Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

442 Posts
    Global Posts
    446 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default iMac and "Outlook" email

I just got my first iMac yesterday and am wondering....I'd like to use Microsoft "Outlook" as my email program because I get headaches with the other programs and have heard good things about Outlook. Does Microsoft 'Outlook' work well on a Mac?
    Also, I plan to sync my BB curve on my PC laptop....can I call up my Outlook in that computer and do the sync with my BB there instead of on the iMac?
    Last edited by cbmember; 11-29-08 at 02:30 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

1,063 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,072 Global Posts
    a colada

it s called entourage for mac. i got my macbook yesterday , i am working on it right now.. finger crossed
    CrackBerry User

75 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Ask and ye might receive!

Default Outlook vs iCal

Congratulations on switching to the Mac!

I went from using Windows to Mac. This is my experience with BlackBerry.

I found it extremely difficult to sync with Microsoft Entourage. Installing additional plugins, jumping through hoops, etc were involved in setting up Entourage. Now, I find using iCal a lot easier than syncing with Entourage. This is the best setup I have found for Mac and BlackBerry, no wires are even needed!

Calendar: iCal. Google calendar will sync with iCal, and google calendar will sync wirelessly with bb
    Tasks: either iCal or RMT (Remember the Milk, you have to pay $25 to sync wirelessly over the network with your bb, but it is way worth it!)
    Email: IMAP server

I don't have a need to sync notes, if I need a note on the computer, I just email it to myself and download it that way.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions on how to set it up, PM me
    CrackBerry Master

1,063 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,072 Global Posts
    a colada

so, on my side it was very easy to sync my bold with pocket mac and entourage . everything sync , the only thing that didn t sync was the picutres attached with the contacts. did anyone succed to get the picutres attached to the contact by syncing form the bold to the entourage?

beside that , yes its totaly diferent than windows but i dont miss it at all.
    i just hope that blackbery will finaly launch the DM for mac in order for us to do some updates, a proper sync and also very important backup the phone
    CrackBerry Addict

658 Posts
    Global Posts
    762 Global Posts

Default Getting the feeling its time to move from BIS to BES. Advice very appreciated

I am a BIS Mac user

I am used to Ical, Mac Mail & Contacts

I am getting the feeling I should perhaps move over to BES to get everything in sync on my BB and on my Mac laptop..

But that means dumping iCal (and I spent a year persuading my wife to ditch move over to Mac and ditch Outlook / Entourage )

It will cost me an extra 40 ($80) per month to make the move the BES..

Perhaps I could make do with PocketMac and some well featured IMAP email?

That way I could keep the family's iCal diaries ??? And avoid Entourage?

Any experienced overviews?

At present to get my Laptop and Ical calendars synced - I have to do a manual USB cable sync and although it DOES sync I am getting error messages and issues with deleted entries having to be confirmed (kinda driving me crazy to be honest)

The server based BES might be able to grab / subscribe to my wifes DAVCal / iCal feed..?

I am a sucker for a gadget - if it works and saves me time - I have no shame paying for it!

Love to hear from any other Mac users that made the jump from BIS to BES and from Mac calendar, Mail & contact applications to Entourage to make it all work.

Any regrets? Things that don't work as advertised? Hidden issues?

Many thanks in advance..