversation in which I've replied to one of the emails it still shows in my inbox. In OS 6, that conversation would still get archived.

Anyone experiencing this or found a fix for this?
    09-04-11 05:47 PM
    I too was going to post a thread expressing the same issue.

I would much rather use the native BB apps to handle my gmail versus downloading and using the gmail app. My biggest gripe with that program is the lack of the push email.

Maybe someone with a bit more experience could post the "optimum settings" for a OS7 device and gmail.

I came from a Droid X and the android native app handled gmail perfectly. I figure BB could do the same because they are known for communication =D
    09-04-11 08:28 PM
    I have been complaining about this same thing on the BB support forums. RIM has fallen down on gmail support. Check out this thread:

Enhanced Gmail Plugin 9930 w/OS7 - does it exist? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    09-06-11 02:59 PM
    so infuriating - i have been looking for a solution for a while now too -

my findings...

the mail chain will dissappear (out of inbox) for a little then reappear with no option to archive it again...

only happens when there is a sent email in the chain...

if you select the option to hide sent items the the whole chain that has been archived but is still there will dissappear...but i dont want this, i want to be able to see sent items and deal with them appropriately...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issing-649176/
    10-06-11 09:55 AM
    I came from a Droid X and the android native app handled gmail perfectly. I figure BB could do the same because they are known for communication =D
    Who's product is Android? Who's product is Gmail? Why do you suppose they work seamlessly together? Why might that entity's product not work quite so nicely with RIM's?
    10-07-11 08:06 AM
    anyone have any joy here?
    10-17-11 06:32 AM
    Nothing yet...I'm not seeing the kind of support android/iphone sees in this area from google...and since my life revolves around google products I might be moving away to android soon
    10-17-11 03:43 PM
    completely agree - alienate google and you are going to alienate the vast majority of your customers...

its definitely an os7 related issue, os6 was perfect - surely it must be a easy fix! what amazes me is why are not more people shouting about the issue?
    10-18-11 03:54 AM
    guys - i cannot imagine we are the only people in the world experiencing this issue yet i still cannot find anything else on this at all? I am now on 7.0.0.474 and nothing has changed... Any ideas?
    11-08-11 07:33 AM
    I thought with the new update some of these things would get fixed...guess I'm not updating then...
    11-08-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD