Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Desktop Software 2.1.3 on Lion - Playbook Not Connected

Hi All

updated Blackberry Desktop software to V2.1.3 today as prompted, and since been unable to connect my playbook to my mac. It doesn't appear in the disk utility, the storage doesn't mount, and the Desktop software says 'Not Connected'.

Tried restarting my mac and my playbook. no joy. oh bother!

Any ideas? Thanks
    CrackBerry User

When the PlayBook connects to the Mac, it does so using a network share, so it may take just a few seconds for it to obtain an IP address, before Desktop Software is able to connect to it.

If your problem runs deeper than that, then try running the uninstaller and then restart your Mac, and then run the installer, and then restart your Mac again.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    PIN
    28AFB14D

For me it shows up as a shared drive and I have those designated not to show on my desktop when mounted. I was confused at first too. It still shows up in DM as not having any storage so I cannot sync playlist to it, but I can drag and drop what I need.

Here is a finder screenshot:
    Desktop Software 2.1.3 on Lion - Playbook Not Connected-screen-shot-2011-10-01-12.22.51-am.png
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    PIN
    28AFB14D

The latest Updated fixed things for me, just to follow up. The PB Mounts like any other drive and I can do everything but wifi sync media.