Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    PIN
    285C6B49
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Leaked: OS 5.0.0.544 For The BlackBerry Bold 9000

Leaked: OS 5.0.0.554 For The BlackBerry Bold 9000 And Curve 8900 | CrackBerry.com

Let see if there are any improvement from .509. I'm installing it now, so I'll report back on my findings.

Download The Leaked OS 5.0.0.554 For The BlackBerry Bold 9000

*EDIT*: was originally mis-titled .544. .554 is the correct version.
    Last edited by HorseVu; 03-22-2010 at 11:53 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K TACO

cant muster up the strength to install tonight. I will tomorrow.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    PIN
    24a447a4

should I or shouldn't I? hmmm
    CrackBerry User

I just finished downloading it. I dont know what to look for when it comes to updates. If you want to know something, please let me know.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,937 Global Posts

you mean .554 right?

I used CrackMem and basically only loaded BB Maps. Booted up with 46MB. I suppose it could be a little better.

We'll see how it goes.
    Lumia 1020/1520 - WP 8.1
    Nexus 7 (2013) - 4.4.4
    32GB Playbook - OS 2.1
    CrackBerry Abuser

Lightbulb

open sesame...

let's see how this puppy runs [umtil willyboy comes out with v1.4]
    http://www.proyectoblueroom.com/
    Salud en Movimiento... compartiendo sabiduria... ocupado soando...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    PIN
    24a447a4

i still like how my standby button works on .411. is it back to the old behavior on .554 or have they decided to stick with the new behavior?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

is this .554? i downloaded but didnt install. i installed a hybrid last night and is content with that. whats the diff?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,984 Global Posts
    PIN
    HollisterCO511@aol.com hit me up!

How's this compare to .509?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,937 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
    you mean .554 right?

I used CrackMem and basically only loaded BB Maps. Booted up with 46MB. I suppose it could be a little better.

We'll see how it goes.
    Boots up quick. Seemed to gain 1MB over .509.

Bolt 1.7 is blazingly fast (High Quality images, Wifi, Http connection). Like as fast as the new Opera 5. I suppose that will be a YMMV type of thing though. Pages are starting to render at anywhere from 5-15%. No more of that 20% stalling stuff.

Still chews through battery on a reboot.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 03-22-2010 at 10:36 PM.
    Lumia 1020/1520 - WP 8.1
    Nexus 7 (2013) - 4.4.4
    32GB Playbook - OS 2.1
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    How's this compare to .509?
    I'm just praying for better battery life. Downloaded already just on my way home definitely installing tonight. Call quality is bad on my end hope something is done bout that tooo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me, ill hook it up

got it installed and reloading apps and contacts. let you all know what/if i see anything different from .509 or have problems i didnt in .509 (side note, after a wipe and install i had 39 megs of app space, about 2 more than i did with .509).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Burzlurker View Post
    got it installed and reloading apps and contacts. let you all know what/if i see anything different from .509 or have problems i didnt in .509 (side note, after a wipe and install i had 39 megs of app space, about 2 more than i did with .509).

Sweet what's the battery life like and did you do a full restore or just contacts? I'm planning a full restore.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me, ill hook it up

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty166 View Post
    Sweet what's the battery life like and did you do a full restore or just contacts? I'm planning a full restore.

I dont know about battery life yet. I was about half charged when i installed it. I was impressed with .509 so hopefully its as good if not better. Im doing a clean install of all apps. Only thing i am restoring is my contacts. hope the memory leak is better, already seeing the browser a little faster than .509. about to do my first battery pull so ill be interested to see what reboot time is like. saw some one else mention its faster, were about to find out.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me, ill hook it up

and before a lot of people start asking, "A" does not lock the unit. it just locks the keyboard like the mute key does (and it did in .509). nothing changed there.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Crap man was hoping we'd get the standby function back especially cause of the lowsy battery life. I barely get 7 hours on .509
    The significant problems we face in life cannot be solved with the same level of thinking we had when we created them. - Albert Einstein (March 14 1879 - April 18 1955)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Crap was hoping we'd get the standby function back and hopefully some battery life improvement I barely get 7 hours on .509
    The significant problems we face in life cannot be solved with the same level of thinking we had when we created them. - Albert Einstein (March 14 1879 - April 18 1955)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Downloading right now, going to install in a bit.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me, ill hook it up

battery pull reboot time is about the same. Other than a few things being different sizes, the browser working slightly faster, I do not see any thing real differences. Im sure something is working different behind the scenes, but so far cant tell. About to put in some calls to test call quality.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    NACLE OF EXCELLENCE

Crap was hoping we'd get the standby function back and hopefully some battery life improvement I barely get 7 hours on .509
    i had to turn 3G off and run on EDGE. on 4.6 i got 3 days of medium use. on 5.0.509, i'm getting MAYBE 2 days. more like 1.5.

i don't lock my phone anymore, cuz i HATE unlocking it using the mute button. the spot is way too awkward for me.
    If it isn't broken, what an excellent time to improve it

Nokia 3300>>Motorola T720>>Blackberry 7290>>Curve 8300>>Bold 9000>>Bold 9700>>???
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by cardu3851 View Post
    i had to turn 3G off and run on EDGE. on 4.6 i got 3 days of medium use. on 5.0.509, i'm getting MAYBE 2 days. more like 1.5.

i don't lock my phone anymore, cuz i HATE unlocking it using the mute button. the spot is way too awkward for me.
    I only get 3g service on my 9000 no edge and it is unlocked so that might be reasons for my service quality. But 1.5 days on .509? What do you consider average use for you?

CrackBerry Newbie

installed it. everything is fine, seems to be a few MB more app memory than last OS i had on there.

ONE PROBLEM:

no emails in my email inboxes. when i click menu, filter, archive...they are all there. so it seems like my entire inbox was archived as a result of this upgrade.

anybody heard of this?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    NACLE OF EXCELLENCE

I only get 3g service on my 9000 no edge and it is unlocked so that might be reasons for my service quality. But 1.5 days on .509? What do you consider average use for you?

i said average, b/c i've read about people on here that go through 100 emails, and messages, and do alot of browsing.

i bbm fairly often, and do some light (mainly crackberry mobile for about an hr or 2). close all my apps after i'm done. charged it full this morning, 9 hours later and...55% battery left.
    If it isn't broken, what an excellent time to improve it

Nokia 3300>>Motorola T720>>Blackberry 7290>>Curve 8300>>Bold 9000>>Bold 9700>>???
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Burzlurker View Post
    battery pull reboot time is about the same. Other than a few things being different sizes, the browser working slightly faster, I do not see any thing real differences. Im sure something is working different behind the scenes, but so far cant tell. About to put in some calls to test call quality.
    Looking forward to your review on call quality.. Are you unlocked though?

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me, ill hook it up

Quote Originally Posted by samperlmutar View Post
    installed it. everything is fine, seems to be a few MB more app memory than last OS i had on there.

ONE PROBLEM:

no emails in my email inboxes. when i click menu, filter, archive...they are all there. so it seems like my entire inbox was archived as a result of this upgrade.

anybody heard of this?
    i had deleted all my messages before doing the install, but i did find it weird that after wiping my devices with BBSAK and installing the new os, my email accounts were still listed on the phone.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast