Has anyone sold and shipped to Nigeria? I'm in talks with a forum members named sharon_7. But just saw the newbie status on CB also this member has no post. I'm kinda scared of getting scammed. Not sure if I'm talking to a legitimate person.
    04-30-14 08:22 AM
    Has anyone sold and shipped to Nigeria? I'm in talks with a forum members named sharon_7. But just saw the newbie status on CB also this member has no post. I'm kinda scared of getting scammed. Not sure if I'm talking to a legitimate person.
    Buyer beware, but if the member has no real record to stand on, I would honestly stop and think it over.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-30-14 08:27 AM
    Buyer beware, but if the member has no real record to stand on, I would honestly stop and think it over.
    You're so right. I'm feeling very weird about this one. They already have my BlackBerry pin and the asked for my PayPal email to send payment. Thanks BergerKing! I should have came here sooner.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-30-14 08:33 AM
    Members should always exercise their best judgment, and we don't mean to disparage anyone unnecessarily, but there are valid reasons we urge caution, and why we have our Marketplace Guidelines. If it doesn't feel right, trust your gut.
    john_v, ajst222, niss63 and 1 others like this.
    04-30-14 09:45 AM
    That's why I simply don't ship international (exception Canada). Too much can go wrong, and your feedback and reputation can get trashed with one transaction. Not to mention the potential financial and even possible legal headaches.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-30-14 10:16 AM
    I've never shipped anywhere outside of the US, however I would ship to Canada. Plus I'd they are a newb with no feedback, that makes it even tougher

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    john_v likes this.
    05-01-14 03:02 PM
    Ok, I just have to give a big shout-out to BergerKing. The amount of work he does to keep the CB Marketplace working smoothly is amazing.

As someone who has SmartphoneADD, I spend a good bit of the time I'm logged into Mobile Nations surfing the different Marketplaces, just window shopping and looking for possible deals. (drives my wife crazy, I might add!)

The Marketplaces on the other Mobile Nations sites don't hold a candle to the CrackBerry site, and a huge part of that is the work that BergerKing puts in. I realize he will probably say he's just building on what others have started, and yes there's some truth to that. Rich (PKCable) used to put a lot of time in here as well. But when I go over to the other sites, there's threads getting locked left and right for not being site-specific (ie android on android central, ios on imore, et), there's people just trolling through the Marketplace threads telling everyone that stuff can be had "...for so much cheaper on Swappa, so you should adjust your price accordingly...". It's enough to drive a seller crazy.

Yes, there used to be a lot of that here, but it's really settled down. I sent an email earlier today to James Falconer, telling him the other three Markets should model themselves after this one. I should have given BK more props in that email. So I'll do it publicly here.

So here's to the unsung hero of the CrackBerry Marketplace - BergerKing. Modding is a (mostly) thankless job, so Kevin, give the guy some props!!
    Ecm, ajst222, hamsterwheel and 5 others like this.
    05-01-14 04:28 PM
    Ok, I just have to give a big shout-out to BergerKing. The amount of work he does to keep the CB Marketplace working smoothly is amazing.

As someone who has SmartphoneADD, I spend a good bit of the time I'm logged into Mobile Nations surfing the different Marketplaces, just window shopping and looking for possible deals. (drives my wife crazy, I might add!)

The Marketplaces on the other Mobile Nations sites don't hold a candle to the CrackBerry site, and a huge part of that is the work that BergerKing puts in. I realize he will probably say he's just building on what others have started, and yes there's some truth to that. Rich (PKCable) used to put a lot of time in here as well. But when I go over to the other sites, there's threads getting locked left and right for not being site-specific (ie android on android central, ios on imore, et), there's people just trolling through the Marketplace threads telling everyone that stuff can be had "...for so much cheaper on Swappa, so you should adjust your price accordingly...". It's enough to drive a seller crazy.

Yes, there used to be a lot of that here, but it's really settled down. I sent an email earlier today to James Falconer, telling him the other three Markets should model themselves after this one. I should have given BK more props in that email. So I'll do it publicly here.

So here's to the unsung hero of the CrackBerry Marketplace - BergerKing. Modding is a (mostly) thankless job, so Kevin, give the guy some props!!
    I second this! And also, you need to consider that the CrackBerry marketplace is far busier than any other Mobile Nations marketplace. Add all those extra posts, threads, and God knows what else goes on, and that just makes BK's job that much better.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    john_v, BergerKing, niss63 and 2 others like this.
    05-01-14 04:46 PM
    Thanks, guys, it means a lot hearing it from the regulars here. I know it was in the doldrums just a few months back, but didn't think it should be that way. Our members deserve better, and that's all I try to deliver.

