107 Global Posts

How about something for 9790?

Global Posts
    12,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Arrow Updated OS UPGRADE GUIDE

I guess not too many 9380 users yet…
    … I think I just saw some tumbleweeds blow across my screen…

Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    •64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    •32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    • How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    Thanked by:
    bats84 (04-06-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

I was hoping to see some feedback because my carrier hasn't officially reeased 7.1 for the 9380 yet. looks like I'm going to have to take the plunge because no one has commented on the .247 release either.
    CrackBerry User

i only installed this yesterday but it seems to be working well. Has the standard 7.1 features for the curve (FM radio, wi-fi hot-spot). seems to be stable.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk