Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy my mac hates sd cards...

my mac wont recognize my media card anymore, im not sure what happend at all it works fine with pcs but my mac wont read any sd cards at all.. i have tryed different card readers and adapters and yea... nothing please help, its making me sad..
    My take on procrastination is....if you wait till the last minute...it only takes you a minute!
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,170 Global Posts

check out this thread regarding mac and sd memory cards.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/mic...rd-help-59575/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thats kinda more a curve issue mine is more of a mac issue i think..
    My take on procrastination is....if you wait till the last minute...it only takes you a minute!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

is there anyway i can get my mac to recognize an sd card again?
    CrackBerry User

how is the SD card formatted? (i.e. did you reformat it?) i have an SD card reader for my iBook, and it works fine...i think it was $5 at radioshack...

is the card reader getting enough power? (if it has a plugin, try plugging it in, if not, try another USB port...)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

i have tryed both usb ports and two different card readers...and yes i had a moto q9c and i reformated the card with it... but my mac wont read any sd cards at all not just my micro sd card
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by nooberry View Post
    is there anyway i can get my mac to recognize an sd card again?
    use a card reader and reformat it...use disk utility. if disk utility cant see it at all? use your windows machine to reformat it to FAT16 or MS-DOS and see if the mac will read it then...

then you can use the mac to reformat it to whatever format you want (ms-dos if you want PCs to see it)
    CrackBerry User

if your mac cant see any SD cards, there is something goofy...you should check in with teh apple support forums,
    discussion.apple.com or support.apple.com or something like that.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

k i will thanks its still sad though.... crap. would me formating the card have anything to do with it?
    CrackBerry User

the only thing i can think is that the motoQ's formatting used a formatting language that mac cant read (like FAT32 or something). so if you format it on a PC and choose MS-DOS, it should read...

i had something similar happen with an external hard drive of mine, and it was a bear to get it formatted back...

good luck!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

sweet ill give it a try tonight your my hero thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

The first question I will ask is was it working on your Mac before? If so, do you or have you ejected the card properly from your Mac...? To eject the external media from a Mac you need to drag the drive icon to the trash or use terminal to to dis-mount the media. If this is not followed properly the Mac will corrupt the media card, and not recognize it. Which sounds like your current problem. Windows will still read the card, but Mac will not. Just format the card in Windows to a FAT32, which is ideal for Mac and PC. This should resolve your problems.
    CrackBerry Newbie

How do you enable mass storage mode on your BB when connecting it to your mac?

I installed pocket mac but it only recognizes my device....

Thanks for the help!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Go into your Options menu on the Blackberry device, Open media card, then there is Enable Mass Storage. Change it to YES and save your updates.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Default started reading sd cards but still not my microsd

well, i tryed another sd card and it finaly worked, but my micro sd card still wont work, i tryed to reformat it on a pc, i tryed every format i could, it wouldnt work, i tryed like everything i could... i guess it corupted the sd card i didnt know you had to put it in the trash, i always just hit eject. well, i told my wife that her laptop has officialy become my blackberry workstation, i transfered my files on the working sd card to her pc. meh its a long process but its woth it to load my blackberry full of the stuff i want! thanks for your help guys. is there anyway to fix a corupted card or what ever the heck i did?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

My BB hates Macs.
    The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
    Vince Lombardi
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

On the Mac, did you try and use the Disk Utility and see if it was detected there? If Disk Utility can see it, you can reformat it and even run a utility to repair the permissions on the disk. You can also try and download another disk repair utility free off the net and see if you can see if it is truly a bad card
    CrackBerry Newbie

The first question I will ask is was it working on your Mac before? If so, do you or have you ejected the card properly from your Mac...? To eject the external media from a Mac you need to drag the drive icon to the trash or use terminal to to dis-mount the media. If this is not followed properly the Mac will corrupt the media card, and not recognize it. Which sounds like your current problem. Windows will still read the card, but Mac will not. Just format the card in Windows to a FAT32, which is ideal for Mac and PC. This should resolve your problems.

Xholmezx78,
    what do you mean by format, format it within the blackberrys os, or within the mac's disk utility. once the card is properly formatted, can i eject the disk improperly without having to erase and reformat every time? and one more, say i had an iphone, what sort of disk would it use and what (if any) would be the benefits in terms of compatibility, could i withdraw the card directly without consequence? you seem like the only one of many who has an idea of what you're saying. thanks, -Asa