Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree45Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2190A0DB

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    OK, maybe obsessed was a little OTT. It was just that I've seen you ask the same question twice in 2 days and just wondered why... and now I know.
    No idea why a smaller sfi should affect your reception though. The size difference is only due to the additional language support files in a larger sfi.
    Slightly OT, but I have posted it in the .649 leak thread too.
    Which size sfi does .649 have? I wouldn't call it spotty reception, but I definitely have radio issues where it just loses signal. Occasionally disabling and re-enabling "mobile network" will fix it, most times it needs alt+shift+del. More prone to occur after flat battery.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nutter426 View Post
    Which size sfi does .649 have?
    Can't remember exactly. I only used .649 for a day, and it was rubbish. It's a MultiLanguage build though, so should be the same size as this one.
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    CrackBerry User

AVOID THIS RELEASE
    That's my advice. I downloaded and installed this last night. Earlier today when i was using it I noticed that the microphone wasn't picking up anything during phone calls. sometimes it turned itself on after 5 or 10 seconds, sometimes it never clicked on at all (and therefore no one could hear me). Tried everything to get it working but nothing helped.

I Just now downgraded to 694 (a version I never had before either) and everything seems to be working fine.

So to recap, I upgraded to 714 and people couldn't hear me on the phone. Sometimes it worked fine, sometimes the mic didn't turn on until a few seconds into the call, and sometimes it would never turn on at all.

EDIT I should note I'm on AT&T
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by jdelvalle56 View Post
    Wow! Just installed .694 for my ATT. Working great! Hmm - do I chance installing this with the known mic issue? If someone else with ATT installs and works please reply with findings. Thanks!
    yea I made the mistake of installing this on my att phone and had the "mic issue" I didnt know there was such a thing as a ATT mic issue till I read this board.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andysan1971 View Post
    Phil i am on Orange and can't see anywhere that they have released 714?
    Orange and T-Mobile UK have both officially released .714 today
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Leaked OS 7.1.0.714 for BlackBerry Bold 9900 findings and fixes

Does anyone have DLNA issues with this build? I am running 7.1.0.649 and I cannot get the Wifi Media Server to work.

Thanks.
    Last edited by shoekey; 10-13-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
    CrackBerry User

When will we 9930 guys get any update it seems like ages we got an update/leak OS
    CrackBerry User

Default Leaked OS 7.1.0.714 for BlackBerry Bold 9900 findings and fixes

Hi I believe BB Bold 9900 doesn't have an sms threaded view. What upgrade do I need to have it. Thanks to all and pardon my newbieness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Anyone able to elucidate the benefit of running App Resource Monitor (35) as opposed to the one released with the 'official' OS release (24)?

Thx.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,234 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by go2mac View Post
    Hi I believe BB Bold 9900 doesn't have an sms threaded view. What upgrade do I need to have it. Thanks to all and pardon my newbieness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Huh??? Of course it does have sms threaded view. In sms options you can change "Conversation style" to Bubbles or Stripes though. Personally Bubbles looks much better, but it's still threaded view anyway.
    Z30STA1005 OS 10.3.1.1154
    Curious? Follow me @theonecid
    Thanked by:
    go2mac (10-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

My maps app seems to have decided the world is blank. Anyone else get this?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bbpandy View Post
    NEW OS's take a couple days to settle in. Expect higher then normal battery drain for the next few days. After a few days everything should go back to normal, & hopefully better then normal
    I bloody hope so. I unplugged my phone from the charger @ 0600 this morning (so 100%). At 0900 it was at 65% - BBDA says its been draining at between 16 and 6% per hour.

Ouch.

I'm on an 'offically' released OS 7.1.0.714 (O2 in UK)
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm installing this OS and it is now doing the "restoring data" bit. However, I have Blackberry News which has 8269 items and it seems to be taking ten seconds per item. Surely this is going to take hours? Has anyone had the same issue? I have a brand new Dell XPS PC running Windows 7 and am using the USB 3 port (not that the 9900 is USB 3). Anything I can do at this stage? I PULLED THE CABLE OUT AND RESTORED FROM A BACKUP HAVING DELETED BLACKBERRY NEWS. PROBLEM SOLVED!
    Last edited by Pilchard; 10-17-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    Z10 OS 10.3.1.038 (STL 100-2)
    Mrs Pilchard has a Passport
    Playbook (best not talk about that one)
    iPhone 6+
    CrackBerry Genius

I think this release is broken for me. I installed it last night, restored all apps and contacts and emails and txts, and when I went to do my activation with BeBuzz, on cellular, it wouldn't connect, had to start my wifi to get it to work. And now this morning, I went to start up socialscope, and it won't connect as it says checking connectivity and I'm at the office without access to wifi. Never had this problem before. I get emails/facebook/bbm's/txt and I have tried resending service books. Very frustrated with this so far.

