Multi Calendar Sync Best Practice
- MacBook Pro running Mac OS 10.7.1 (Lion)
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 2.1.3 (build 10)
- BlackBerry Bold 9700 (6.0 Bundle 2391 (v126.96.36.1994, Platform 188.8.131.52))
- 6 E-mail Accounts (2 of which are Gmail accounts)
6 BB Calendars which sync to 6 respective iCal calendars, including the two Gmail calendars respectively sync'ing with Gmail itself.
It seems (at least to me) that iCal will only let me map calendars on a one-to-one basis rather than many-to-many. Is this correct?
If this is not possible, can anyone advise the best way to handle such a configuration? Until I just upgraded to OS 6 I had just been using one of the Gmail calendars for everything. This was... 'ok'... but I would ideally like to separate the calendars so I can more effectively split my appointments / roles etc.
I am not quite au fait with 'Default Services' etc etc on the BlackBerry so please assume nothing. If I have neglected to provide necessary information please gently ask and I will happily provide. I am really wanting to get everything rolling together in harmony.
Thanks in advance.
Hi BunniesBerry, thanks for your reply.
Yes, that is correct.
I have 6 E-mail accounts each with a respective calendar.
I would like to respectively have 6 calendars in iCal which are sync'd with their matching calendar on the BB.
Have you had any luck with this?
- CrackBerry User
10-12-2011, 11:13 PM #5
- 41 Posts
I am attempting to fix this issue myself right now. Basically I have 3 calendars on my Blackberry device and 5 calendars on my Mac. What I find works best for me, even though this technique still has some short comings.
1. I pick my "work" calendar first and I sync only that calendar to my BlackBerry under the corresponding email.
2. After I check my "play and birthdays" calendar on my desktop manager and change over my default email on my Blackberry so all of my "play and birthday" appointments are added under the correct corresponding email on my blackberry.
3. Then I add my "home" calendar, switch over the default email again and sync one last time.
Basically it's a patience thing and you have to do it one by one. I always start with the calendar that has the most appointments, check that first, then go to the one with the second most, etc.... Just remember do not uncheck the calendars that have already been synced.
I will admit I've had issues with some birthdays, you can read about that issue here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...15#post6749315. We're still waiting on a solution though. Let me know how it works for you and if you find out about anything better for either issue!