Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. rroyy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    857 Posts
    PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Exclamation Leaked OS 6.0.0.576 for the BlackBerry Curve 9300 Fixes and Findings

    And second leak for 9300 users! This one is 6.0.0.576

    Download From:
    FileServe
    Last edited by rroyy; 05-25-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

    Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
  2. 2008jackson's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    64 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    direct download link:
    http://teamberry.com/downloads/index....576_rroyy.exe

    credits to the original uploader
  3. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    12,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,377 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    #3  

    Arrow Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

    ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

    1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.


    PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

    Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

    Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
  4. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    12,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,377 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    #4  

    Exclamation 2 COMMON ISSUES w .5XX OS's & THEIR FIXES

    I don't know if 576 will have the same bugs as 570 on other devices, but here's 2 of the most noticeable bugs with 570 and their simple fixes:

    1. Coming out of Bedside Mode, BB is frozen or Trackpad won't scroll.
      *FIX: Toggle Lock key on & off, ie press the Top Left key twice to quickly Lock then Unlock.
    2. With 3rd party themes, App Screen is blank (no icons at all)
      *FIX: Click ESC key and when you return icons are restored. (Only happens once after each batt.pull/reboot/reset)
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

    Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

    Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
  5. PunksterSanders's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    59 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Wow, that was fast..

    I don't know if 576 will have the same bugs as 570 on other devices, but here's 2 of the most noticeable bugs with 570 and their simple fixes:

    1. Coming out of Bedside Mode, BB is frozen or Trackpad won't scroll.
      *FIX: Toggle Lock key on & off, ie press the Top Left key twice to quickly Lock then Unlock.
    2. With 3rd party themes, App Screen is blank (no icons at all)
      *FIX: Click ESC key and when you return icons are restored. (Only happens once after each batt.pull/reboot/reset)
    Let's see if the final release has the same bugs! i'm still running .546 and waiting for the final one.
  6. Elite1's Avatar


    Posts
    12,264 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,377 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PunksterSanders View Post
    Wow, that was fast..

    Let's see if the final release has the same bugs! i'm still running .546 and waiting for the final one.
    The core OS can't be any different. Any changes would come in the form of a new build.

    As I said, these issues are found on some devices running 570. I believe 576 was intended to fix at least one of them, according to a contact I have at AT&T; but I can't confirm personally until I can see 576 for the Torch.

    I'm still in 546 myself. I don't have the blank App Screen, but I do have the freezing after Bedside Mode.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

    Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

    Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
  7. PunksterSanders's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    59 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    The core OS can't be any different. Any changes would come in the form of a new build.

    As I said, these issues are found on some devices running 570. I believe 576 was intended to fix at least one of them, according to a contact I have at AT&T; but I can't confirm personally until I can see 576 for the Torch.

    I'm still in 546 myself. I don't have the blank App Screen, but I do have the freezing after Bedside Mode.
    Ohh i see.. well, hopefully the issues are fixed on .576, i'm also running .546 but i haven't had the freezing after Bedside Mode, i don't even know what "Bedside Mode" means, LOL.

    EDIT: i just read, i'll try that next time i put my phone to charge. I charged it last night, it'll last me until sunday hehe
  8. xankazo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    .546 has been working flawlessly for me, so I need good reasons to install this one.
    Thanked by:
    guido68 (05-20-2011) 
  9. thedarkend's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quick question for those that have installed. Any fix in BBMaps to allow for Start Navigation? Also have they finally fixed the symbol key bug in Word to Go?

    Just thought I'd ask before I went through the hassle of doing the update tonight.

    Thanks
  10. big_time2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xankazo View Post
    .546 has been working flawlessly for me, so I need good reasons to install this one.
    Same here. Did you install this, how does it work, any significant changes?
  11. thedarkend's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Same here. Did you install this, how does it work, any significant changes?
    I buckled and installed this myself last night out of bordem. I can't find a single significant difference as of yet coming from .546. All the differences must be under the hood or not readily visible.

    In the meantime they still haven't fixed the two issues I listed. But, thankfully with the release of Blackberry Feedback me and hopefully several other users will nag them into fixing those bugs soon.

    No memory leaks for the apps I have install. Mind you I've never seemed to find that issue with any of the leaks and I've installed all the ones that have been posted here. Still too early to comment on battery life fully. But, from the use I've gotten out of it so far it appears to be pretty typical.

    *EDIT* I do have more free app memory though then I did previously but some of that could be because of the fresh install and nothing has built up it's cache yet. But I have gained over 25mb so it's pretty significant. Only shrinking I do prior to install is remove VVM, the two sample medias (MP3 & Video), backgrounds, and all themes not related to my provider.

    Overall worth it I guess if you have the time to install it and want the latest version.
    Last edited by thedarkend; 05-21-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
  12. rroyy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    857 Posts
    PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkend View Post
    I buckled and installed this myself last night out of bordem. I can't find a single significant difference as of yet coming from .546. All the differences must be under the hood or not readily visible.

    In the meantime they still haven't fixed the two issues I listed. But, thankfully with the release of Blackberry Feedback me and hopefully several other users will nag them into fixing those bugs soon.

    No memory leaks for the apps I have install. Mind you I've never seemed to find that issue with any of the leaks and I've installed all the ones that have been posted here. Still too early to comment on battery life fully. But, from the use I've gotten out of it so far it appears to be pretty typical.

    *EDIT* I do have more free app memory though then I did previously but some of that could be because of the fresh install and nothing has built up it's cache yet. But I have gained over 25mb so it's pretty significant. Only shrinking I do prior to install is remove VVM, the two sample medias (MP3 & Video), backgrounds, and all themes not related to my provider.

    Overall worth it I guess if you have the time to install it and want the latest version.
    How browser works? Rendering issue was happening w/ all leaked OSs after .486 (Torch) for all devices. If they fixed it I'll use .576 hybrid on my Torch because there seems nothing new for 9800 yet (after .570)
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

    Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
  13. thedarkend's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    17 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I haven't noticed a major rendering issue on the browser. Still chokes on large sites and shuts down. Meanwhile still does checkerboard if the site is highly complex on zoom. To be brutally honest though it appears to be more of a hardware then software limitation.
    I was reading the posting a while back about the browser running on the 9910 and how there was minimal lag and there appeared to be no browser shutdown on large sites. They said it was entirely to do with it's hardware.

    In the end, I do think that some of the problems with any and all mobile browsers could be easily solved by site developers paying more attention to building better mobile sites. There is no excuse anymore for not being able to provide all the content found on the main website rendered to be viewed and function entirely on mobile web kit based browsers. Especially considering that more people then ever are using their smartphones to surf the web instead of going and using their computer.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    Ganayni94 (05-24-2011) 
  14. Ganayni94's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    177 Posts
    PIN
    273BB3B0
    #14  

    Default

    I've installed it this morning and here are what I've noticed :
    1-Much Smoother.
    2-I'm not suffering any memory leaks more like in 6.0.0.546.
    3-Battery life seems to be pretty up till now.
    4-Faster boot time.
  15. big_time2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Anyone notice with this leak that Twitter and Facebook notifications are not showing up anymore?

    I installed it on Sunday and noticed yesterday morning that I didn't have any tweets at all, then I manually opened twitter and refreshed it and a whole day worth of tweets was there. Did a battery pull and the same thing happened, people are tweeting but I am not getting any notifications.

    Anyone else experience the same thing?
  16. regulardude's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    64 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Anyone notice with this leak that Twitter and Facebook notifications are not showing up anymore?

    I installed it on Sunday and noticed yesterday morning that I didn't have any tweets at all, then I manually opened twitter and refreshed it and a whole day worth of tweets was there. Did a battery pull and the same thing happened, people are tweeting but I am not getting any notifications.

    Anyone else experience the same thing?
    I will install this OS asap!

    Will tell you if it happens to me too.
  17. PunksterSanders's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    59 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regulardude View Post
    I will install this OS asap!

    Will tell you if it happens to me too.
    Did you install the OS? what did you notice?
  18. ixa
    ixa is offline
    ixa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    143 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Mirror:

    Code:
    http://www.wupload.com/file/6442310
  19. PunksterSanders's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    59 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    The OS has been installed on my phone for about 5hrs, everything works as expected, still have to check the battery life, right now is on 20% or so.. i have to do a full charge and time it.

    PS: Twitter/Facebook notifications works, no problems here.

    PS #2: Today i realized that Twitter notifications were not working, i had a s***load of tweets and no notifications whatsoever, even though i have it set to update in the background every 5mins.

    Don't know if it's an OS bug or what.. the rest of the OS is working as expected..
    Last edited by PunksterSanders; 06-03-2011 at 01:08 PM.
  20. avirockstar's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    32 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Guys! i hv a problem !! i had 112mb left wen i had os5.. aftr installing os6! ma memory gone down to 60 mb! .. i.e installing BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2475

Posting Permissions