Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB / iCal / Google Calendar

An old chestnut, I fear, but before I waste any more time on this I'd like to be sure...

I keep my diary on Google Calendar. There's a nice CalDav two-way feature which syncs GCal and iCal seamlessly and near-enough in real-time. So far, so good.

Blackberry DM will sync with iCal, but specifically excludes as 'read-only' calendars held remotely over CalDav. So I can't sync the iCal version of my Google Calendar with my BB.

I particularly do not want to use Google Sync for the BB. It's important for my work that I have appointments well into the past and far into the future on my BB, and Google Sync currently has unacceptable limits on this.

Has anyone found a way round this problem? Or am I stuffed?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

+1 on this issue. I need to sync with iCal and my Google apps calendar. Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

for macbook ical to google sync i use spanning sync works flawlessly.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have this issue as well. I'm not sure why DM thinks Google Calendar is read-only. Like the above posters, I can't use Google Sync - it's too busy. I'd prefer not to have to buy a product. Does anyone know how to fix it?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hi,

FWIW in iCal I subscribe to my Google Calendar and get two way sync. On my BB I sync Google calendar and also get two way sync. I can live with that.

Unfortunately the initial calendar sync only goes back two weeks. Also when I reload the BB OS I have to delete and re-add the Gmail account in order to get Google to sync again.