I'm on Rogers if that helps.
    Living the world of Blackberry and a fan of the comeback!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

ADR for the past week is 3.03%.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    333BF5D4

Quote Originally Posted by QuIcKsIlV3r View Post
    I think this release is broken for me. I installed it last night, restored all apps and contacts and emails and txts, and when I went to do my activation with BeBuzz, on cellular, it wouldn't connect, had to start my wifi to get it to work. And now this morning, I went to start up socialscope, and it won't connect as it says checking connectivity and I'm at the office without access to wifi. Never had this problem before. I get emails/facebook/bbm's/txt and I have tried resending service books. Very frustrated with this so far.

I'm on Rogers if that helps.
    When I have issues with certain apps after an os change, usually a: delete, reboot, reinstall, reboot does the trick. I think sometimes things get a little mixed up in the upgrade process.
    BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it. 335039AC
    CrackBerry Genius

Yup it can mess it up. I ended up downgrading and in that process, I downgraded just fine, updating apps in appworld and did a battery pull and ended up bricking my phone. Nothing has worked to get my phone back and restored. I have since had to do an upgrade with Rogers to another 9900 and still working to debrick my original 9900. Fortunately, my gf doesn't care enough about having the latest greatest, and her upgrade is due in Feb, so she said I can take her upgrade and get the new BB10 phone and she will take my 9900 lol
    Living the world of Blackberry and a fan of the comeback!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    333BF5D4

Quote Originally Posted by QuIcKsIlV3r View Post
    Yup it can mess it up. I ended up downgrading and in that process, I downgraded just fine, updating apps in appworld and did a battery pull and ended up bricking my phone. Nothing has worked to get my phone back and restored. I have since had to do an upgrade with Rogers to another 9900 and still working to debrick my original 9900. Fortunately, my gf doesn't care enough about having the latest greatest, and her upgrade is due in Feb, so she said I can take her upgrade and get the new BB10 phone and she will take my 9900 lol
    Hooray for girlfriends who don't care too much about their phones! I do!!! I have an upgrade right now with Sprint and one of two things are gonna happen: 1. Sprint will carry the BB10 and I'll sign up for another two years. 2. Sprint will not carry the BB10 and I'll drop them like a hot rock. Done deal. There is no third option.

Good luck with your Bold!
    BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it. 335039AC
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

I don't think it got bricked, did you try a different computer and using the loader.exe /nojvm trick to recover it?
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Pls Ask!

I'm having a very weird issue with my 9900. After installing this OS, it was OK for 10 days or so, then all the problem started.

All the physical buttons (whole key board, menu key, back key and call end and receive buttons) become unresponsive. Nothing happens what so ever. Only the volume keys work.
    Sometimes this problem corrects itself after a battery pull if lucky, but sometimes even after 10 or so continuous battery pulls nothing works. All this while touch screen works ok.

Wondering if anyone encountered this problem???

PIN

Sounds like a hardware problem to me.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Leaked OS 7.1.0.714 for BlackBerry Bold 9900 findings and fixes

i upgraded to 7.1.0 2061 bundle,no 2G network is seen alonside with battery save mode.My 9900 always get hot during,and after battery charging.This was noticed after the upgrade. However,i have dowgraded it back to 7.I need the best version with 2G,&3G,2G,&3G option along side with good battery save mode.The site will be appreciated when sent

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Chijindu View Post
    i upgraded to 7.1.0 2061 bundle,no 2G network is seen alonside with battery save mode.My 9900 always get hot during,and after battery charging.This was noticed after the upgrade. However,i have dowgraded it back to 7.I need the best version with 2G,&3G,2G,&3G option along side with good battery save mode.The site will be appreciated when sentSent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Look no further: Latest 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.794 from China UnicomCarriers control what you see being "2G/EDGE", "3G" and "4G" which is really HSPA+. If you don't see it on your mobile network options, you can't use it.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678