Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation blackberry webcam mac?

so i have a 9700 blackberry and a macbook pro i want to know if there are any ways i can use my blackberry as a webcam so i can go out into the world and cast on sites like jtv or stickm and over ichat is there anyway of doing this thanks
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,551 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Short answer, no.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    PIN
    217941f5
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by weaselnoze View Post
    Incorrect, this only works with phones that have forward facing cameras, not by using a phones rear camera to tether with their computer as use. First poster is correct, there is no way that I've found as there isn't a phone I know of that supports s-video output. A device with DLNA might have the capabilities with the right program/software on it.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Your best bet is to get a webcam that works with both mac and windows, linux too. Some of these $10 webcams work fine, such as logitech. As long as the driver is built-in, it should work. Bring the macbook into the store when shopping for a webcam and ask to test it. Some will gladly see if it works, while most will ask you to buy it before testing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com