Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,024 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Leaked OS 6.0.0.448 for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 Fixes and Findings

Torch 9800 OS 6.0.0.448

After a week full of meaningful leaks, we waited until Friday to bring you perhaps the most meaningful one of them all. Ah.. The Torch 9800, neglected since 6.0.0.337 for unknown reasons, a new OS has finally risen up against the odds and surfaced in the form of 6.0.0.448. We thought this might make just a few people happy.

As with the other .448 leaks, there is a new version of Facebook in this build (1.9.0.26). No more questions asked. If you have a Torch and are still fussing around with a .3xx build you need to update immediately. Just as a reminder, be sure to back up your data before diving in to this one and let us know how it's working for you! We expect nothing but the best. Enjoy!

Rapidshare
    Megaupload
    Deposit Files
    Hotfile
    ZShare

Check out Elite1's quick upgrade guide if you are having any issues installing this OS.

Source: Driphter.com
    Last edited by willyboy6; 01-28-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Treat my First like my Last and my Last like my First....

Follow me on twitter @willyboy6
    Thanked by 32:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    alkshpatel (02-04-2011),  Blacklatino (01-28-2011),  chaddeus (01-28-2011),  Cula (01-28-2011),  Culex316 (01-28-2011),  daedone (01-28-2011),  DarthZander (03-24-2011),  DawgMan (01-28-2011),  dictoresno (01-28-2011),  divyu (02-24-2011),  Elite1 (01-28-2011),  ewakil12 (01-29-2011),  Harryl6134 (01-30-2011),  howarmat (01-28-2011),  IchigoMochi (01-28-2011),  iMiiTH (01-28-2011),  iSin (01-28-2011),  kpbutton (01-28-2011),  lilminx (01-28-2011),  Maseroche (01-28-2011),  mcdanielnc89 (01-28-2011),  motorboat1 (01-28-2011),  mykey2k (01-28-2011),  nick_termini (03-10-2011),  pjmacklin (01-30-2011),  redeemed4 (01-28-2011),  sbmd (01-28-2011),  slgta (01-28-2011),  supaberry (01-28-2011),  the brother (01-28-2011),  thej (01-30-2011),  vba (01-28-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

about time!!!! thanks. btw the Megaupload is lightening fast.

one thing i immediately noticed was the radio file is different/updated. im not sure if it usually changes for each updated OS, but if not, this is a good thing. does anyone know if they change per OS or generally remain the same.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 01-28-2011 at 09:16 AM.
  3. vba
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Thanks a lot.

I'll install it during the weekend.

What I hope:
    - better battery life
    - some bugfixes in home screen, call log, browser
    - increased volume in speaker
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sweet! I'm downloading it now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts
    PIN
    ky and the Brain.

I feel like I over looked this in the blogs, but found it in the forums. either way, downloading now, even though its 2am here. guess we'll see how it goes.

"im not perfect at anything, but im good enough at everything to fail very little" - Darryl McDonald Jr
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    PIN
    30F15D7C

I hope its a Best of 246 and 337

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Head

LOADING IT UP
    PLAYBOOK 64G OS2

BB Z10
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    5,805 Global Posts

Let's get this on the blog! Thanks guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts

Dang it!

Any way I can update this on my mac?!
    CrackBerry Addict

so if we are not using facebook it doesnt worth it ? I though I could see more info by going to the Fixed and Finding post :P.

but yeah at least we know we are not left behind like the other leak.

Global Posts
    10,253 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Thanks, WB. Much appreciated.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm.

Just a couple quick notes from my install process:
    1st boot (before restore) locked up and restore failed
    Rebooted again, Touch screen wouldnt respond, loaded backup file, it failed at the very end.
    Rebooted again, everything seems ok now.
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    Thanked by:
    Altarocks (01-28-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Downloading as we speak. We'll see what new things might this bring.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,616 Global Posts
    PIN
    I'll check if it's there!

thanks for the hook up willyboy!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - Satchel Paige

Before: Bold 9700 - B@stard Hybrid: Aethereal Glow / And now: Samsung Galaxy S4LTE (Stock JB 4.2.2)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27FB2C79

hope this leaked more stable than previous...

Some small changes to the default theme I've noticed, the charging icon is slightly different and transitions are feel like they are reversed in some places (ie zoom in when it used to be zoom out)

The browser also has thumbnail view which is much nicer IMHO.
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

It's about time there is some luv for the torch!

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shao128 View Post
    Some small changes to the default theme I've noticed, the charging icon is slightly different and transitions are feel like they are reversed in some places (ie zoom in when it used to be zoom out)

The browser also has thumbnail view which is much nicer IMHO.
    .448 9700 users report a flashing battery icon when charging i think. is this the case with the Torch?

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    .448 9700 users report a flashing battery icon when charging i think. is this the case with the Torch?
    Yup it fades in and out.

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

Yup it fades in and out.
    gotcha. well i cant wait to see if battery life improves at all. .337 was a huge drain for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    gotcha. well i cant wait to see if battery life improves at all. .337 was a huge drain for me.
    337 was bad on battery for me too, until I started using wifi (I know right, everyone says turn it off to save battery). When at work or home I would turn wifi on and by no exaggeration my battery life would improve 50-75%.

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

337 was bad on battery for me too, until I started using wifi (I know right, everyone says turn it off to save battery). When at work or home I would turn wifi on and by no exaggeration my battery life would improve 50-75%.
    wow thats weird. my bad battery drain started when i was using Kik Messenger. even after i deleted it, the battery life was never the same again even after wiping and reloading. i think thats just when i realized how much .337 stunk and it was a coincidence. oh well im finally rebooting after install. ill report back later.

another finding is is that the copy/paste in the menu now show a little icon next to the words.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

i just downloaded and prepped the update but loader doesn't see that their is a new version for me to update to. has anyone else experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fadown View Post
    i just downloaded and prepped the update but loader doesn't see that their is a new version for me to update to. has anyone else experienced this?
    Did you delete the vendor.xml?

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

SHAO- did you wipe then load .448 or did you upgrade?
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast