CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default blackberry/ipad sync

Can you backup your blackberry to an ipad? like you can with desktop manager to a mac or pc?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts

No.
    iPad is not a computer.
    You will need to sync the BB to the Mac then Sync the iPad to the Mac via iTunes.
    "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    21696A81

I wish they can do something about this though! I am starting to rely on my iPad
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    6,229 Global Posts

Question

Any new info in this area that would allow a BB to sync contacts, notes, calendar and task with an iPad?

Currently syncing my Storm2 to my Lenovo laptop and using Outlook but my laptop is about to go. I'd loved to make a move to the iPad but really like the features of Outlook.

TIA

iPhone 4S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default sync ipad and blackberry

Yes you can sorta kinda indirectly; let me explain.
    As of now this is the only way I know how to do it.

Before I purchased the Ipad. I was syncing my (verizon) Curve 8530 with my 2010 Outlook on my home PC. The pad was a gift from self for Christmas I surfed and surfed looking for an app that would sync the BB with the Ipad. Until I plugged the Ipad into my home PC and saw the option to sync the Ipad with Outlook.
    Simple as that! Now I update all 3 about once a week.
    Remember you are limited to what Outlook is able to sync. Meaning you can only sync contacts, calender, task reminders ect...

You can sync media by downloading and uploading your media by setting you BB and Ipad setting to share the same file folder i.e. My pictures or My document.

I hope this helps
    CrackBerry Newbie

Where is the option to sync iPad with outlook?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just got an ipad2 and started using dropbox.com. It creates a folder on your desktop, laptop, BB, Ipad, and automatically syncs whatever files you put into the dropbox folder with the other machines. And it keeps a copy of it on its server, so its public domain. Its fast and free up to 2 gigs.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Hello All,
    I read this post & I am also trying to sync my Outlook Calendar via Ipad 2 & BB Torch 9810 thru Dropbox. I downloaded to Ipad 2, BB Torch 2 but need steps to get Calendar, Notes, Contacts, Etc in file to see via BB Torch 2. Any help would be appreciated -

Thx

1Koolemom