Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Legal Eagle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,075 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Stick with .296 or update to leaked 440 ?

    Has anyone who has upgraded from .296 to the leaked .440 found it a big improvement ?

    As a newbie I am a little reluctant to upgrade until my carrier (Vodafone UK) releases an official update unless there is a huge benefit to be had.

    Your views would be much appreciated.
  2. kawint's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    90 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I have upgraded a few days ago. To be honest, I don't see any difference between the two. Battery life is about the same.
  3. chaddeus's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,062 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,065 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Personally, I say update to .440. The upgrade is pretty easy so not a hassle for me at all. Plus I am psychologically feeling better to know that I have the latest

    - Charles
    Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/cthaddeus

    Phone History : Nokia 3310 > Nokia 8250 > Nokia 3320 > Nokia 7210 > Sony Ericsson T610i > Sony Ericsson W810i > Nokia E71 > Nokia E72 > Blackberry 9700 > Blackberry 9800 > Blackberry 9900 > Blackberry Q10

    PDA History : Compaq iPAQ 3630 > Playbook 64GB > Google Nexus 7 16GB

    "After 1 month of using my Samsung Galaxy S3, I am back to my Blackberry 9900. Physical keyboard rules!!"
  4. Legal Eagle's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,075 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Think that I will stick with .296 until my carrier comes up with an update.

    I have had no issues with battery life on .296 other than when using Bluetooth when in the car, but switching from 3G to 2G when on the move sorted this.
  5. barrist's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,229 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,233 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    For me 440 has considerably better battery life than any other. Didn't notice the trackpad glowing thing, but could care less. ringtone works, and battery charging works.

    It's so easy to change OSes, may as well try it out imo. No harm done. OSes can vary in performance for each user/carrier/etc.
  6. Fnord's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,426 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,439 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legal Eagle View Post
    Think that I will stick with .296 until my carrier comes up with an update.

    I have had no issues with battery life on .296 other than when using Bluetooth when in the car, but switching from 3G to 2G when on the move sorted this.
    If it ain't broke don't feel the need to fix it.

    Personally, I updated and am pretty happy with the build. Have not had issues, battery seems a little more stable, and it solved my random reboot problem.

    Just note that there is no difference between a leak and an official release (other than your carriers stamp of approval). There is no doubt that carriers will be releasing .440...
  7. Phill_UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

    Posts
    12,709 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barrist View Post
    For me 440 has considerably better battery life than any other. Didn't notice the trackpad glowing thing, but could care less. ringtone works, and battery charging works.

    It's so easy to change OSes, may as well try it out imo. No harm done. OSes can vary in performance for each user/carrier/etc.
    A huge +1 from me

    .296 was also a joke for browsing in. The trackpad and lower part of the screen were far too over-sensitive, causing unwanted open links every time you tried to scroll on a page. This true bug was fixed in .353 but battery life was not so good. This was greatly improved in .440

    Ringtone bug? battery charging bug?... user error?
    Trackpad glowing bug?... gimme a break!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  8. Vijik's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,644 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    A huge +1 from me

    .296 was also a joke for browsing in. The trackpad and lower part of the screen were far too over-sensitive, causing unwanted open links every time you tried to scroll on a page. This true bug was fixed in .353 but battery life was not so good. This was greatly improved in .440

    Ringtone bug? battery charging bug?... user error?
    Trackpad glowing bug?... gimme a break!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1.

    OS .353 was much nicer to browser with comparing to .296

    I would also upgrade to the latest. However, I always upgrade about 2 weeks after it is released so that if there are any showstopper bugs, the early adapters can report it and stop me going into the trap of upgrading with a showstopper bug.
    BB10: EmailforGoogleGmail, HUB & BBM Connected, NFC Enabled, Native App for Z10
    BB10: MyProfilesPro, ShortcutMe 10, BBM Connected, NFC Enabled, Native Apps for Z10
    BBOS 4+: ShortcutMe, (on sale, %40 off) The Ultimate Shortcut application for BlackBerry
    BBOS 7+: NFCShortcuts, Tap a NFC tag to launch an app, a task, or your macro shortcut in Shortcutme
    BBOS 5+: MyOwnHotKeys, Override default hotkeys and create your own hotkeys
  9. tws992004's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Hi Friends,
    I used .296 originally but my bold drains the batt so fast..
    and for some reasons it keeps on hanging up...
    so I downloaded .353 and now just installed .440.

    Here's what I have found out:
    - This is All language version. so, Asian, European are also included
    - stable and apps load very fast compared to .353
    - restart from battery pulled out is also very fast compared to .353
    - BB PROTECT WORKS
    this is great since version up to .353 is not supported.

    - Misc Apps works great too:
    -- File Scout, Memory Booster.. etc..
    - Battery life lasts longer than .353.
    I've been using for about 12 hours now and the batt is still a bit less than 1/2.
    This is after heavy used of social feeds on (Gmail, Ymail Messengers ON, RSS feeds),
    searching webs using native apps, listening to music , emails...
    when I used previous os, by now I would surely have been scouring for power outlet !!!

    - Maps work great

    COOL....
  10. FBA
    FBA is offline
    FBA's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,640 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I'd concur with just about everything mentioned above. The deal breaker was the increased battery life with .440...seriously better battery life indeed!
    Z10
    Steve - Besadmin
  11. mssca's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legal Eagle View Post
    Think that I will stick with .296 until my carrier comes up with an update.

    I have had no issues with battery life on .296 other than when using Bluetooth when in the car, but switching from 3G to 2G when on the move sorted this.
    Same here... I have looked in to this since OS7 leaks came out first. Considering that I have no issues with the current Telus version, I will stick with it. However, once OS 7.1, which has the ability to support wifi hotspot (which Bell/Telus already said that they will support for free), I will upgrade mine with the leaked version.

    Both wifi hotspot and NFC is service books dependent. Too bad RIM give so much control to the service providers.

    If I were you, I would upgrade the OS as soon as OS 7.1 hit the net.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
    Legal Eagle likes this.
  12. mssca's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tws992004 View Post
    Hi Friends,
    I used .296 originally but my bold drains the batt so fast..
    and for some reasons it keeps on hanging up...
    so I downloaded .353 and now just installed .440.

    Here's what I have found out:
    - This is All language version. so, Asian, European are also included
    - stable and apps load very fast compared to .353
    - restart from battery pulled out is also very fast compared to .353
    - BB PROTECT WORKS
    this is great since version up to .353 is not supported.

    - Misc Apps works great too:
    -- File Scout, Memory Booster.. etc..
    - Battery life lasts longer than .353.
    I've been using for about 12 hours now and the batt is still a bit less than 1/2.
    This is after heavy used of social feeds on (Gmail, Ymail Messengers ON, RSS feeds),
    searching webs using native apps, listening to music , emails...
    when I used previous os, by now I would surely have been scouring for power outlet !!!

    - Maps work great

    COOL....
    Just to let you know that BB Protect works on .261 too... I think it has to do with your service provider and may be you had an issue with the BB Protect app itself before.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
  13. Phill_UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

    Posts
    12,709 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    ...since I run leaked OS version on my phone all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    ...Considering that I have no issues with the current Telus version, I will stick with it.

    Make your mind up mss-ca
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
  14. mssca's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    Make your mind up mss-ca
    .261 is Telus stock version. I used to run leaked OS all the time and then stop doing so after buying the Bold 9900. I USED to own a Bold 9700. Also, you seems to have too much free time to follow me around the Crackberry ALL the time.
    Pearl™ 8130 > Bold™ 9700 (Unlocked) > Bold™ 9900 (Unlocked)
    One step forward, two steps backwards; the Research in (slow) Motion.
    WWW: My Site | Geek Community
    Find my posts useful? Please let me know by clicking Thanks
    Captain Scarlet likes this.
  15. Phill_UK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

    Posts
    12,709 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    Also, you seems to have too much free time to follow me around the Crackberry ALL the time.
    LOL. You wish!

    We have the same phones and we post in the same forum... I just have a good memory
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
  16. Ak.B's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    #16  

    Talking

    Everything working perfectly and much longer on .440, highly recommended.
  17. mczak2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    does anyone have a link to where i can DL 440. update?
  18. PiotrJot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    939 Posts
    Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mczak2 View Post
    does anyone have a link to where i can DL 440. update?
    Have a look in the official .440 thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...9900-a-657896/
    There is a bunch of links posted
  19. chunt69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    250 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    I would reccommend .440 for sure, .353 was an improvement with the speed and reception i was getting but .440 is even better again.
    battery life is much better, no more using large amounts of life when not in use like .296.
    reception is even better aswell, my signal stays stronger for longer and everything seems to work quicker- for the half hour or so it takes to upgrade i'd say go for it :-)
    Currently using an Xperia S but waiting in the wings for a new BB after i got bored of a 9900.....
    Android does most things i need to do but i still beleive BB can do it better...
  20. ekafara's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    948 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    I think ill be putting 440 on mine tonight. 9900/7.0.0.261 right now. Its a shame that the stock OS version is so low. I've never put a leaked version on so if anyone can link my to the best walk through for it that would be greatly appreciated. .

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  21. m.seif's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Heard that sometimes, installing new OS would brick /break the phone < any advices to follow to prevent or minimize the possibility ?

    Thanks
  22. Spawn12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,493 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,495 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Ive had 440 since it was first leaked and honestly my battery life is pretty shocking compared to 353 that i had running a week or so ago. At idle im hitting 10% discharge rate according to meterberry...i havent got anything running in the background other than the normal 5 apps. I dont know if its this current BIS outage thats causing my battery to die but i wouldnt think it would be that.

    Looks like ill be going back to 353 in the next few days unless it improves dramatically.
  23. barrist's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,229 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,233 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn12 View Post
    Ive had 440 since it was first leaked and honestly my battery life is pretty shocking compared to 353 that i had running a week or so ago. At idle im hitting 10% discharge rate according to meterberry...i havent got anything running in the background other than the normal 5 apps. I dont know if its this current BIS outage thats causing my battery to die but i wouldnt think it would be that.

    Looks like ill be going back to 353 in the next few days unless it improves dramatically.

    My battery is suddenly brutal too.. I think it could be the BIS outage, because it was excellent the first few days after installing.
  24. Spawn12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,493 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,495 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barrist View Post
    My battery is suddenly brutal too.. I think it could be the BIS outage, because it was excellent the first few days after installing.
    Yep definitely seems like the BIS outage is causing havoc with my battery...i havent used my 9900 for the past few hrs and meterberry is telling me at idle im getting 9.9% discharge...ive reset the discharge rate and its still telling me 9%+ discharge rate.

    Hopefully RIM will get this frickin BIS outage sorted out asap so i can then see if it was the outage causing my battery to drain.
  25. Ak.B's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,797 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn12 View Post
    Yep definitely seems like the BIS outage is causing havoc with my battery...i havent used my 9900 for the past few hrs and meterberry is telling me at idle im getting 9.9% discharge...ive reset the discharge rate and its still telling me 9%+ discharge rate.

    Hopefully RIM will get this frickin BIS outage sorted out asap so i can then see if it was the outage causing my battery to drain.
    My guess too...full battery at 9am was out by 3pm... 6hrs!

    The outage has gotta be it!


    ...still .440 has been the best build so far.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions