Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default For those still having issues with Syncing your Curves with Pocket Sync!

Well i have a solution via Blackberry Tech Support.

Basically what you have to do is follow these steps:
    Go To:
    >Macintosh HD
    >System
    >Library
    >Extensions
    >Delete the files called "BlackberryUSB.kext" and "BlackberryUSBDev.kext"
    >Empty the Trash
    >Re-Install the driver updates from the Blackberry Website
    >Restart Comp
    >Plug in the BB first
    >Go to the PocketSync APP
    >Click on the BB icon.

after that you should see it say Blackberry and list the devices pin

Apparently what the flaw is, is that the program doesnt actually update the drivers for some reason so you have to go into the folders and delete the old ones before installing the new ones.

Hope this helps
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,668 Global Posts
    PIN
    The Dog Ate It

To add to what's been said above be sure to download the updated driver also which is located below the pocketmac download.

Also be sure to set the default on the BB to yes for mass storage device. Otherwise if you don't when the prompt shows up your BB it disconnects from your mac.
    Last edited by ERDude; 05-27-2008 at 12:07 AM.
    Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

There, Their, and They're are not interchangeable. Come on people learn the difference among the 3.

Oh and While I'm at it "alot" is not a word!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ERDude View Post
    To add to what's been said above be sure to download the updated driver also which is located below the pocketmac download.

Also be sure to set the default on the BB to yes for mass storage device. Otherwise if you don't when the prompt shows up your BB it disconnects from your mac.
    actually i never had to turn on the mass storage it connected without it being on
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,668 Global Posts
    PIN
    The Dog Ate It

Quote Originally Posted by drumzalicious View Post
    actually i never had to turn on the mass storage it connected without it being on
    Several of us have run across this issue, once the default was set to yes and the updated driver was installed we were able to connect and sync without a problem
    Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

There, Their, and They're are not interchangeable. Come on people learn the difference among the 3.

Oh and While I'm at it "alot" is not a word!
  5. ShortStop51001

IF i set mine to mass storage, the BB resets within a few seconds. This is after i uninstalled then installed the new version. Before i reinstalled everything worked fine, just couldnt get my media card to mount.

Oh well PocketMac recognizes my BB without turning on Mass Storage.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

So is everyone solving any previous issues they had ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thank you for the tip. I've been fighting with this on my old powerbook for three days! Worked straight up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Default Frustrated

Love my new Curve...but I've uninstalled deleted everything and reinstalled atleast 5 times now...Anyone on OS 10.5.2 with a Sprint/Nextel Curve have success?
    CrackBerry User

does this method also work with an 8830 and Entourage 08?
  10. ShortStop51001

Quote Originally Posted by bb love View Post
    Love my new Curve...but I've uninstalled deleted everything and reinstalled atleast 5 times now...Anyone on OS 10.5.2 with a Sprint/Nextel Curve have success?
    i am on os 10.5.2 and BEFORE i deleted and installed everything, my BB synced fine, no problem. After i deleted and installed everything, my bb does a reset if i turn mass storage on(which it didnt before). I just keep mass storage mode off, and it works fine. I have a usb reader anyways and i send stuff bluetooth style lol.
    CrackBerry User

Followed instructions in first post. BB is going thru syncing motions but Calendar info not updating on BB and the Sync never ends.....
    CrackBerry User

would someone mind posting the link to the driver? I have searched BB's site and can't seem to find it.
    THX
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    upon request

BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac

click on download pocketmac
    select pocket mac
    click next. then you will see the download for drivers
    Last edited by Teek; 06-01-2008 at 10:23 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

This worked great with contacts and calender but is freezing with tasks. I am running 10.5.2 with office 04. Any suggestions?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

I am not to sure about the tasks because all i was really trying to do was transfer my contacts and such. . . . sorry about that.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks anyway. I don't normally sync the tasks and notes, but I figured I would try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

how do you turn on or off mass storage device
    CrackBerry User

Go To:
    >Macintosh HD
    >System
    >Library
    >Extensions
    >Empty the Trash
    >Restart Comp
    >Plug in the BB first
    >Click on the BB icon.

Apparently what the flaw is, is that the program doesnt actually update the drivers for some reason so you have to go into the folders and delete the old ones before installing the new ones.

Hope this helps
    I did this and it helped, it at least connects my computer & BB, but now I get this error...
    [02:29:13.624] An unexpected error has occurred: Bad default category length.
    Any ideas? I was just trying to sync my Entourage contacts, just 1 category.
    I must not think bad thoughts.
    CrackBerry User

A FOLLOW UP TO MY OWN PROBLEM... I got my BB to sync with my Apple Address book, ONLY if I select "all catagories". If I try to sync using just specific groups, it will not sync. Luckily I have 2 MACs, so I can use the address book from one just for the BB, I don't need all my contacts on the BB.
    I must not think bad thoughts.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default still no joy...

drumzalicious,

i followed your instructions to the letter but still no joy... my pocketmac syncmanager just keeps hanging at about 95% complete and after 15-20 mins i cancel and get the following error log -

[12:28:55.893] Error backing up file /Users/****/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
    [12:29:18.873] Error backing up file /Users/****/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
    [12:29:20.478] Error backing up file /Users/****/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
    [12:29:44.656] Error backing up file /Users/****/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageAppointments/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
    [12:29:47.169] Error backing up file /Users/****/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
    [12:30:14.642] Error backing up file /Users/****/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
    [12:30:16.497] Error backing up file /Users/****/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.SyncManagerRestoreAction (error 100); skipping.
    [12:30:44.536] Error backing up file /Users/****/Library/Application Support/PocketMac/Backup/EntourageContacts/backup.xml (error 100); skipping.
    [12:31:36.805] Error encountered: -1 in dateWithLongDateString:ConvertLongDateTimeToCFAbso luteTime
    [12:46:56.571] Synchronization cancelled. Some data may not have been synchronized.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance for you help.
    Last edited by bluebolt; 06-08-2008 at 07:56 AM.
    bluebolt
  21. Jbo
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Curve not registering on my Macbook

So I just got an 8330 and it doesn't even show up on my Macbook. My PC is able to register that it is connected, but the Macbook doesn't. I have followed all of the steps above for uninstalling pocketmac and reinstalling (including the update) but its still not connecting. Any suggestions?
    CrackBerry User

Default It worked

Hi everybody. This is my first post and I wanted to say thank you! I'm all synced!

I have the 8330 on Sprint using os 4.3.0.127. I haven't updated my os yet because I can't stand pc's and don't want to deal with it!

Anyway,
    Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
    So I just got an 8330 and it doesn't even show up on my Macbook. My PC is able to register that it is connected, but the Macbook doesn't. I have followed all of the steps above for uninstalling pocketmac and reinstalling (including the update) but its still not connecting. Any suggestions?
    Something I missed when I first read this post is: make sure you have your mass storage mode set to "yes" not "prompt". That is what made the difference for me.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Go To:
    >Macintosh HD
    >System
    >Library
    >Extensions
    >Empty the Trash
    >Restart Comp
    >Plug in the BB first
    >Click on the BB icon.

Hope this helps

It only bloody works Thank you, I was using missing sync which managed my contacts but wouldn't work with my many calenders. Pocket mac works a treat i'm using 10.5.3 with a 8110. Your next mission should you choose to accept it is getting mobileme to work with a BB
    CrackBerry Newbie

aaah! I have followed all the instructions at the beginning of this thread, then I tried to select all categories like someone else above me, but it still tells me that the error is "skipping!"

I have not set my mass media storage to 'yes' can some one post instructions for a pearl? Also, I don't have a memory card, could this be my problem?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast