CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Wipe and Reinstall OS 6 on a Mac?

Hey Crackberry! I was just wondering if there is anything I could use to wipe and reload os 6 on my 9650 using a Mac. All of the applications I have seen so far have been for Windows only. Would it be ok to use desktop manager? Or should I ask one of my roommates to use their PC laptops? If I used one of my my roommates laptops, it wouldnt affect the next time I plugged my phone into my Mac would it? Thanks for any and all assistance guys, youre the best

You could set up a virtual window environment on your mac and run the program of your choice. But I think you would be better off to use one of your roommates PCs. It would be much easier IMO. It shouldn't affect your device the next time you plug it into your mac.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

Thanked by:
    pistolpete0891 (02-26-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

I also have a MacBook Pro. I don't believe there's a way to upgrade/downgrade OS' without using Bootcamp, VMWare Fusion, Parraells, or another similar program. Bootcamp is free and comes with your Mac, however the downfall is you cannot run Windows and OSx together at the same time. I prefer and have downloaded VMware Fusion. It allows you to run Windows and the Mac OSx side by side; thus permitting you to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to downgrade/upgrade.

Bootcamp is free, the others cost; however I found a great and some-what simple way to get a legit key and program of VMWare Fusion.

If you're interested, please post here and I will find an appropriate way in showing you the steps. Good luck, hope this helps.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

Like otheers have said the Mac process is not simple. My MacBook Pro runs Win7 under Bootcamp just for BB use. At work a PC serves the same functions. DM on Mac is fine for some purposes but I prefer BBSAK for app backup along with wipe and OS install. Windows is a necessary evil to keep the BB in tiptop shape for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Blackk View Post
    I also have a MacBook Pro. I don't believe there's a way to upgrade/downgrade OS' without using Bootcamp, VMWare Fusion, Parraells, or another similar program. Bootcamp is free and comes with your Mac, however the downfall is you cannot run Windows and OSx together at the same time. I prefer and have downloaded VMware Fusion. It allows you to run Windows and the Mac OSx side by side; thus permitting you to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to downgrade/upgrade.

Bootcamp is free, the others cost; however I found a great and some-what simple way to get a legit key and program of VMWare Fusion.

If you're interested, please post here and I will find an appropriate way in showing you the steps. Good luck, hope this helps.
    im fine using bootcamp, but would have to go out and buy windows software? its not included with bootcamp right?

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete0891 View Post
    im fine using bootcamp, but would have to go out and buy windows software? its not included with bootcamp right?
    MicroSoft will want their pound of flesh. Win 7 is readily available if a bit pricey. For a long time I did with a borrowed PC. In the end the privacy and control at home led to a purchase of Windows.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    330B5665

Default Re-installing the OS on a blackberry torch on my MacBook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by middbrew View Post
    You could set up a virtual window environment on your mac and run the program of your choice. But I think you would be better off to use one of your roommates PCs. It would be much easier IMO. It shouldn't affect your device the next time you plug it into your mac.
    Thanks for the update. I have a MacBook Pro and really need to re-install the OS on my blackberry bold. Please give me a step-by-step for this process including that for installing a parallel windows OS for this purpose (free would be preferable of course). Expecting your reply. Thanks again.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Just follow this guide, and when the OS options show up pick the OS6 version you want.

Success: Downgrading an OS using Mac + DM