I'm just wondering if BBM Voice (fantastic addition!) will always, only be available over WiFi, or if it will ever be available over the regular 3G or LTE network. If not, would it be because of the carriers not allowing it?
    11-14-12 11:51 AM
    Possibly, that is what a lot are assuming...carrier restrictions, otherwise RIM would have allowed the exception of LTE, 3G/4G.
    11-14-12 11:55 AM
    I'm just wondering if BBM Voice (fantastic addition!) will always, only be available over WiFi, or if it will ever be available over the regular 3G or LTE network. If not, would it be because of the carriers not allowing it?
    I'd say it's a case of one step at the time.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    11-14-12 11:56 AM
    Bbm video should be on LTE, let alone just voice.
    11-14-12 11:57 AM
    I'd say it's a case of one step at the time.
    My thoughts exactly.
    11-14-12 12:13 PM
    I tried it out the minute I downloaded it. Placed a call with a gentleman in Baltimore on his 9810. VERY good quality. This will be perfect for reaching family/friends when cell signal isn't strong. I see using this feature in BBM conversations such as, "You'll never believe what happened today..." CALL... "That was much easier than typing it all."

HA
    11-14-12 12:19 PM
    I tried it out the minute I downloaded it. Placed a call with a gentleman in Baltimore on his 9810. VERY good quality. This will be perfect for reaching family/friends when cell signal isn't strong. I see using this feature in BBM conversations such as, "You'll never believe what happened today..." CALL... "That was much easier than typing it all."

HA
    Just out of curiosity...how long did it take to setup and associate your bbid with bbm?
    11-14-12 12:22 PM
    Just out of curiosity...how long did it take to setup and associate your bbid with bbm?
    Took a whole of 5 seconds.

You just need to download the new BBM, reboot and when you open it up it ask you to sign into BBID, BAM done.
    11-14-12 02:07 PM
    maybe the real version will have full functionality since this is just the beta. maybe rim just wanted to give everyone a little taste......
    11-14-12 02:12 PM

HA
    I'm glad you called me a gentleman, Jake.
    11-15-12 12:15 PM
    Possibly, that is what a lot are assuming...carrier restrictions, otherwise RIM would have allowed the exception of LTE, 3G/4G.
    I do not see the point on doing BBM Voice just over WiFi.

Other platforms in many other countries (for exemple, here in Spain) can make calls over different services such as Viber, Skype, Line... Blackberry users can't do this. Why?

I can't not understand why we can't use these services with voice calls.

Hope in futere (and sooner!) actualizations they introduce the "over 3G" feature.

Cheers from Barcelona!
    12-21-12 12:54 PM