Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default contact sync after upgrade

I updated my 9700 to os 6 on a pc. I had been syncing my contact on a mac a well. It seems that when I connect to desktop manager on the mac, it thinks I am syncing for the first time, and wants me to merge data(will be almost all duplicates) or replace device data (has some new contacts on it, don't want to do that). Anyone know a way to get it to go into the 'resolve conflicts' mode, or just do the 2-way sync?
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm not sure how to resolve that right now but in the future do what I do, always sync your data first, then before updating, export your calendar, contacts and whatever else you sync to an archive. Then you can restore that if anything gets messed up. I also back up the entire device before updating.

Once I get some sleep I'll look into your immediate issue. Hopefully you'll have it figured out by then. Good luck.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,590 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

FWIW, the merge of data is a 2way sync to Mac. The sync service suck balls.
    Posted using my device of choice. May or may not be a BlackBerry.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,615 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

I had this problem too! Is there any way to just export your contacts to the Mac from the BB? Or do a one way sync?

The computer should be able to tell duplicates and just sync new contacts. (I know that it can't ...)
    ~SaMaster14