I have a Bold 9780 and I saved chat history to media card. Now when I go to chat history, I can see the history for people with whom I talk very little but the people I talk to a lot? I can see our conversation up to a certain time i.e a week. I inserted my media card into a card reader and tried opening up the chat history of the above mentioned contact on my laptop but even then I can only see our convo till last week. Where did the conversation go? Is there any way I can get it back? If not, is there are way I can save future conversations so that they will remain forever?

It was an extremely important conversation. Please help if you can.
    Thank you in advance

xx
    04-29-12 11:28 AM
    Double check the folder/subfolders you have saved your BBM chats. They should be lurking there somewhere if you have saved it correctly.
    04-29-12 11:35 AM
    I have a Bold 9780 and I saved chat history to media card. Now when I go to chat history, I can see the history for people with whom I talk very little but the people I talk to a lot? I can see our conversation up to a certain time i.e a week. I inserted my media card into a card reader and tried opening up the chat history of the above mentioned contact on my laptop but even then I can only see our convo till last week. Where did the conversation go? Is there any way I can get it back? If not, is there are way I can save future conversations so that they will remain forever?

It was an extremely important conversation. Please help if you can.
    Thank you in advance
    OK. It's rather easy, but a bit hard to explain...

There are 2 different kinds of chats that are handled differently, but access to them are the same.

1) Individual chats-Are being saved, but there is no option to keep them for a specific time. They are retained according to size. There is a 147kb maximum size limit for these conversations, which is why you do not see too much history from those you may chat with often.

2) Group Chats-Are being saved. The option to change how long the chats are saved can be found when you go into a Group Chat->Menu Key->Chat Options->Where you can elect anything from 1 day to Forever.

Both kind of chats can be seen on the device by going to Media->Files (the little cabinet)->File Folders->Media Card->BlackBerry->IM->BlackBerry Messenger->PIN (you may have others listed if you transferred the SD card from other devices)->History. There you will find all of your histories for various chats listed & assigned code numbers & PIN#'s. However, the BlackBerry device cannot open the files because they are in .csv format. **You can also open these .csv files from your PC via USB or card reader following the same path with any desktop application that can handle .csv files**

I would recommend retrieving & saving your individual conversations to a PC periodically if they are very important due to the file size limitation of 147kb.

EDIT-I did a Google search, and I was able to find a page in which this whole process has been previously laid out in a bit more detail than I could do for this post. Google is your friend! Try it!

Check this out...
    How to Open .OLD file(s) of Blackberry Chat History on the Computer

Hope this helps.
    04-29-12 11:08 PM
    Hey! Ive been having troubles recently with my blackberry curve 8520,I did a wipe out on my phone and i changed my BB setting to save my chats on the media card and now I cannot see my chat history on the media card when i go to all files - IM-bb-pin-history nothing is there, please help.
    10-25-14 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD