Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Can't backup 8120 with new blackberry desktop manager 2.0.65 for Mac

I may have missed this on the forum, but I am not able to backup my 8120 on the Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac. I only just got around to install version 2.0.0.65. My phone software is up to date. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. This is the error message I am getting:

The backup failed due to an unexpected error.
    Try backing up your data again. If the issue continues, please contact RIM technical support.

Thank you!
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

Have you email rim?
    Tried a PC?
    Are you able to run windows in a virtual environment and try normal dm?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Fubaz View Post
    Have you email rim?
    Tried a PC?
    Are you able to run windows in a virtual environment and try normal dm?

I have emailed RIM, but I don't expect to hear from them anytime tonight, unfortunately.

I have not tried a PC as of yet - do not have access tonight but I should tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, I just dragged and dropped my BB file onto my desktop until I can get something done.

It's not worth me adding Windows to my Mac, I am not in need of it enough to justify the space.

Now, let's see if RIM has any advice!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I got this figured out. For some reason, the reinstalls were not clean. I ended up using Appdelete and now it's backing up my BB - however, it now won't sync my calendar (syncs contacts fine). Ugh.