Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. ztide's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default OS 6 for 9630 Tour?

    now that the 6.0.0.222 files have been leaked for the 9650, is it possible that a tour version can be made (hybrid 9650/9630 version)?

    its been a week since the leak and i haven't even seen anyone ask about it.

    i thought the only reason why it may not work was if it took a lot of memory, does anyone know how much it takes? (and if it will fit on a tour?)

    i was also on the understanding that the 9650 files are almost the same as the 9630s so there is almost nothing that needs to be changed when using a 9650's files on a 9630.
    Does this mean that a 6.0 for the tour can be made from a 6.0 from the 9650? or does an official 6.0 have to be released (or leaked) for the tour 9630 before anything can be done (as a 6.0 "base")

    i'm asking as an unfortunate tour user who might be able to upgrade to the bold within the next few days, but wants to know if it is really necessary.

    Any answers would be appreciated as soon as possible, both for me and for the rest of the tour club
    thanks!
  2. ttsoldier's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    673 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    PIN
    E
    #3  

    Default

    "Your arms too short to box with God.."

    My Red 9700
  3. Suprah's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    840 Posts
    Global Posts
    841 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    someone get these noobs off crackberry. spamming threads
    Non-conforming signature moderated to comply with forum rules
  4. Barredbard's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    490 Posts
    PIN
    Pin-free
    #5  

    Default

    Dang. Prior posts were kind of cruel. But the experts say that this cannot be done. Different files, etcetera. I empathize with you. I had the Tour and specifically upgraded to for OS 6 and more memory and trackpad. You might consider doing the same; RIM has stated that the Tour will not be getting OS 6. I am not a tekkie, but it seems a lost cause.
  5. pcgizmo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

    Posts
    5,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO
    #6  

    Default

    Considering the forum gives you a list entitled "Here are the similar threads we found:", I stand behind my first reply. Whether it comes off as cruel or not.
  6. Suprah's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    840 Posts
    Global Posts
    841 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plkcable View Post
    Considering the forum gives you a list entitled "Here are the similar threads we found:", I stand behind my first reply. Whether it comes off as cruel or not.
    ur right man
    Non-conforming signature moderated to comply with forum rules
  7. Pi Guy 3.14's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    PIN
    safety, rolling, clothes, hair, bowling, bobby?
    #8  

    Default

    I love these threads. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  8. Barredbard's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    490 Posts
    PIN
    Pin-free
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plkcable View Post
    Considering the forum gives you a list entitled "Here are the similar threads we found:", I stand behind my first reply. Whether it comes off as cruel or not.
    It would have taken the same time to simply tell OP that it wasn't possible. He has 12 posts, and is definitely a newbie, as everyone realizes. When I was a newbie, I had no idea how to search the forums. Heck, I wasn't even sure that it could be done. No need to heckle the guy, however truthful your statements about this being covered in other forums are. That's why this is a community; we help each other. You did help him by providing links to older posts. Some of the other responses were downright wicked . . .
    Last edited by Barredbard; 09-27-2010 at 05:07 PM.
  9. ztide's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barredbard View Post
    It would have taken the same time to simply tell OP that it wasn't possible. He has 12 posts, and is definitely a newbie, as everyone realizes. When I was a newbie, I had no idea how to search the forums. Heck, I wasn't even sure that it could be done. No need to heckle the guy, however truthful your statements about this being covered in other forums are. That's why this is a community; we help each other. You did help him by providing links to older posts. Some of the other responses were downright wicked . . .
    hi guys
    your loveable OP here!!

    first off, although i may have few posts, i have been here for quite a while- just fyi

    anyway, for all you smart alecks that want to build up your post count by posting garbage answers then there's nothing for me to say.

    however, for those of you that can really want to help, please actually read my question before acting all-knowing

    i didn't ask if OS6 would be officially released by RIM.
    This is pretty conclusive and has been since RIM announced 6.0 many months ago.
    I asked if someone will be able to use the 6.0 files from the 9650 for the 9630 in some kind of "hybrid" state as they are essentially the same phone.

    while many people have speculated on whether unofficial 6.0 is a possibility, no one has actually confirmed with actual knowledge.
    people have guessed that not enough memory is a problem, however the fact that a hybrid reduces memory requirements may solve that (and the fact that a few blackberrys will support 6.0 even with the lower amount of mem- like i believe the pearl and storm models- indicates that this may not be a problem at all).
    the other possibility that people have guessed is if a trackpad is needed.
    this is a guess however, and no one has actually said this as a fact (some though have taken that rumor and restated it as a fact as rumors often do).
    i was asking that being that 9650 hybrids need very little changes to run on a 9630 (which is why 9630 and 9650 hybrids are usually released together), can someone do that with this release.
    i am asking this now (vs the questions that people were asking in those threads from many months ago) because the 9650 6.0 files were just leaked.

    so if someone (who knows how to make hybrids....) can please let me know if this might be possible from the 9650 files currently available, i would really appreciate it.
    thanks
  10. ridesno159's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    PIN
    What's that?
    #11  

    Default

    Check this thread out, it explains how ones phone's OS can't be installed on another phone. The sfi file can't be swapped between phones. (ex. 8330 got OS 5, 8330m didn't)

    http://forums.crackberry.com/f217/s2...-256mb-531881/
  11. Pi Guy 3.14's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    PIN
    safety, rolling, clothes, hair, bowling, bobby?
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ztide View Post
    blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Dude, who cares even if you could get the files to work for a hybrid... ITS NOT GOING TO MAKE THAT BIG OF A DIFFERENCE WITH YOUR DEVICE!!! Face the facts... Buy a new phone if you want 6.0 or deal with it not having it. Simple.

    You will NOT see any features from 6.0 on your 9630 EVER, so get over yourself and just plain ol' give up. Stop trying.

    This has been covered so many times before!!!!!!!!!!!! You say you been here for a while, so actually try READING around. Just because no one gave YOU "actual knowledge" in this thread ()doesn't mean it hasn't been covered somewhere else (again, multiple times).

    And wow, you think I'm being mean, this is the interwebz, if you can't stand the heat then get out the kitchen.
  12. pcgizmo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

    Posts
    5,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO
    #13  

    Default

    lol, gotta love when n00bies rant!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pi Guy 3.14 View Post
    This has been covered so many times before!!!!!!!!!!!! You say you been here for a while, so actually try READING around. Just because no one gave YOU "actual knowledge" in this thread ()doesn't mean it hasn't been covered somewhere else (again, multiple times).
    Well said.
  13. gman23's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    **** yeeah noobs are so stupid ******* idiots asking stupid questions .they should just kill everybody that dont know everything about blackberry .blah blah blah blah blah so stupid dumb muther****ers blah blah blah no os 6 blah blah blah im so smart im so smart blah blah blah . this site is turning into a joke . im a cool yet ? did hit genius status yet ? blah blah blah bunch of clowns
    In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
  14. creepers's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    331 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    PIN
    310DD0AE
    #15  

    Default

    Wait....I thought noobs were good for the site? You know, to make it more popular. But I guess I'm wrong.

    Build your own site so you can keep noobs off, and just keep it for yourself. This site would be a prime example of why the internet shouldn't have a nobel peace prize......because of all knowing post hungry idiots like yourselves telling noobs they are stupid for not searching. Now back to the topic.

    I've tried everything loading that os with 734 files every which way I could, and to no avail. I came so close, it loaded up perfectly and I almost **** my pants lol...but when the tour finished booting I was staring at a settings type screen like a debug room in any final fantasy, so I just kinda gave up. Its a letdown, I know lol.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  15. chethammer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    My wife used a Storm and had problems with the screen so I bought her a Tour (wanted a keyboard). Just found out about OS6 so I was curious to see if it could be put on her Tour. That's why I checked here. I was only checking and wasn't going to join or post until I read Pi Guy 3.14's post. One of the rudest posts I've seen on a forum (I belong to Sherdog's MMA forum so that's saying a lot). Absolutely no reason to post that other than to try to be superior to someone.

