I have got a problem with my BBM Group, in the group of 7 I see the chat, but there a few guys who do not see me. (It has two days ago)
    We have deleted and restarted the group and still this problem.
    I can however chat BBM to the individuals though!!
    we have pulled batterys
    could this be a software issue

Any suggestions
    01-12-12 12:21 PM
    Yep, been there. Rebuilding the group will usually resolve it, but you obviously need to take it a step farther. You all may need to completely remove all group member contacts. Make an email of all pins, distribute it to the members, and then set a time for all to have finished deleting each other. Once it's passed, you all re-add to each other's BBM, and create the group once again. Seems the RIM servers can have a snafu, and hink up the whole thing.
    Newby Binx likes this.
    01-12-12 01:05 PM
    Thanks again, but i think that is pittyful for a service like that to have to go through that much trouble to sort it out!!!

It does seem like that i am the only one who has updated my BBM in the group, and think that this might be where it all went pear shaped!! -
    From what i understand from the group is that my status changes randomly from available to unreachable. But on my side it remains available

Any further advise would be appreciated!!
    01-13-12 08:18 AM
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you, same # of members, and same here updated BBM and now this happens!

I'll try deleting BBM and restoring it to an older version to see if it'll sort it out!

JP
    01-13-12 10:30 AM
    It's an issue that's been around since groups have been. I don't think it's the version, or the upgrade. Think about how a group operates. RIM runs the servers like traffic directors, while the information is actually held on each member's BB. One misdirection on a server, and the whole thing falls to crap. Getting the wrong turn righted, can be a difficult process. I've had it in groups (in fact one member in one of my groups can't see anyone now), and I've had it with contacts outside a group. It's a complicated system we enjoy, and like everything on computers, subject to a glitch now and then.

Imagine just how many users there are, how many groups they belong to, and you'll start to think how amazing it is there are so few problems.
    01-13-12 11:06 AM
    My group has experienced the same problem. As far as I know only 2 of us updated with the latest BBM update, and we are the two that read "unreachable" on the others, who have not updated, members list. Never do I have any ill feelings towards Rim/Blackberry, but I can't understand the incompatibility(s) of the upgrades. They're suppose to improve, right? Just seems like such a hastle to have to perform all the "work around" to be able to fully communicate with the group.

That being said, I'm looking for an easier solution, maybe a "downgrade" link for the two of us that updated our app.
    01-14-12 11:47 AM
    My group has experienced the same problem. As far as I know only 2 of us updated with the latest BBM update, and we are the two that read "unreachable" on the others, who have not updated, members list. Never do I have any ill feelings towards Rim/Blackberry, but I can't understand the incompatibility(s) of the upgrades. They're suppose to improve, right? Just seems like such a hastle to have to perform all the "work around" to be able to fully communicate with the group.

That being said, I'm looking for an easier solution, maybe a "downgrade" link for the two of us that updated our app.
    That's not the same problem at all. Never seen that occur from an upgrade/downgrade, unless you deleted BBM first. All that needs done, is for someone in the group to click on you in the member list, and have you reconnected. You'll rejoin as if you were a new member again.

These people are in the group, posting messages, and some members can't see them.
    01-14-12 11:57 AM
    That's not the same problem at all. Never seen that occur from an upgrade/downgrade, unless you deleted BBM first. All that needs done, is for someone in the group to click on you in the member list, and have you reconnected. You'll rejoin as if you were a new member again.

These people are in the group, posting messages, and some members can't see them.
    Ok sorry for the confusion. By saying I was having the same problem, I thought that I was being clear. I am having the same exact problem as stated. The only other thing that I mentioned was being "unreachable". Also, when the person in the group clicks on my member name and reconnects, I am disconnected from the main group and entered into a group with the same name but just myself and that individual are members. And to answer your question, I did not delete BBM first.
    I then had someone else in the group re-invite me to the original group and now I have one group with two chats. One chat with the group, and a seperate chat with the individual that had to reconnect me.
    Any clues why this is? I've been working on this for a couple of days
    Annoyed_by_BBM likes this.
    01-14-12 12:15 PM
    Ok sorry for the confusion. By saying I was having the same problem, I thought that I was being clear. I am having the same exact problem as stated. The only other thing that I mentioned was being "unreachable". Also, when the person in the group clicks on my member name and reconnects, I am disconnected from the main group and entered into a group with the same name but just myself and that individual are members. And to answer your question, I did not delete BBM first.
    I then had someone else in the group re-invite me to the original group and now I have one group with two chats. One chat with the group, and a seperate chat with the individual that had to reconnect me.
    Any clues why this is? I've been working on this for a couple of days
    Delete yourself from the group and reboot. Make sure they also delete you from the group, and send a new invite. Either be on Wi-Fi, or a strong signal area when you rejoin. May take a couple attempts to join properly.
    01-14-12 01:31 PM
    Just an update from my side, My indication on my side of the phone is that i am available, but on only a certain number of the guys is my status "unreachable!!!" - We have deleted that group, recereated a different group, i have deleted all the groups contacts from BBM (with reboot) , and so has one of the guys who is getting the "unreachable" status. We have then tried to recreate a group between us, and he is stil getting that "unreachable" indication on my status. I dont know if this has anything to do with it but could it not be a BB model issue?? They are both using curves??
    01-16-12 12:51 AM
    well gents,

have had no joy with this and have disbanded the BBM group, and moved to What APP,

Android hmm!!!
    01-24-12 05:55 AM
    I'm still looking for a link to downgrade bbm. Anyone know where I can find one?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-12 07:54 AM
    Yes, having that EXACT same problem! I am administrator and can see everyone in the group, but some can only see me, and for some I seem to be 'unreachable'... it was working fine until I upgraded to the lastest BBM version 6.1.0.49... also been searching high and low for a downgrade link, but with no joy... We also have deleted groups, started new once, had different people be admins, but it just doesn't want to work... for certain individuals I stay 'unreachable' in the group, but chat find individually, as has always been... group worked fine until I upgraded... everyone else seems to be on older versions... REALLY FRUSTRATING! Also spent 2 days already trying to fix this...
    obamaberry likes this.
    01-26-12 08:25 AM
    that was suppose to be "chat FINE individually"...
    01-26-12 08:27 AM
    Can't be the Curves, I am using a 9800 Torch and everyone in the Group have different handsets... for 3 or us all works everytime, for 3 others, I seem to be 'unreachable' and they only see me (admin) in their group (2 members)...

I have also removed BBM completely, rebooted, re-installed, everyting... same scenario afterwards...

Please let me know if you find a way to downgrade, wish I never upgraded !!!

obamaberry likes this.
    01-26-12 08:48 AM
    It's not the version. I've had this problem as far back as 5.0. Taken over a week at times to sort it out.

That said, if ya'll want to downgrade, tell me what version, and I'll put up a link.
    01-26-12 08:54 AM
    It's not the version. I've had this problem as far back as 5.0. Taken over a week at times to sort it out.

That said, if ya'll want to downgrade, tell me what version, and I'll put up a link.
    I would like whatever the version before the upgrade. Not sure what it was.
    01-26-12 03:38 PM
    01-26-12 04:08 PM
    So BBM Groups has been acting up for me today. My messages in group are not being seen, other members chats are being represented by me and chats are randomly disappearing and being rearranged.

I type something in the hub and see it show up in the chat, then i go to the bbm app and the message isn't there. Other messages/conversations that happened hours ago are also disappearing or getting reorganized. For example if someone typed something at 10 am, and then a long conversation followed, that original message now shows up as the latest one with a timestamp of 1 pm (as an example). And the conversation that followed is missing bits and pieces. That is, with 7 ppl in the chat, if person 1 started a conversation and person 2 and 3 added to it, now person 1's initial comment is showing up as the latest comment (including false notifications in the hub for "new" messages) while person 2's comments have disappeared and person 3's comments are in the wrong place making it a totally incoherent conversation.

I've had issues with phantom notifications before but this is the first time messages have vanished or been jumbled up.

Anyone experiencing something similar?
    09-23-15 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD