Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Just figured out bluetooth tethering on Mac OS ! LOVE IT!

So I was looking for a FREE alternative to tether on my Torch. I did not want to pay for a specific app to let me do this

I decided to google the topic and sure enough, a pdf file with pictures and all instructions...AND listed all carriers for all countries around the work and their apn settings, etc..VERY USEFUL

So now I'm tethering over bluetooth when I don't have wireless connection on my MacBook Pro on OS X 10.6.6. Absolutely love it!

Just thought I'd share...

Thanks!

[edit]:

Here's the link to the pdf file
    Blackberry to Mac Bluetooth Internet Tethering Gui... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Last edited by BBMarco01; 03-12-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Lauriecad (03-08-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Isn't searching great! If only others would follow your example.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,075 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by BBMarco01 View Post
    I decided to google the topic and sure enough, a pdf file with pictures and all instructions...AND listed all carriers for all countries around the work and their apn settings, etc..VERY USEFUL
    Speaking of sharing, Marco, care to share the URL of the instructions that you found?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Sure thing! Always glad to help people out!

here it is:

Blackberry to Mac Bluetooth Internet Tethering Gui... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

The page contains a link to download the pdf file i was talking about.

Goodluck!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    231AAAA1

I know I am a Luddite, but that seems to skip straight through to the free trial of Tether...

CrackBerry User

Wait...does that mean YOU can have the internet free on your MAC using BIS/ BES?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Or you could search Crackberry and read one of the 1,000,256,352 threads on this subject. The nice thing is that setting it up is very easy on the Mac. I've done this for years on the Mac and also on my old Windows machine.