Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold 9650 OS upgrade question

Hey, recently switched from PC to MAC, im trying to upload the latest verizon software for my verizon bold. Its an official release. I downloaded the exe file of the software but no im stuck. Can anyone help me out?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mac's do not recognize nor can they open .exe files...there are a number of programs you can use to explore inside the .exe but they usually can only sniff out .zip or .rar files packed inside.

The Mac's equivalent to an .exe would be a .dmg but RIM does not package their software in .dmg and i think, generally, DM for Mac works very differently from it's PC brother.

Unfortunately you (like me) will have to simply wait until Verizon unleashes the update and update you're device either OTA or via DM for Mac...there really is no other way on the Mac.

At the the end of the day our blackberry may not be updated, but we have a better overall computing experience!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

ok thanks, i will wait for the offical Verizon release i guess. My next question is im running a leaked OS verision of 6.0 that i installed when i still had my pc. Will Mac DM recognize the update for my phone when Verizon releases it even though im currently running a version of 6.0?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

ok so verizon has offically released the OS for download but DM isnt showing it...any ideas?
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by RushTheBus View Post
    At the the end of the day our blackberry may not be updated, but we have a better overall computing experience!
    I'll stick with PCs and actually get thing done. http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=29870629
    CrackBerry User

Hello and sorry to take over your thread I see this thread is about the 9650.

I searched the Forums for this but no one seems to talk about Reloads with the new DM for Mac (December). Since previous versions of DM for Mac are clunky, i thought this new DM should work differently..

I finally got my first BB Bold 9650 and i have a Mac 

Well, i installed DM on the Mac and now i'm faced with a dilemma.

The phone came with OS 5.0.0.975 and when i plug in my phone to the Mac, it gives me the option to Upgrade to OS 6, to RELOAD OS 5.0.0 or to Downgrade to 3 other OS 5 versions.

I can see a lot of upgrades that need to be done, both in OS 5 and OS 6.

What does the RELOAD option do exactly? Does is wipe the OS and install a new one, removing BBM contacts and stuff like that?

Or is it a smooth/quick operation, and everything remains the same?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    PIN
    I no longer give my pin out... Too many stalkers

I have a question.. I'm trying to update my from OS5 to OS6 with DM on my Mac. But I keep on getting this:

How do I get the right application so I can update?
    Blackberry Bold 9650 8/21/2010 - 3/12/2011
    Verizon iPhone 4 16GB 3/12/2011-12/15/2012
    Verizon iPhone 5 16GB 12/15/2012-2/15/2014
    VZW Samsung Galaxy S3 2/15/2014-
    CrackBerry User

I also have not been able to upgrade to 6.0

Errors pop up all the time.

Can i install 6.0 from a PC and then Sync stuff on the Mac?

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    CHED NERVE

Quote Originally Posted by CleanUP-CharliE View Post
    ...Can i install 6.0 from a PC and then Sync stuff on the Mac?

Yes you can.
    I use my work PC to install new OSs and still sync with my Mac at home.
    RIM is dead. Long live BlackBerry!