Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Are the any guinea pigs who have tried the latest Desktop Manager for Mac?

Are the any guinea pigs who have tried the latest Desktop Manager for Mac?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are the any guinea pigs who have tried the latest Desktop Manager for Mac?-guinea_pig.jpg  
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    PIN
    I massage

Default Right Here

Having a wee bit of bother. Hangs up at the resolve conflicts stage.
    CrackBerry Addict

I did because it said I had to update it to install the updated OS on the phone. It froze at the conflict stage on me as well--after I had gone through 235 "conflicts." I ejected the phone then force quit the DM. I reattached the phone, did a full backup and installed the new OS. It installed without a hitch--okay, other than the fact it still loses the data saved in 3rd party programs. I knew well enough to email my mileage log data to myself before upgrading, however, I didn't expect to lose the RSS feeds I had added to EXPSS, but did. I will try to sync again later. I always archive my calendar, contacts and notes on the computer before syncing.
    CrackBerry User

I have it and it seems to be working (sync with calendar and contacts).
    CrackBerry Abuser

I will give this a run soon, so I'm hoping it is stable.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRT View Post
    I have it and it seems to be working (sync with calendar and contacts).
    Problem with calendar sync (iCal).

So just to be clear we're talking about 2.0.1 build 14. I have a Bold 9700, OS5.

Installed it on the prompt this morning and had 55 conflicts to resolve out of some 500 contacts. Went through them manually and hope everything is fine as I don't have time at the moment to check.

It reckoned most of my calendar events were also conflicting so I didn't resolve them and instead went to replace all events on the device. I use iCal (which syncs with Google Calendar) and only sync the device via USB. I do not use the Google sync app thingy.

But so far the device calendar remains untouched and un-updated. I have tried it several times now including closing and re-opening the DM, ejecting the device & closing the DM and plugging it back in to "start again", as well as the same after a battery pull but any which way, the device calendar remains untouched.

Edit: note, at no other time did I get any calendar conflict messages despite some 7 or 8 re-tries.

Video sync seemed to go OK including adding a new video to the selection list.
    Last edited by stasber; 05-03-2011 at 06:44 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I downloaded this last night as well. I'm using a BB 9650 and I had like 44 calendar conflicts when doing so. Everything seemed to sync fine, and I don't notice any issues or enhancements at this time?
    CrackBerry User

So for me it seems "official" - my calendar won't sync at all.

Mac has been switched off and on again a couple of times since the last attempt and I've done a battery pull too. Despite marking the 'replace all calendar events' check box in DM and adding a few new events into iCal, the BB calendar remains unchanged.

Contacts seems to have synced OK as changes I made in Address Book came across fine.

I'm on a Bold 9700 with 5.0.0.351

Guess will have to downgrade for the time being...pita
    CrackBerry Newbie

My main question re: MAC is whether the Blackberry MAC software is for all Macs (including PPC) or Intel only. Checking the Blackberry site, it only says OS 10.5.7 or above. I've seen many software types which say they are supported by Leopard but the asterisk is "Intel Only." (cough....Firefox 4...cough, whic h doesn't even have an asterisk, they let you find out the hard way) Blackberry doesn't say anything about that. I'd like to be sure before I leap into it with a contract.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

Smile

Just posted this on the main page:

Just got a MacBook pro yesterday after years of being a PC user. Was worried about Mac vs BB issues but downloaded and used it last night with no issues. Downside: no option to do one-way sync and no way to set conflict resolution to "device wins". Upside is that only DM is needed to sync to iCal and the Mac address book. No need to download handleld software and no need to purchase MS Outlook. Still adjusting to the Mac but so far it's all good.

Forgot to add that I didn't sync any media via DM since I always did it via drag and drop and the SDcard's folders. Still haven't figured out how to do it on the Mac but I'm sure it will be fine. Would also like to keep photos in a folder rather than using iPhoto.
    Posted from my iGadget. LVMHgirl on tipb.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PCgirl View Post
    Just posted this on the main page:

Just got a MacBook pro yesterday after years of being a PC user. Was worried about Mac vs BB issues but downloaded and used it last night with no issues. Downside: no option to do one-way sync and no way to set conflict resolution to "device wins". Upside is that only DM is needed to sync to iCal and the Mac address book. No need to download handleld software and no need to purchase MS Outlook. Still adjusting to the Mac but so far it's all good.

Forgot to add that I didn't sync any media via DM since I always did it via drag and drop and the SDcard's folders. Still haven't figured out how to do it on the Mac but I'm sure it will be fine. Would also like to keep photos in a folder rather than using iPhoto.
    Never mind about the media gripe! Drag and drop is exactly the same as on a PC!
    Posted from my iGadget. LVMHgirl on tipb.com