The S4 is rooted, running KitKat. It's in excellent condition, and I have two good quality cases to throw in: an OEM flip case (puts to sleep when closed), and a very durable Tech21 case by Impactology. Will ship in original box with adapter and ear buds.

The phone is locked to T-Mobile US. It can be unlocked but I don't know anything about unlocking phones so the person who gets it will have to take care of that (unless they're on T-Mobile US).

I'm only interested in the STA100-5, since it's the one that can run on T-Mobile's network with full LTE support.
    03-15-14 03:27 PM
    Members that wish to list items in the Marketplace should use the following template:

Thread title: (WTS/WTT)
    Item Description:
    Price:
    Carrier Locked or Unlocked?:
    Condition:
    Includes:
    Item Location:
    Shipping Details: *
    Payment Options:
    Additional Info:
    Photos: **
    Contact Info - Please PM or post below (do not post your email address)

* We suggest using a means of shipping that provides tracking information such as USPS with delivery confirmation, FedEx or UPS. For the extra couple bucks it is worth it to both the buyer and seller.

** Required. No web or ‘stock’ photos please. Post a picture of the item in your possession that you wish to sell.

Howdy! Please format your ad in a post below according to the Marketplace template, and need to post pics of the device you want to trade. Thanks.
    03-15-14 10:07 PM
    You rooted your Sammy but don't know how to unlock? Ok

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    03-15-14 10:37 PM
    You rooted your Sammy but don't know how to unlock? Ok

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    If a person knows how to root, doesn't mean he knows how to unlock a phone too!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:29 AM
    If a person knows how to root, doesn't mean he knows how to unlock a phone too!

Posted via CB10
    True, you don't learn how to unlock a phone until one day you decide to find out how to do it. Do you always need to unlock a phone? NO. Is it common or necessary to root a phone? Yes, very common and very easy.

From my White Z30
    03-16-14 12:47 AM
    Okay, let me make up for the deficiencies in the original post.

Item: Locked T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4

Price: Trade for an unlocked BlackBerry Z30. I'd take a Z30 locked to T-Mobile, but since they don't exist that's not an option.

Here's a photo:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (T-Mobile US) for  Z30 (STA100-5)-20140316_135921.jpg

Shipping: I can ship to anywhere in the US, using UPS, at my own expense, and expect the trading partner to do the same.

Description: As stated in the OP, the phone is rooted, not unlocked. I rooted the phone because I wanted to run certain apps on it to enhance battery life, namely SetCPU and Greenify. Battery life is good anyway, but I'm always looking for ways to improve it on any phone that I use. I have no interest in flashing custom ROMs, kernels, etc. The OS is stock TouchWiz 4.4.2 KitKat, although I use the Nova Prime launcher. I've deleted a certain amount of Samsung bloatware, but of course I'll restore everything to factory settings before shipping, if anyone is interested.

As Atmatrix pointed out, I've never had any need to unlock a phone, so I've never learned how to do it. If it's as easy as rebroker2009 implies, the person who acquires the phone should have no problem doing it. If this is a sticking point for anyone who is otherwise interested, I'll find out how to do it and take care of it.

The phone is in excellent condition. I always keep my phone in cases, and I clean the screen daily with eyeglass lens cleaning tissues (after I clean my eyeglasses!). I don't carry a phone in a pocket with anything else in it. There has been no water damage. There are no discernible cracks or scratches on the screen or elsewhere. All signs of "normal wear" are very minor. The OEM battery is included with the phone, of course.

I have sold a number of used phones (including a number of BlackBerrys) on eBay, under the name "moodsky". You can check my feedback rating there, if you like.

Extras: The two cases mentioned in the OP; OEM flip case and Impactology shell case.

As I see it, the proposed trade is one 2013 flagship device for another.

I hope this post is more informative than the original.

Contact via PM if interested.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-16-14 01:44 PM