Hey guys,

I'm having some issues that I would hope maybe some of you can enlight me with solutions.

I was going to be travelling overseas, and I couldnt wait for AT&T to send me the unlock code so I bought the codes from ebay and got it unlocked to use it with a local simcard. Everything was working fine overthere.

When I got back stateside, thats when everything starts to mess up. I found out that I can send message to my contacts in Blackberry Messenger but I cant get their reply. I tried sending PIN messages to the same contacts, they received it but they cant reply it.

Talked to AT&T blackberry rep, they have no idea whats wrong with it.

Could it be because it was unlocked? I doubt it, because my previous phone, the 9000 was also unlocked and it was working fine.

Or is it just a faulty phone?
    Or maybe, some OS glitch?

I'm currently running v5.0.0.405 with the latest version of BBM.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    01-11-10 03:00 PM
    did you set the pin up with another carrier?? it could still be in the system of that carrier
    01-11-10 03:56 PM
    In addition to the above I would try re-registering your BB with ATT. And re-sending service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 04:00 PM
    can the OP fix the solution with any of the suggestion above? I happen to have the same problem and have no idea on how to fix this
    01-11-10 04:36 PM
    did you set the pin up with another carrier?? it could still be in the system of that carrier
    if this is the case, how do i fix it?

i already pull the battery and did a hard reset, resend the service books, downgrade to an older version of BBM (4.7 i think) and even installing a fresh new OS, still didnt fix the problem.

the phone being unlocked, shouldnt have any play to this, dont you think?
    01-11-10 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD