CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry using bb as a wireless modem

anyone using bb as a wireless modem with mac leopard please help. the sales rep spent 2 1/2 hours today trying to help me with no luck. thinking about switching back to reg phone. we can not seem to get the mac to accept/recognize the bb as an internet service/ modem.
    sarah
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    PIN
    296C692F

Hey. Either PIN me or goto. www.fribble.org. The guy that owns that site has a script to download on there. He has an 8100 and 8800 script$ either will work for any blackberry.

Its pretty sweet.

pin:319f3c9a

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes, in fact I am using my BlackBerry Curve 8330's Modem Mode right now, tether via bluetooth to my MacBook Pro. The directions are simple, and they work. BUT MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THEM TO THE T.

I can't post any links yet so just go up to the search button and type in "Blackberry Mac Modem" or something like that.

Search and you shall find! Good Luck!
    CrackBerry User

Default mac and curve

I a looking to connect my mac with my curve 8320 as well.....
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    2441cd3e

i have a link that has illustrated directions.. but i can't post it. gimme your email and i'll send it to you
    CrackBerry User

Default Works

Using a 8130 Pearl , bluetooth to my iMac works fine with the directions..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    PIN
    296C692F

Its simple and easy, as you that are using it can see. Still goto that link I posted above and search for either the 8100 or 8800 scriptfiles. Save that, drag into your modem folder (on the mac) and that's 90% of it. My PIN is up above but ill post it again. Send me a msg and ill email you or anyone the files and directions, or I can walk you through step by step to get it working.

-Justin
    pin:319f3c9a

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    PIN
    32568D37

I had problems with my leopard macbook and my 8330 using bt. No matter what I tried I couldn't get it working so I'm using USB and that worked for me.

CrackBerry Newbie

Default how did you set it up?

hi, i'm dying over here trying to figure out how to connect my mac<>blackberry pearl either via USB or via Bluetooth and it's just not happening. I've tried pocketmac, imobimac, launch2net, etc etc. and it's just not going. I can get a connect, but then it drops right away. are there settings in the blackberry or other panels in system preferences that need to be a certain way. is there a system setting on the blackberry that needs to be changed at all? also of note is that i am on alltel service. thanks much.

bw
    CrackBerry User

www.fribble.ord is a blank page.
    CrackBerry User

Wireless Internet: BlackBerry Curve as Bluetooth Modem for OS-X Mac &bull; Perishable Press

this link is GREAT! it shows u step by step on how to tether your blackberry through bluetooth and to use as a modem....follow it to the T and u should have no problems
    "It is remarkable how similar the pattern of love is to the pattern of insanity."

"If you're hungry, have a piece of your friend."