Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How can I connect to Mac?

How can I connect my blackberry to my Mac computer? My Os X is 10.4.11 and I can't download blackberry desktop manager on my computer because the software is too low. Is there an alternative to connect my bold 9700 and sync it?
    CrackBerry Master

What do you mean "the software is too low" to download and install The Desktop Manager for Mac?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

My software on my mac is too old, sorry haha.
    CrackBerry Master

OK, I wasn't aware that there was a lower limit on the OSX Version for Desktop manager.

There are a couple of options.
    -The obvious, update to a newer version of the Mac OS on your computer.
    -Dual Boot your mac with Windows.
    -Install windows in a virtual machine.

While I use and support MAC's at work, I've never done a dual boot or Virtual machine. (Why when I have a Windows PC, MAC and Linux boxes all 3 on my desk?) So, I can't be much more help.

Maybe one of the regulars that use the Mac OS more can help.
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    30,774 Global Posts

I would suggest that you ask your question in the Mac Users forum. Most people in the device forums have PCs, but the Mac Users forum tends to get answers from folks who are very knowledgeable about Macs.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Okay sorry about that lak, and thanks Wolfman. I just don't wanna pay for an update that's over 100 dollars
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sorry, you can't download DM on Tiger, if you want, you have 3 options.
    1. Install PacketMac
    2. Dual Boot with Windows
    3. Upgrade to Leopard or Snow Leopard.

Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek (11-28-2010) 
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    30,774 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alaviarin View Post
    Okay sorry about that lak, and thanks Wolfman. I just don't wanna pay for an update that's over 100 dollars
    Not a problem. Although it looks like klintoncloud gave you your answer.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE!

I have the same problem. I have two PowerBook G4 laptops, both Aluminum, one with 1.67ghz running Leopard, and on 1.5ghz running Tiger. Unfortunately the screen on the 1.67 went out and I cannot do a thing with my Desktop Manager on it. The 1.5 on Tiger has Virtual PC on it, but I hate the 1.5 and refuse to use it for anything more than a backup while the other awaits funding for repairs. Besides that I loathe using the PC side of this thing, it's so slow and cumbersome and will not budge. So, I guess, like you I'm in a predicament, but in opposition to mine is due to my own idiotically staunch nature. ;D I paid for the Virtual PC program and if it were possible to make a copy of the disks I'd be glad to send them to you at no cost. I just have no idea if that's at all possible, but I'll look into it now for sure.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Downloads - VirtualBox

This may help, it's free. Why pay for something that does much the same thing?

EDIT: There's always the option of getting Ubuntu on the imac, it should run fine with virtualbox, just needs a bit of work getting it all setup, that's if you're as tech-orientated as some are.
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 11-29-2010 at 01:25 AM.
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    30,774 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    Downloads - VirtualBox

This may help, it's free. Why pay for something that does much the same thing?

EDIT: There's always the option of getting Ubuntu on the imac, it should run fine with virtualbox, just needs a bit of work getting it all setup, that's if you're as tech-orientated as some are.
    Linux should not be an issue for a Mac user. Both Linux and OS X are UNIX-based OSes.