Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Device and Mac OS10

I have a Curve 9300, I had a Javelin. I'm having the same issue: when I plug in the device my BB desktop software manager won't recognize the device. What could this be?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joe2616 View Post
    I have a Curve 9300, I had a Javelin. I'm having the same issue: when I plug in the device my BB desktop software manager won't recognize the device. What could this be?
    2 questions. What version of OS X are you running, and what version of BB desktop manager are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by joe2616 View Post
    Not sure what the issue could be ... I'm on a Mac and it has no problem recognizing the Torch or the 9000 before it. A few questions come to mind:

Do you have the latest version of DM?

If DM is not running and you plug in the phone, does the computer at least recognize that new hardware is connected?

Are you sure you have a good USB cable? They have been known to go south on occasion.

Have you tried plugging it into a different USB port?

If I can think of anything else, I'll throw it in here.
    Ed

Ursus moderatus levisomnus.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    private

Look at your Blackberry screen when you plug it in; does it ask you to select "usb", "media sync" or "charge only"? (If yes, select "USB" and your mac will immediately pick up on it)
    Notches on my BlackBerry belt: (2003-present)
    7290 ☆ 7100 ☆ 8700 (x3) ☆ 8800 ☆ 8100 ☆ 8300 ☆ 9520 ☆ 8900 ☆ 9000 (x3) ☆ 9700 (x2) ☆ 9780 ☆ 9800 ☆ 8520 ☆ 9900 ☆ 9810 + Playbook ☆
    ★ Today: Q5 [white] ★
    My CB Feedback

Global Posts
    32,959 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

I'm going to move this thread to the Mac Users Forum.