Explain your issue in full detail here:

It's very simple. A few days ago, google told me there was suspicious activity. So I set up 2-step verification. Got it working everywhere, either with the google authenticator or with application specific passwords. Everywhere EXCEPT native BIS e-mail on my Blackberry. In the time being, I have been using the gmail app (which works with another application specific password)...and just in time, since google is discontinuing support of that app.

But this is NOT a solution, because a) I can't open most attachments using the gmail app and b) the native e-mail is much faster and better integrated to my phone's OS.

Every single time that I edit my account settings, either on my phone or on AT&T's BIS website, I instantly get an e-mail telling me that my e-mail account...Action required...you must validate your account.

It doesn't matter how many time's I try to validate. It keeps not working.

I have also tried deleting the email account on my phone and starting over.
    11-16-11 12:09 PM
    Its very simple. Open GMail on your desktop. Head up to Account Settings, under Account overview, look for Security -- Authorizing applications & site, click Edit. You will be ask for your Gmail account password.

Now, you're in Application-specific passwords page. Create a name/label for your new application-specific (ie Email BB). Click Generate password. Use the generated password for your email account in native bb email app.

This is needed to be setup for every app, site and email that you use for your gmail account. An example is your Email account in native blackberry email app. Other examples are Google Maps, IM+ pro, and any app that include gmail connect/account.

Hope these helps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-16-11 12:21 PM
    Its very simple. Open GMail on your desktop. Head up to Account Settings, under Account overview, look for Security -- Authorizing applications & site, click Edit. You will be ask for your Gmail account password.
    It IS very easy...except that doesn't work. Sorry, I should have been clear in my OP. I have tried to create an application specific password and use it to setup my e-mail on the bb. It just isn't working. Every time I do, the password is accepted, then I instantly get an e-mail saying that my e-mails are not being delivered and I need to validate my account. I have tried both using the same generated application-specific password to do this, generating a new password, and the google authenticator app password. Nothing has worked.
    11-16-11 12:49 PM
    If anyone else is having this problem and landed here, I have also posted this issue over at the google help forums to see if those folks can help.

2-step verification application specific password not working for Blackberry BIS - Gmail Help
    11-16-11 12:55 PM
    It IS very easy...except that doesn't work. Sorry, I should have been clear in my OP. I have tried to create an application specific password and use it to setup my e-mail on the bb. It just isn't working. Every time I do, the password is accepted, then I instantly get an e-mail saying that my e-mails are not being delivered and I need to validate my account. I have tried both using the same generated application-specific password to do this, generating a new password, and the google authenticator app password. Nothing has worked.

I've been doing this many times since I'm into hybriding my blackberry , so far it works for me all the time and I haven't experience anything similar to yours except when BIS outage happened lately.

What I do is, I re-do all the settings; in 2-step verification I remove BlackBerry as mobile application then re enter it again w/ the help of Google Authenticator. Same thing on Authorizing app & sites. Revoke then recreate name and generate new password.

Cheers !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-16-11 02:04 PM
    I am having the same problem. I get the new app specific password either on my laptop or on my Bberry, but I cannot figure out where to enter it on the Bberry. Could someone please explain this in very simple English? I have tried putting the new password in various places but it never works. By the way, it was very simple on my iPad. Maybe it's time to get an iPhone
    11-24-11 07:46 PM
    I think that you should be able to put the application-specific password in either your e-mail settings application on the blackberry, or on your carrier's BIS website, which for AT&T is https://att.blackberry.com/

that's what i've tried, but neither have worked
    11-30-11 12:35 PM
    So, I was able to get it working by going into Gmail's settings, under label's and check off "show in IMAP" for "All Mail". This makes sense, just wish I had realized this sooner. I actually had been getting e-mail notifications from blackberry saying to do this, but had misread them before and tried to just turn IMAP on in gmail...which of course it already was so I was confused. Hope that helps!
    11-30-11 10:39 PM
    im having the same problem with my T Mobile 9780 and its not working at all. i tried that IMAP thing but that didn't work and i'm scared to mess with that setting cus i don't know what it does.

any help would be greatly appreciated
    10-18-12 09:17 PM
    im having the same problem with my T Mobile 9780 and its not working at all. i tried that IMAP thing but that didn't work and i'm scared to mess with that setting cus i don't know what it does.

any help would be greatly appreciated
    So you are using a Gmail app and not the native BlackBerry email?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-18-12 09:25 PM
    its the native blackberry email. like when you go set up an email account to be delivered to your phone
    10-18-12 09:45 PM
    its the native blackberry email. like when you go set up an email account to be delivered to your phone
    All I did is:

Using a PC set up a custom application password in Gmail's 2 step verification screen. Then I went in to the email set up wizard on my BlackBerry and changed the Gmail password to match. I have done it on several devices and it worked fine.
    10-19-12 11:37 PM
    when you say custom application password do you mean the Application Specific Passwords that you assign to devices in Gmail?

if so that doesn't work for me. at all
    10-20-12 09:06 AM
    when you say custom application password do you mean the Application Specific Passwords that you assign to devices in Gmail?

if so that doesn't work for me. at all
    Yes that is what I mean.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-21-12 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD