Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Desktop Manager Mac

I just downloaded the official version from RIM and I also had this problem with the beta version.

The software recognizes my blackberry but when I go to sync I get "please retry sync" each time it tries to sync calendars, task, contacts, etc.

I also am getting an error that reads "Persistent store migration failed, missing source managed object model"

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?
    Last edited by mikepgt2; 10-02-2009 at 12:59 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    NED To A Wall

Did you configure everything prior to sync? I beleve you need to tell the software where you want the data, very much like the PC verion
    RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

The only stupid question, is the one not asked.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yes, I believe everything is configured appropriately.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    NED To A Wall

IF this is the case, I would call your carrier. If they do not support the software, ask them to xfer you over to RIM. They released and should support it

Also check for this.

System Requirements
    Mac OS X v10.5.5
    BlackBerry® Device Software v4.2 or higher
    iTunes v7.2 or later
    Last edited by lastraid; 10-02-2009 at 01:02 PM.
    RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

The only stupid question, is the one not asked.
    Retired Moderator

BlackBerry - Desktop Software for Mac

Just in case somebody is looking for a link.... streight from the horses mouth.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,102 Global Posts
    PIN

I'm Sooooo Happy!!!
    my life would not be right without my Blackberry
    cb.com 4 life!!! PIN 23749144
    gdasilva.tumblr.com
    follow me on twitter! @instyleteddy
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts
    PIN
    Maybe...

Yay!! Worked well for me for the first sync
    Have you hit SEARCH today?/
    CrackBerry Newbie

Dont get too excited. First sync after dutifully backing up on the windows side I got this - "Persistent store migration failed, missing source managed object model"
    Clicked past it and sync started.
    Each step errored out and at the end - no contacts, no calendar events and no tasks.
    Back to the windows side and restored.

Thanks for nothing! Like waking up Christmas morning to find socks!!!!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

I got it early this morning (thanks rim for releasing it before I had to go out!) and it works just fine. I had previously synced my bberry with my PC too.
    So now I sync with google cal/contacts on the phone and on my two computers (mac and PC). Hope things don't get too confused over time...haha.

But just wanted to chime in that all works for me...no duplicate contacts/calendar items...updates went fine etc. etc. But i guess we can't do OS updates yet until they package the OS updates in a mac compatible form our we use a converter on mac.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by TDSUS View Post
    Dont get too excited. First sync after dutifully backing up on the windows side I got this - "Persistent store migration failed, missing source managed object model"
    Clicked past it and sync started.
    Each step errored out and at the end - no contacts, no calendar events and no tasks.
    Back to the windows side and restored.

Thanks for nothing! Like waking up Christmas morning to find socks!!!!
    Same here...exactly
    Statman
    8830 WE VZW
    4.6.1.305 hybrid
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Same here...exactly
    Getting that same error?! any fixes on this?

edit: Should be remedied here, gna try now
    View Document

edit2: Worked like a charm! if you get that "Persistent store migration failed, missing source managed object model" error just follow the directions on the kb
    Last edited by mynamesreallong; 10-02-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Added link
    CrackBerry User

I second "mynamesreallong"
    I installed the beta a while back and thought I removed it. But apparently I didn't get it all. I got the "Persistent store migration failed" "Please resync".
    I went to the BB forums, found that knowledgebase article, deleted the files removed the BB Desktop, rebooted, reinstalled, and viola it all works as advertised.
    Finally. Maybe now I can get rid of my PC....
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by danjswartz View Post
    I second "mynamesreallong"
    I installed the beta a while back and thought I removed it. But apparently I didn't get it all. I got the "Persistent store migration failed" "Please resync".
    I went to the BB forums, found that knowledgebase article, deleted the files removed the BB Desktop, rebooted, reinstalled, and viola it all works as advertised.
    Finally. Maybe now I can get rid of my PC....
    me too, im already making a listing for my netbook lol!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Just wanted to pass along my experience.....

I download DM this morning, and couldn't get anything to sync: no contacts, no calendar (it said I had no calendar), no notes, no tasks. After getting frustrated and getting nowhere, just for drill I went to Disk Utilities and hit Repair Permissions. Opened DM again and everything synced perfectly. I'm a happy guy now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat77 View Post
    Just wanted to pass along my experience.....

I download DM this morning, and couldn't get anything to sync: no contacts, no calendar (it said I had no calendar), no notes, no tasks. After getting frustrated and getting nowhere, just for drill I went to Disk Utilities and hit Repair Permissions. Opened DM again and everything synced perfectly. I'm a happy guy now.
    Done that...did that...but willing to try again. Maybe it needed a rest.
    CrackBerry User

I have been waiting for the Mac version since I bought my BlackBerry ...

I was sooooo happy to see it this morning in my inbox.

But it quickly turned to sadness, once I downloaded it and it told me it will not work with my 10.4 OS.

Guess I'm loading the Windows version on the Netbook.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by murrayj5 View Post
    Done that...did that...but willing to try again. Maybe it needed a rest.
    Murray, I wish I could tell you there was something else, but there wasn't. I was as shocked as I could be. Not that I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but I like to know WHY things happen, and I don't. That just seemed to be the cure-all today.
    Last edited by Tomcat77; 10-02-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne3 View Post
    I have been waiting for the Mac version since I bought my BlackBerry ...

I was sooooo happy to see it this morning in my inbox.

But it quickly turned to sadness, once I downloaded it and it told me it will not work with my 10.4 OS.

Guess I'm loading the Windows version on the Netbook.

Hey, if you're on an Intel based mac, you can get 10.6 for 29.99. You might want to check this out...
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by tmarkt View Post
    Hey, if you're on an Intel based mac, you can get 10.6 for 29.99. You might want to check this out...
    I am, It's an Intel 2GB dual core, running 10.4.

I went into Apple to see about upgrading and they told me I can't do the simple Snow Leopard upgrade, because I have Tiger, I would have to totally wipe Tiger and do a fresh install of Leopard.

Expensive ... not to mention the time consuming portion to backup everything to the external drive.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne3 View Post
    I am, It's an Intel 2GB dual core, running 10.4.

I went into Apple to see about upgrading and they told me I can't do the simple Snow Leopard upgrade, because I have Tiger, I would have to totally wipe Tiger and do a fresh install of Leopard.

Expensive ... not to mention the time consuming portion to backup everything to the external drive.
    Well, I've read that the $29.99 version is the full version and that you can do a full install with it. Yes, you'll have to do a time consuming backup and restore but that might be a small price to pay. Plus, you'll jump up two versions for 29.99. You should check into this, you'll be much happier with 10.6 (I'm still running 10.5). There was a definite speed increase from 10.4 to 10.5, for you going from 10.4 to 10.6 will be even better.

I'm using the DM right now to sync some songs. So far so good... The only issue I've noticed so far is that it's taking a long time to sync. It looks like it's syncing at USB 1.0 speeds.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by tmarkt View Post
    Well, I've read that the $29.99 version is the full version and that you can do a full install with it. Yes, you'll have to do a time consuming backup and restore but that might be a small price to pay. Plus, you'll jump up two versions for 29.99. You should check into this, you'll be much happier with 10.6 (I'm still running 10.5). There was a definite speed increase from 10.4 to 10.5, for you going from 10.4 to 10.6 will be even better.

I'm using the DM right now to sync some songs. So far so good... The only issue I've noticed so far is that it's taking a long time to sync. It looks like it's syncing at USB 1.0 speeds.
    Hmm ... I need to check into that and not just take Apple's word for it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

You can't go from 10.4 (Tiger) to 10.6 (Snow Leopard) with the $29 upgrade. You need 10.5 installed in order for the upgrade disc to work.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by marckatz View Post
    You can't go from 10.4 (Tiger) to 10.6 (Snow Leopard) with the $29 upgrade. You need 10.5 installed in order for the upgrade disc to work.
    That is what Apple told me when I asked about upgrading just before Snow Leopard came out.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hmmm differing info...see this link

or this one

seems you CAN go from tiger to SL...
    Statman
    8830 WE VZW
    4.6.1.305 hybrid
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
    CrackBerry User

Default I upgraded from 10.4 to 10.6 for $29

I did it the other day, inserted the $29 snow leopard disc into my intel core duo macbook pro running Tiger. Snow leopard installed perfectly. Works great....gained 12gb of storage and runs faster! GO FOR IT
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast