Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Backup Not Completed - Disconnected

Lately I have been having trouble syncing my BB Bold 9930 to my MacBook Pro. The backup won't completed as I receive an error message stating "The device has been disconnected and cannot complete."

In fact when it hasn't at all. I am using desktop software V2.2.1 (build 7). Anyone have this same problem or a resolution?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyC View Post
    Lately I have been having trouble syncing my BB Bold 9930 to my MacBook Pro. The backup won't completed as I receive an error message stating "The device has been disconnected and cannot complete."

In fact when it hasn't at all. I am using desktop software V2.2.1 (build 7). Anyone have this same problem or a resolution?
    I have had the same program with the previous version. I tried to backup yesterday before upgrading to the version you are using and had the same issue. It seemed to hang while backing up "social feeds" so I tried again doing a partial backup, selecting everything but "social feeds" and it backed up with no problems.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Mine is also stopping on "social feeds". Seems to sync my calendar etc...which is most important but always gets stuck on this part. I'll try the sync without social feeds. Thanks for the tip
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Anyone have a correction to this? I'm able to manually do a back by not selecting social feeds, however I'm trying to upgrade the OS and I can't because it does a backup prior and its getting stuck on Social Feeds.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    282C94D2

I have same problem, in social feeds
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    282C94D2

anyone know how to deal with this? I can't upgrade my phone because backups will cancel
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

Am experiencing the same problem, and have done for months now, have resorted to partial back ups and that seems to work, but not always, it's so annoying and no one seems to have a solution, thanks RIM!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

If you do a backup just don't select social feeds. You can then perform a backup, and upgrade the OS on the phone as well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

How can you not select Social Feeds when you want to update the OS? This is driving me insane.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

@BlackBerryHelp via Twitter gave me a fix for this and it worked

Delete the Social Feeds database - here is how: KB10167-How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone then try to update the device again. ^RG