    We all know that forum searches are nebulous at their best. You don't always come up with what you're searching for. The OP did his due dilligence and found his question to be different than previous questions already asked. So PI you get over yourself.
  16. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,421 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,433 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #17  

    Default

    At least be civil guys.
    I agree that ztide should've searched first, but he didn't, so just tell him "no, becasue the files are incompatible. Sorry." and wait for a mod to close the thread.
    Plk's post wasn't so bad imo, but some of the subsequent ones were kinda arrogant. Seriously guys, think about it - if you chase off all the new peeps by being sarcastic, then CrackBerry will have less members.
  17. Pi Guy 3.14's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    PIN
    safety, rolling, clothes, hair, bowling, bobby?
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chethammer View Post
    My wife used a Storm and had problems with the screen so I bought her a Tour (wanted a keyboard). Just found out about OS6 so I was curious to see if it could be put on her Tour. That's why I checked here. I was only checking and wasn't going to join or post until I read Pi Guy 3.14's post. One of the rudest posts I've seen on a forum (I belong to Sherdog's MMA forum so that's saying a lot). Absolutely no reason to post that other than to try to be superior to someone.

    We all know that forum searches are nebulous at their best. You don't always come up with what you're searching for. The OP did his due dilligence and found his question to be different than previous questions already asked. So PI you get over yourself.
    Cool story. Not sure how telling the truth is rude, but hey whatever, I don't care either way.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  18. reverepats's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    588 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    PIN
    ???????????
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pi Guy 3.14 View Post
    Cool story. Not sure how telling the truth is rude, but hey whatever, I don't care either way.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1
    10char
  19. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,421 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,433 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #20  

    Default

    Pi guy has the dubious honor of being the most ignored/blocked person on this forum chethammer. You get used to it.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  20. Knocks's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    I love how all these "experienced" forum users are bashing an alleged newbie (in reality a veteran lurker) and providing him with GARBAGE answers.

    Yes, OS6 on Tour is officially unsupported by RIM. Is it technically impossible for a hacked version to appear sooner or later? No. The phones have the same internals, other than flash and that pseudo-innovation called a trackpad.

    For Pete's sakes, Chrome OS was just installed on the freaking iPad. Do you geniuses really consider it far-fetched for an OS intended to run on BlackBerry 9650 to be hacked and installed on BlackBerry 9630?
  21. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,421 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,433 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #22  

    Default

    From what I hear, there's one way that might work, but I don't know how it works or remember what it's called, and anyway it's illegal so I doubt any reputable site will help you with it.
    And sorry some people are **** offs, but that's life - if you can't handle the occasional **** off, then you're gonna have a miserable life.
    Further, if I had posted a question like yours I would have gotten similar answers. Not that I'm that outstanding of a CrackBerry member, but there is a basic level of understanding that's expected, and when an answered question is rehashed over and over some people get irritated.
    The phones do have basically the same internals, but some of the hard coding differentiates them. I had the 8330m, which is just barely different from the 8330, but it wasn't compatible with the 8330's OS's.
    And didn't google build chrome for the ipad?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  22. ztide's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

    Default

    i thank those who were genuinely trying to help by providing useful info.

    in short, this is not possible simply due to the lack of a leak of a tour radio file for 6.0. Being that RIM is not planning on an upgrade for the tour, is it highly unlikely that they would experiment and try to make one, so a leak of such a file won't happen

    apparently driphter tried loading a radio file from a different device and said that he gave up because the tools needed would be "illegal" if he could get it to work.

    unfortunately, although i am willing to pay for a bold, my sprint plan is not "compatible" with the bold (or any other new smartphones in the future).
    This is an obvious attempt by sprint to get those with older cheaper plans to "upgrade" to a new one and pay more.
    how my plan is compatible with a tour and not a bold makes even less sense than the reason why 6.0 won't be released by RIM for the tour and is beyond me.

    It seems that I will be stuck with the tour for many years to come (i have a sick sprint plan that i will not be willing to give up )


    PS: pathetically, the only way for me to be able to use a bold would be by changing the bold ESN to a tour (or other bb) ESN. I know that that may be (stupidly) illegal and very difficult, though i thought i read about an ESN changer for the tour somewhere (maybe it will work for the bold as well?)
    Last edited by ztide; 10-13-2010 at 06:26 PM.
  23. Pi Guy 3.14's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    PIN
    safety, rolling, clothes, hair, bowling, bobby?
    #24  

    Default

    Are we there yet? No one has 6.0 on their tour yet??? C"mon slackers lmao.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  24. yeahboyyy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    191 Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey
    #25  

    Default

    ztide, you will quickly learn that crackberry.com is full of extremely rude people who have nothing better to do than go off on new users when they miss the search feature.

    Honestly, there are maybe 10-15 people here who have any valuable knowledge and they are the reason I come here. I really wish there was a way to block these idiots who complain all the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions