Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

can I load this with my mac ?? also..I'm running 5.0.0.419 will installing this update be a big difference maker?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,990 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by embalmfirst View Post
    fastcivic can you tell me how to upgrade the os the phone came with, I got the phone today
    This should explain how to load an OS.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    CrackBerry Abuser

Installed 5.0.0.973 just now. So far, all apps work except 2: Mobile Lookout Security and BlackBerry Messenger. Mobile Lookout Security will not run the backup component (gives Internal Error message) and BBM gives an "Uncaught Java Exception" error message. I don't really care about the Mobile Lookout Security, but I need to get my BBM working again. Has this situation happened to others? Have you found a solution?
    CrackBerry User

Would someone like to give a quick rundown on hybrids? I'm unfamiliar.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,990 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shuabert View Post
    Would someone like to give a quick rundown on hybrids? I'm unfamiliar.
    Very quick:

A Hybrid take some of all of the Java (COD) files from one or more OS's and combines them with the Radio file from another file.

The below link will provide more information regarding your question and the differences between the radio and COD files.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/sf...xplain-210944/
    Last edited by DJM1947; 11-20-2010 at 12:37 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onlineaddy View Post
    1. The Hide Sent Messages option in the Messages app does not stick. You CANNOT HIDE sent messages.

This OS build is the worst I've encountered. It's got more regressions than any other that I've had. I will be downgrading immediately.
    My hide sent messages works perfectly in all my inboxes (the main messages inbox, my TWO exchange BES inboxes, and my BIS inbox). I'm seeing better battery life, and no show stopping bugs, for me it's been one of the best builds yet.

Did you update over an existing build or do a javaloader wipe? I wiped my device and did a clean install, wonder if this will resolve the issues you're seeing. I'm also not using a hybrid of any sort, just the straight up install.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elrohir59 View Post
    Installed 5.0.0.973 just now. So far, all apps work except 2: Mobile Lookout Security and BlackBerry Messenger. Mobile Lookout Security will not run the backup component (gives Internal Error message) and BBM gives an "Uncaught Java Exception" error message. I don't really care about the Mobile Lookout Security, but I need to get my BBM working again. Has this situation happened to others? Have you found a solution?
    Are you running the latest version of BBM or the stock version from the OS? Upgrade using App World and see if that fixes it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm new to the whole BB world but just got an unlocked Storm the other day and figured why not try the new leaked OS? I have nothing to compare it to but it seems to be working fine for me. Quick, responsive. I like it. No idea on the memory since I don't know where to look for it but i haven't had any lag far as I can tell. Still trying to get my EDGE and mms to work on tmobile.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,990 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrosplatt View Post
    I'm new to the whole BB world but just got an unlocked Storm the other day and figured why not try the new leaked OS? I have nothing to compare it to but it seems to be working fine for me. Quick, responsive. I like it. No idea on the memory since I don't know where to look for it but i haven't had any lag far as I can tell. Still trying to get my EDGE and mms to work on tmobile.
    To find the free application memory, on your phone go to:

Options>Memory and you will see it. If it gets below about 10, you should do a battery pull.

This link might help to get some of the functions working.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/
    CrackBerry Newbie

[QUOTE=DJM1947;5793882]To find the free application memory, on your phone go to:

Options>Memory and you will see it. If it gets below about 10, you should do a battery pull.

Yeah I tried that but the "net_rim_bb_browser_daemon" file I'm supposed to delete doesn't seem to go away, so I'm guessing I might have to downgrade an OS so I can get everything to function properly till something gets fixed.
    I'm a phone with a wh0re problem
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by JjcampNR View Post
    Are you running the latest version of BBM or the stock version from the OS? Upgrade using App World and see if that fixes it.
    JJ,

I used both, with no success. :-(.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elrohir59 View Post
    JJ,

I used both, with no success. :-(.
    Hum, is this a straight up install of the OS or a hybrid of some sort (mine is a stock install)? I did a javaloader wipe of my device before upgrading, don't know if that helped keep weird issues away or not.
    CrackBerry User

I pulled this off my phone after I got multiple resets for no reason. App error 503 I believe it was on all of them. 2 in a row, the second right after a reboot from the first error, while using BBM and typing a longer (maybe 160 chars) message, just crashed.

591+758 Hybrid is still the best I've used.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by JjcampNR View Post
    Hum, is this a straight up install of the OS or a hybrid of some sort (mine is a stock install)? I did a javaloader wipe of my device before upgrading, don't know if that helped keep weird issues away or not.
    JJ,

I had .871, then I used the usual steps to upgrade it to .973. It's the same steps I've been doing for about 14 times when I upgraded the OS on my BB phones.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Update: I just discovered something interesting. Yes, after I updated to the .973 OS version BlackBerry Messenger no longer works and it gives the Java Uncaught Exception message, but then so does Yahoo IM, Google Talk and Windows Live Messenger. KiK doesn't, but I uninstalled KiK when I discovered that it apparently scours my Contacts and spams them.

I'm going to try other IM clients to see if I get lucky.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    PIN

wow...is this the same with everyone who has this leak? cause i was about to upgrade from .871 but i guess ill wait till the next leak comes out!
    NICK13B
    9530...9800...9860...Z30
    O.S 10.2.1.1925
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stormified View Post
    How's the volume with this build compared to .871? Is it just as loud or has that been "corrected" to return to "normal"?
    And here I thought it was just me imagining it Glad someone else noticed it too...

B.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

best OS yet. once the clock fix is applied of course. i don't have any of the problems others are having. all messaging apps work, no "insert sim card"... no problems. and the browser seems blazing fast!
    Loving my Playbook and Torch 9850!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBBsTormER View Post
    can I load this with my mac ?? also..I'm running 5.0.0.419 will installing this update be a big difference maker?
    this os will be a huge difference over .419
    CrackBerry Abuser

has any one tried to replace the radio? I am having horrendous issues in my local grocery store and need a better radio to fix this issue, so I am trying to load 328s radio the last Verizon official but it has givin me a 200 app error message twice now..anybody got any ideas?
    Storm 9530 on VZW
    OS=5.0.0.866
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starmburst1 View Post
    has any one tried to replace the radio? I am having horrendous issues in my local grocery store and need a better radio to fix this issue, so I am trying to load 328s radio the last Verizon official but it has givin me a 200 app error message twice now..anybody got any ideas?
    good luck trying to get 328 to work with this build. fyi- just because the radio file is for a strom, doesnt mean it will work with every storm os release. i would try 871 first, then maybe 797 next. go back slowly, not one big huge-*** jump.
    - Nik
    Hybrid Builder
    iPhone 4 (prior 9550 / 9530 / 8330 user)
    www.BBTweaks.com (THE hybrid site )
    CrackBerry User

Default Don't upgrade if you like your music

I should know better BUT I caught the upgrade fever (I haven't upgraded in 3 to 4 months) and upgraded my STORM 1 to the leaked 973/BBT Hybrid. BIG mistake! I lost the ability to play my MP3 and video files AND the volume for everything else was extremely loud! I did a wipe as well and loaded the "update" X3 with the same results each time. I know others have gotten this to work, but as for me and mine, I'm going back to 491/971H because it worked!

<Rant begins>

I have reached my third "free" upgrade with VZW and have thought about moving to one of the Android models BUT from what I've read in various reviews, the signal reception and the battery life really is sub-par compared to the Storm. I live in the Hinter-lands and can't afford to have a phone that can't receive a signal. Not to mention I do have a bunch of BB apps (mostly the ones from Bellshare) that I really hate to lose. WHY can't RIM make up it's corporate mind and decide if they are going to give us a Storm 3/4?

</Rant ends>

Good Night Mrs Calabash, where ever you are!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    HEAD

After a full week, I finally had a random reboot. I didn't get a message about memory being low, so I don't think that was the issue. Next step, try BBTweaks Hybrid v871.1.0.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,990 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hennesseystealth View Post
    After a full week, I finally had a random reboot. I didn't get a message about memory being low, so I don't think that was the issue. Next step, try BBTweaks Hybrid v871.1.0.
    I used that hybrid for about a week and liked it. currently I am using that same hybred over 973 and it is working well for me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

does anybody know if I can use my iMac to upgrade?
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast