I appologize if this has been touched upon prior....
    I am wondering if BBM messages can be traced, recalled, and monitored.
    I have a personal Blackberry that has about 6 emails associated to it. Many are personal, home email, kids email, etc, but I also have 2 work emails. One is through BES and one is not for a seperate company. I have some BBM contact, not many however some comments have been made my the owner of my company that led me to believe thathe knows abount some conversations I have had with people. He was no specific, however I have a errie feeling. Then today, I got random messages about a topic that the person that sent them said that they DID NOT SEND. then after deleting that person, I got a whole conversation from a few weeks earlier.
    Is it possible for a employer, who does NOT own the blackberry to read and monitor what it being said? It is not trade secrets, merely personal information.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    01-15-12 07:56 PM
    Is the device active on the employer's BES (regardless of who "owns" the device)?

If so, then "yes", they can monitor most things on the device.

What does BES see; what can be tracked/logged? - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

If not, then perhaps the other person just told the "owner of the company" what you said. Or it's just a coincidence.
    01-15-12 08:20 PM
    2 different employer emails, one is set up on BES the other is not along with my other 5. With this being said, they car see and read all BBM messages? Even if the devise is PERSONAL?
    On a different note, can anyone else OTHER that the employer that uses the BES see and read etc the messages?
    01-15-12 09:05 PM
    If you read the link that I posted, you will see all the information that the BES administrator can see on the device.

Yes, they can see the contents of BBM messages.

This is one of the MANY reasons why it is advisable to NEVER put your personal device on your employer's BES.

Anyone with the appropriate administrative permissions on the BES can see the data.
    01-16-12 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD