Leaked OS 18.104.22.1686 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 Fixes and Findings
It has been quite a while since we saw the .450 drop for the BlackBerry Torch 9800. If you’ve gotten sick of it, no worries as OS 22.214.171.1246 has popped up for you to try. No word on the enhancements of this build, but we’re sure there have got to be some goodies. Make sure to let us know what you find!
DISCLAIMER* – This is an unofficial RIM software release. If you choose to install, do so at your own risk! N4BB.COM is not responsible for any malfunctions or abnormalities that may occur.
Edit: Just installed to PC Nothing new in Native Apps.
Last edited by rroyy; 04-16-11 at 08:09 PM.
- 03-10-11, 04:03 PM #4
Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
And here's my short-version OS install guide before the questions come...
ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
Saving the world, one OS at a time...
- (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
- Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
- Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
- On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
- Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
- Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
- (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
- On PC, navigate to
•64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
•32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
- (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
- In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
• How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •
Curve 8330 → Tour 9630 → Bold 9700 → Torch 9800 → Bold 9900 → Z10 → Z30psst... ↓ Here's THANKS button ↓
- 03-10-11, 04:06 PM #5
- 03-10-11, 04:49 PM #8
rroyy, as the thread progresses, keep editing the first post you made with new findings so we dont need to go through 500 pages of garbage to find the vital info.Apple iPhone 6, 128GB
My CB feedback!!
How To: Fix your 9700/9780 keypad stutter (with pics)
- 03-10-11, 04:56 PM #9AT&T Blackberry Q10 | iPhone 5 64GB White on Verizon LTE
Twitter: http://twitter.com/folgrz <-- Follow me !!
- CrackBerry Genius
03-10-11, 04:58 PM #11
- 2,335 Posts
Last edited by lyricidal; 03-10-11 at 05:02 PM.BBHTool Creator/Developer
Follow me on Twitter @theiexplorers
For the latest BlackBerry OS Downloads and OTAs, check out: theiexplorers.com
Current Device: BlackBerry Passport on Telus running 10.3.0.2267 bridged to a 32GB PlayBook
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-10-11, 05:00 PM #12BlackBerry Bold 9900 OS 126.96.36.199
- 118 Posts
Free Mirror for Blackberry OS/Hybrid/PC Apps
If You found my post Helpful for you Please Click "Thanks / Like" Button below this line
- 03-10-11, 05:15 PM #17
As for the site: The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?
- 03-10-11, 05:31 PM #20
I think I'm just going to wait until some hybriders use some of these files in their hybrids. It's good to know an OS has finally leaked for the torch again.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
- 03-10-11, 05:32 PM #21
When I would do OS upgrades on my Curve I would just backup everything on my Desktop manager, download the leaked OS and install it over the already installed OS on the phone... never gave me any problems
- 03-10-11, 05:42 PM #23
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-10-11, 05:53 PM #24
- 285 Posts