Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default iCal/BB calendar/Desktop Mgr. sync issues

(i posted this in the tour section first, but it's been a few days and no response, so i thought i'd try a different place. forgive me if this is an incredibly rude maneuver...)

hello!

i have a BB tour 9630 that is running v. 5.0.0.975 of the operating system.

i use the BB desktop manager for mac to sync, and it is running v. 2.0.0.

i am on a macbook, running snow leopard and v. 10.6.6.

i have one email address associated with my BB.

my issue is syncing: regardless if the DM is set to two-way sync or to replace all events on the device, once i've synced my BB to my iCal, my BB calendar shows everything it should, PLUS events that were long ago deleted from iCal. it also shows events created in iCal that were modified, in that it will show each version of the event; for example, if i create an event in iCal that is to start at 1:15 p.m., then change the start time later to 3:00 p.m., both events will appear in the BB calendar, but not in iCal. only the correct, modified event appears in iCal.

i've tried deleting the CICAL as well as clearing all calendar files from the BB through DM and then replacing device data with iCal data during the next sync, to no avail.

i have also tried this, which did not work: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=345538

help...(and thank you)!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

i found google calender extremely helpful.
    if you sync yr mac with a gmail google calender - download google sync on yr berry - and sync the calender to google, its quite organized.
    moreoever, u can get reminders by email / sms at a pre-defined time prior to the event.
    and finally, gmail sends u a list of your appointsments for the whole day at a pre-defined time of your choice.
    hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

hello, hari.p!

so far, that seems like it's working perfectly. thanks so much for the tip...it's too bad we need to use a workaround with google, but whatever keeps my calendar clean keeps me happy.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default MyBievo.com

If you want an amazing tool that will help you with all of your calendar needs mybievo.com is a great service. Its basically everything calendars. Its simple and easy to use. I think when i signed up it came with 30 days for free but after that i was more than happy to pay the 20 bucks for it. You should check it out. Mybievo.com