Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default my beefs on 5.0 hybrid

I don't know if any of this issues have been addressed. I apologize if they have been, but here if my list of beefs for the hybrid 5.0.

1) Listening to my mp3 player on my tour I have noticed no continuation in the playlist. For instance, I have I want to listen to and I select track 1. Once track 2 comes on automatically the audio is shot but the track continues to play. I will then have to select a new song for it to work again.

2) It may be me or something I am doing wrong but I try to SMS someone that has a BB( I have there PIN in my contacts) and I BBM them automaticaly instead of SMS them. Its very annoying seeing as I don't use BBM often.

3) I keep getting the black clock a lot while texting or running apps. This is probably not due to hybrid. Can someone tell me how to clear cache and etc I remember seeing a prompt for how to clear something. Maybe alt+^+ lmlm or something like that

I think that's it. Thanks in advance for everyone who will post

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    PIN
    30c91e08

2. Are you sure you are BBMing them and not just an SMS that is showing in your BBM? They both go through BBM when the recipient's phone book entry has both pin and phone #. They will show different icons though. The SMS icon in BBM looks like a little phone while the BBM msg has the caption icon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    PIN
    head

Go to the main screen, hold alt and type lglg. (Those are lower case L's)
    This brings up the system event log. Menu - clear all or clear log or somesuch.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

1. Is a known problem with OS5 230 leaks. Just hit the pause button, then play again. It will continue to play. We need a new leak to fix it. The hybrids can't.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
    2. Are you sure you are BBMing them and not just an SMS that is showing in your BBM? They both go through BBM when the recipient's phone book entry has both pin and phone #. They will show different icons though. The SMS icon in BBM looks like a little phone while the BBM msg has the caption icon.
    i think it may be copying it into my BBM and then it notifies me. its just very annoying. whenever i text this person it always notifies me back with a BBM notification instead of a SMS
    "SON OF A BISCUIT"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    940 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jenglish724 View Post
    i think it may be copying it into my BBM and then it notifies me. its just very annoying. whenever i text this person it always notifies me back with a BBM notification instead of a SMS
    Go into BBM, highlight the contact, bring up the BB menu, and "Remove Contacts Link". This should take care of it. I don't think this a hybrid issue; it's been there before, or it's a BBM issue.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32FB7D9A

Sometimes I randomly get the clock screen too. But it seems to only be when the phone freezes up, which I think is due to BerryWeather. Doesn't bug me much though. I think 5.0 is worth having based on the threaded texting alone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

That's what you get with an unofficial leak. Got to wait and hold off until the release so this craziness doesn't happen.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by DominiqueRobin View Post
    That's what you get with an unofficial leak. Got to wait and hold off until the release so this craziness doesn't happen.
    I had way more beefs with the official 4.7 so I am content with some bugs on 5.0 I believe its worth it.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,724 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

When selecting someone in your BBM list, you have the option to send them an SMS message (from the menu). When in SMS mode, you should see the character count at the top of the box as you type (160, 159, 158...).

I've tried it and it works properly for me.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    328BD8EE *Pin me anytime!* I so indecisive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DominiqueRobin View Post
    Actually you're better off with a leak or a hybrid in the fact that it's pure BEFORE a provider gets a hold of if and jacks with whatever they want to do with it AFTER RIM has pushed the golden (Untouched) product.

Just because it's an official release doesn't mean it's going to fix the known issues.

To the OP, welcome to the world of hybrids. You can't please all the people some of the time and you can't please some of the people all the time. The main things to understand about the hybrids are:

1. Optimized OS system for your device, way more than what even RIM wanted to put out or thought about putting out.

2. Not everything is solid, crystal clear, set in stone, 100% concrete, it's the nature of the beast, either you enjoy the pros enough to overlook the cons or you just don't upgrade, period. Complaining isn't going to do any good because the people who put the hybrids together don't have to do it to begin with. It's their time, we aren't paying them. Take it for what it is, a functional optimized system with a few glitches, but probably no more than what an official release would give you anyway, just probably a bit more noticable due to the fact that the files are coming from different source codes than the originals.

I've ran nothing BUT hybrids/leaks since my first blackberry almost 6 months ago (upgraded from the 8830, to a pearl for a week, to a Storm, to the Tour) and i've yet to have a problem that completely throws me for needing to go back to an official release. Nothing's ever really that bad, people just make it bad because things don't do exactly what they want or things don't perform exactly how them want or expect it to.....................to that extent, stop your complaining and fix it yourself!
    BBH-plus.net Help and Support Team via Remote Assistance, Where the TRUE Hybrid users are.....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

I didn't make this post to get flamed. I enjoy my tour and its leak+hyrbrid. Can I not state my problems with it? I didn't know that the media player was messed up and didn't know if it was the leak or if anyone else experienced the same problems.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Don't sweat it jenglish, some on here take things almost personally.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30F4838A

Quote Originally Posted by jenglish724 View Post
    I don't know if any of this issues have been addressed. I apologize if they have been, but here if my list of beefs for the hybrid 5.0.

1) Listening to my mp3 player on my tour I have noticed no continuation in the playlist. For instance, I have I want to listen to and I select track 1. Once track 2 comes on automatically the audio is shot but the track continues to play. I will then have to select a new song for it to work again.
    I'm running .238 hybird version 50v7.14 and my mp3 player works fine when I went to play some music the first 2 little boxes before the rewind button make sure the not high lighted and it should work fine.
    2) It may be me or something I am doing wrong but I try to SMS someone that has a BB( I have there PIN in my contacts) and I BBM them automaticaly instead of SMS them. Its very annoying seeing as I don't use BBM often.

3) I keep getting the black clock a lot while texting or running apps. This is probably not due to hybrid. Can someone tell me how to clear cache and etc I remember seeing a prompt for how to clear something. Maybe alt+^+ lmlm or something like that

I think that's it. Thanks in advance for everyone who will post

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30F4838A

I'm running .238 hybird version 50v7.14 and my mp3 player works fine when I went to play some music the first 2 little boxes before the rewind button make sure the not high lighted and it should work fine.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    PIN
    Drop

That would be the shuffle and replay button and no that does not do it. You are the only person I have heard of not having media player issues. It is a .230 issue not a hybrid issue. I drive a motorcycle to work and used the media player a lot with a bluetooth helmet headset and I don't have a problem on 4.7 but on 5.0 forget it. For the time being the other issues that the hybrids fix for me are out weighing the media problems. This issue will not go away until we get a good 5.0 leak period. Lucky for me my helmet bluetooth has a wired 3.5mm jack that I can plug into utilizing my mp3 for music and still send and receive calls on my 200 plus round trip.