Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default problems sync with Ical - double entries on BB

Hello,

I searched crackberry and the web, but don't appear to find a solution to my problem. Here's my situation:

bberry bold 8700
    v 5.0.593 (Bundle 1022, Platform 5.1.0.147)
    MacBookPro 5,3
    Mac OSX 10.6.5
    Desktop Manager version 1.0.4

I have 3 emails on my device:
    - personal gmail
    - work email (on Mac it's on Mail, not Entourage)
    - backup on gmail of my work email

Now the problem is that I entirely depend on my Ical. When I sync BB with Mac MOST of the calendar entries in the BB calendar are double, or triple or eve, 4 times. PLUS there are lots of empty "New event".
    Considering that I hardly ever insert events directly on the BBerry, I am willing to eliminate entirely the sync option BBerry to Ical, and always only sync from Ical to BBerry.
    For a while, I checked the option in Desktop Manager "replace all events on this BBerry", but this stopped working: the triple entries etc keep being on the BBerry calendar.
    Oh, by the way, even the Address book on BBerry is all screwed up with double or triple entries, and refuses to just copy the Adress book on Mac, even though in this case I would need to be able to insert new contacts directly on the BBerry...

Went in Advanced Options - Default Services - where I have:
    Calendar (CICAL) - the gmail backup from my work email
    Contact List - the gmail backup from my work email
    Messagging (CMIME) (don't even know what this is) - the gmail backup from my work email

Maybe the problem is the Service book?
    There I have for some reason all 3 emails in both CICAL and CMIME, plus the the gmail backup from my work emailis also in SYNC. In addition to that I have a whole wealth of other entries in BBIM, BBIM Config, YHO, LbsConfig, KEYNEGO, WPTCP, MMS etc.

Could somebody please please please please please HELP ME?????

Best and thanks
    Elena
    CrackBerry Newbie

hello elena
    I recently had the same problem after doing a BB desktop software update. I use a macbook (snow leopard)/ical (with 10 calendars-color coded)/mac mail and (old) mobile me. I have 3 E mail addresses on my mac and BB. Following the BB update, I had triplicate ical entries on my BB calendar within ical. Deleting two of my 3 "CCALS" in service books on my BB didn't help. I went through my ical and manually deleted all triplicate entries and a re-synch resulted in a "synch error-try again." I tried to no avail. Also my mobile me, which was also triplicate did not recognize the deletions from my macbook ical. I then installed an earlier version of the BB desktop (from the desktop manager) and re-synched. The synch worked, but I still had the triplicates on my BB and they re-appeared on my mac ical where they had been deleted. Replacing all calendar data on my BB didn't help either. I then archived my entire ical to my desktop and deleted my BB calendar (which had the triplicares) from ical, but not my other calendars. On the BB desktop manager, i checked "replace all calendar events on this BB device" and re-synched. The triplicates were removed from my BB. I then made a new BB calendar on my ical and "told" the BB desktop manager to synch BB calendar events to the new BB ical. Things are fine for the moment. One other warning. The BB desktop manager does not synch with the "new" mobile me calendar. RIM says they are working on this issue. No resolution date known. Good luck.