Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation BB9900 / Mac OSX / Sync / Email etc

Hi guys,

I am using a Bold 9900 and am a Mac user. My Outlook for Mac 2011 recently died and I lost all my emails. I'm ready for a change.

I have an IMAP personal email address and I would like to do the following:

Sync my IMAP email, calendar and contacts from my Mac to Blackberry. Like THE CLOUD does for Apple.

Is this possible?!

If not, what email clients, calendar systems etc do you all use?

I'm soooo close to either going 100% Apple OR paying for a Blackberry developer to develop a Cloud system for Blackberry thats EXACTLY like the apple version (whichever is the cheaper!)

Thanks

Global Posts
    32,969 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

I'm moving this to the Mac Users Forum, hopefully they can help.
    CrackBerry User

Default BB9900 / Mac OSX / Sync / Email etc

Hi,

I had the same experience, especially doing the circle BB9700 -> iPhone 4S -> BB9900 (the last one is the current one).

Previously, I used GMail and Google sync but switched over to office365 (the exchange online plan for approx 4 per month) with the free BB Cloud Services (go to office365.com and blackberry.com and do some reading) and syncing mails, calender and contacts is absolutely trouble-free and works great with my own domain!!

I always a used and will always be using the native Mac apps for mail, contacts and calender. I also tried the exchange setup on an iOS device and it worked just fine.

One downside: the setup process is a bit of work and the documentation on BBCS really leaves some room for improvement, to say the least (also: BBCS seem to require IE for a correct setup).
    It took me two or three days to complete the setup but once completed it is working perfectly, smoothly and like a dream.

So no need to pay a developer to build your own iCloud-clone - just use office365 and BlackBerry Cloud Services for office365 (works with the smallest or the 'E' plans for office365 and is free).

I hope this is helpful even though this thread is a bit older.

- sent via mobile device.
    Last edited by MKDS; 09-24-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    PIN
    3-2-Frank-Charles-David-Boy-Edward-0

Default Re: BB9900 / Mac OSX / Sync / Email etc

Even though, I'm a Mac user (at home), I don't rely on it's ecosystem. Currently, I'm dependent on Google apps (email, contacts and calendars). The reason, I went with Google is because I was with Yahoo, and at work we use Outlook. And before 2008, I was using a Palm Pilot (which I love and miss). Anywho, Google is the best for me because, I can access it anywhere: PC, Mac, iOS, Android (of course), and especially my BB.

I don't like the Cloud, even though I can access it from the web, but mainly because if I should need a new median to access (my most important) information (calendar, emails and contacts), I can easily switch, and no importing needed, unless i'm using a software like MS Outlook.

I find that Google works best (of course) on Android, and better on Blackberry than iOS and Windows Mobile.
    I'll never go back to Windows Mobile, would love to go back to Palm OS (because it always worked), never got a chance to love or hate Web OS; all I want is a device that works when I need it, a battery that last for 24 hours, and doesn't cost as much as a laptop.