A thriving, vital Marketplace is a gift to us all. I think it is counterproductive to shut down members because of the device they have to offer. A CB member looking to buy a gift for a family member should be able to look here if another member has what they need. It isn't always going to be a BB. I'm also suggesting ideas to make it possible to draw attention across the sites to attract even more potential buyers.

So, with the help of the other team members, and with the support of all of you, we are working to make it better. You folks deserve it.
    ajst222, john_v, Furell and 6 others like this.
    05-01-14 05:43 PM
    Thanks, guys, it means a lot hearing it from the regulars here. I know it was in the doldrums just a few months back, but didn't think it should be that way. Our members deserve better, and that's all I try to deliver.

A thriving, vital Marketplace is a gift to us all. I think it is counterproductive to shut down members because of the device they have to offer. A CB member looking to buy a gift for a family member should be able to look here if another member has what they need. It isn't always going to be a BB.

So, with the help of the other team members, we are working to make it better. You folks deserve it.
    I never really got it being limited to only BlackBerry devices, king of the same thing with people using other devices on this site. I think that's irrelevant, so I'm glad we can trade freely here

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-01-14 05:49 PM
    (drives my wife crazy, I might add!)
    Glad I'm not alone in this!

A thriving, vital Marketplace is a gift to us all. I think it is counterproductive to shut down members because of the device they have to offer. A CB member looking to buy a gift for a family member should be able to look here if another member has what they need. It isn't always going to be a BB. I'm also suggesting ideas to make it possible to draw attention across the sites to attract even more potential buyers.

So, with the help of the other team members, and with the support of all of you, we are working to make it better. You folks deserve it.
    I agree with John and appreciate all that you do. Just do what you can and don't let yourself get burned out - life is short and forum modding is thankless and time consuming.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-02-14 07:34 AM
    Once again a big bump for BergerKing. He needs to do some " Marketplace Mod Schooling" for a sister site who shall remain nameless.

I speak mainly for myself, but I'm sure lots of people agree, rules and guidelines are fine as long as they are fair and consistently administered. Don't close one thread because a phone isn't an android device (oops did I say that) but bump someone else's sales thread where they are selling headphones. Comes AC as hypocrisy and favoritism.

In other words don't trot out the rules only when they suit you.

There, now I feel better. Maybe I shouldn't have vented here, but we have such great moderation here in the CB market. It needs to be appreciated.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    bunky1971, ajst222 and BergerKing like this.
    05-06-14 09:55 PM
    Once again a big bump for BergerKing. He needs to do some " Marketplace Mod Schooling" for a sister site who shall remain nameless.

I speak mainly for myself, but I'm sure lots of people agree, rules and guidelines are fine as long as they are fair and consistently administered. Don't close one thread because a phone isn't an android device (oops did I say that) but bump someone else's sales thread where they are selling headphones. Comes AC as hypocrisy and favoritism.

In other words don't trot out the rules only when they suit you.

There, now I feel better. Maybe I shouldn't have vented here, but we have such great moderation here in the CB market. It needs to be appreciated.

It is interesting sitting back and watching the MobileNationsMarketplaces (MNM) and how they are handled. That's pretty much what I have done in the past 6 years as a member
    *disclaimer - I use CB/AC/WPC so I cant speak for iM or CDLY...

BK does such a great job, and actually MODERATES, not slams or belittles members as I've noticed in other marketplaces.
    elite1, ellesar and PK are on point as well and redirect posts to the stickies without creating bad feelings.

CB has a few very helpful members that will try to post and assist or redirect to the stickies when a thread may not be in the format. As PK says, backseat mods, and I think its GREAT we try to help others who may have not been around for so long.

After all, isn't that the spirit and intent of a forum, to help answer questions and for this site in particular, how to maximize and enjoy the best possible use of the device WE CHOSE to carry?

Maybe its time to do a remodel of the Marketplace and have a MNM mod team and establish a process to have posts approved before they are available to the public.
    It would cut down on bandwidth, storage space, Moderators time, cluttered threads, etc. AND members looking through the threads would see the same format no matter what MNM site they are surfing

At least this way, all postings will be treated equally and we can get our devices new owners

What do you ladies and gentlemen think?
    john_v, BergerKing and ajst222 like this.
    05-07-14 06:56 AM
    I think a central Mobile Nations Marketplace would be fantastic. (and I know who I would nominate for head Marketplace Mod )

I think what it boils down to is consistency and respect. Here, there's a consistency. Sellers quickly find out that if the MN format isn't followed, they'll get a response from a mod or even sometimes a long-time seller linking to the format guidelines. Nothing harsh, 'cause let's face it, we're all guilty of going to websites and checking the "yes I read the rules" box, right?

But it's consistency. It's not letting the lack of the format slide while demanding pictures. It's not picking and choosing which MN guidelines to enforce.

And it's respect. Anyone who spends a little bit of time around a forum quickly learns that you must respect the mods. 'nuf said.

But I think it goes both ways as well; human nature is that we want to be respected and treated like a human as well. Speaking for the Marketplace mods (because let's face it, that's where I spend 99% of my time on CrackBerry) we as members are given that kind of respect (at least until your behavior warrants otherwise).

I think the CrackBerry Marketplace is the leader and role model for how the rest of the MN Marketplaces should be, not to mention the blueprint for a Mobile Nations Marketplace . And seeing as its also the busiest Marketplace, that says a lot.

bunky1971, ajst222 and BergerKing like this.
    05-07-14 07:29 AM
    Actually, we just had a long session about potential changes to better suit the needs of all Mobile Nations members. Stay tuned...
    john_v, bunky1971 and ajst222 like this.
    05-07-14 04:38 PM
    Actually, we just had a long session about potential changes to better suit the needs of all Mobile Nations members. Stay tuned...
    I noticed that some (like WPC) don't even have a feedback forum!!! I personally think it should be required.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-07-14 07:29 PM
    Yes, we've been reviewing our system, and looking to streamline things and make the Marketplace a more responsive setup. It is a wave that has risen, and the input of members has been noted.

One of the things I mentioned is that I am hoping to eliminate this Us vs Them mentality that has existed for far too long. It will take some thought to work it out, but, it can be done, IMO.

So, let's see what happens, because tomorrow is another day, and hopefully, some walls will fall.
    05-07-14 10:21 PM
    One of the things I mentioned is that I am hoping to eliminate this Us vs Them mentality that has existed for far too long. It will take some thought to work it out, but, it can be done, IMO.
    You're my hero.

Posted via CB10
    bunky1971 likes this.
    05-08-14 02:11 PM
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Note revisions, this is a step in the right direction.
    john_v and niss63 like this.
    05-08-14 03:04 PM
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Note revisions, this is a step in the right direction.
    I like. Definitely a step in the right direction. I like the idea of a trade being allowed in multiple forums.

BergerKing likes this.
    05-08-14 08:55 PM
    There are bigger plans coming. They are really pushing the list devices in the appropriate device forum/site
    for sales, but WTS/WTT can be listed in areas where a member is interested in trading or otherwise. This gives them flexibility.

Note that cross-site requirements have been adjusted to a more manageable level. If you meet the MN qualifications on another site, but cannot post, contact the moderator team of that site. I had a case earlier today where a qualified member couldn't post, and it took refreshing their profile at our level to fix the problem.
    john_v, niss63 and bunky1971 like this.
    05-08-14 11:15 PM
    There are bigger plans coming. They are really pushing the list devices in the appropriate device forum/site
    for sales, but WTS/WTT can be listed in areas where a member is interested in trading or otherwise. This gives them flexibility. .
    I think this is appropriate. It keeps things consistent but still allows for the flexibility of a trade. And speaking for myself, that where the cross-platform listing has helped me the most is in trades.

Note that cross-site requirements have been adjusted to a more manageable level. If you meet the MN qualifications on another site, but cannot post, contact the moderator team of that site. I had a case earlier today where a qualified member couldn't post, and it took refreshing their profile at our level to fix the problem.
    I think this is the biggest thing. It has to be mostly painless for a CB veteran to go to imore or AC and post their item. Otherwise people get frustrated. And I think it should probably be notated a little clearer as far as the post counts or something. I know it's spelled out in The Marketplace Rules but....

All in all, thanks for going to bat for us, BK. It's nice to see and hear tangible proof that our voices are being heard and taken seriously.

Keep up the good work!

BergerKing and niss63 like this.
    05-08-14 11:54 PM
    The ultimate goal is to have a central market place, and the prime candidate to run it is BK!
    john_v, niss63, BergerKing and 1 others like this.
    05-09-14 09:58 AM
    Well if all you do is talk about work at the watercooler I think I'll take break outside
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-09-14 10:55 AM
    Love the work you guys do here keep it up!!

Sent from my Moto X
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-09-14 06:02 PM
169 12345 ...