Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What are the benefits of the 5.0 OS?

Considering switching from a Tour to the new Storm 2 - heard that 5.0 makes it much better than the original Storm. Can anyone bullet point a summary of the changes (or point to a document with the information) and benefits of the new operating system? Is it functionality? appearance? Please help.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,854 Global Posts

Tour will get a 5.0 os as well. There is a leaked 5.0 out now for the tour. Why not give it a try?
    The Nameless Channel
    Canada | C000F0BDE
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Wold love to - however, my BB is hooked up to my work network server and I need to go through the IT department to upgrade the operating system. If you know a way around this please let me know!
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ssilverman@mccarter.com View Post
    Wold love to - however, my BB is hooked up to my work network server and I need to go through the IT department to upgrade the operating system. If you know a way around this please let me know!
    If its your company blackberry, its better for you to wait until the IT department decides to upgrade every device to 5.0
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,573 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch a loaf.

Yeah, it'd be a pretty bad idea to upgrade the OS on your company provided device... They usually don't take to kindly to that kind of thing...

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    743 Global Posts
    PIN
    29D03CDE

Messages Inbox - you can select which email accounts, and mms/sms are displayed within the inbox. The sms/mms & email separation isn't a new thing, but now you can actually select which email accounts are displayed within the inbox. Great if you have work and personal email accounts on your device.

Other than that, now you have an option at the main menu for display changes, etc... wallpaper changing, and of course the ability to change some native BlackBerry theme formats. Zen and Today are one thing.

There are a lot of other minor changes here and there as well.

The Browser will apparently get tabbed browsing at one point, too, one of the leaks had, it but had been removed since then.
    www.worldhistoria.com

Discuss all things history, works well with a BB browser, and or OM .

PIN: 29D03CDE - Bold 9900
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts

5.0 has threaded sms.
    {"for better for worse,for richer for poorer,in sickness and in health,cherish,and to obey,trust u and respect u,love you faithfully good times and bad times,care and protect u,comfort and encourage,stay with for all eternity"}
    _american in the usa_