Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 488895969798
Results 2,426 to 2,448 of 2448
    CrackBerry Newbie

HOW IS THE 5.0 for SPRINT CURVE8330? do you love it!?
    CrackBerry Newbie

did anyone go for the 5.0 yet?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaclynRae View Post
    did anyone go for the 5.0 yet?
    really? 5.0.0.230 has been around for almost a full year, and 5.0.0.438 has been in existance for almost 8 months or so.

if you want the full 8330 5.0 experience, head over to BBTweaks.com and grab the latest OS5 hybrid. its stellar
    - Nik
    Hybrid Builder
    iPhone 4 (prior 9550 / 9530 / 8330 user)
    www.BBTweaks.com (THE hybrid site )
    CrackBerry Newbie

Any such good treats for 8330m? Was looking around, and noticed these hybrids are specified for 8330 only..
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gambate90 View Post
    Any such good treats for 8330m? Was looking around, and noticed these hybrids are specified for 8330 only..
    yup, 8330 only - no 8330m
    - Nik
    Hybrid Builder
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Help

I have downloaded the OS 5.0 and it seems perfect, EXCEPT I can not find my blackberrymessenger! I redownloaded it through BBAPPWORLD and now its nowhere to be found on my phone, it is also listed in the applications list in my options.

helpppp

JACLYN
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaclynRae View Post
    I have downloaded the OS 5.0 and it seems perfect, EXCEPT I can not find my blackberrymessenger! I redownloaded it through BBAPPWORLD and now its nowhere to be found on my phone, it is also listed in the applications list in my options.

helpppp

JACLYN
    OS5 creates a folder in your app screen called "IM" or something like that. BBM should be in there.
    - Nik
    Hybrid Builder

Global Posts
    35,119 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Yeppers! The Instant Messenger folder, and also can be accessed by holding the menu button, which activates the appswitcher.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hello, I am sorry to post such a dumb question but I am somewhat of a newby to the BB. I am trying to upgrade my Sprint Curve 8330 to 5.0. How in the f... do I do this? I downloaded BB Desk top, and seperately downloaded 5.0 (I think) but have not figured out how to merge the two and get it on the actual BB. ANY help would be more than appreciated. Much thanks in advance for anyone who knows.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ouch! don't play with pins!

Quote Originally Posted by aesl3446 View Post
    Hello, I am sorry to post such a dumb question but I am somewhat of a newby to the BB. I am trying to upgrade my Sprint Curve 8330 to 5.0. How in the f... do I do this? I downloaded BB Desk top, and seperately downloaded 5.0 (I think) but have not figured out how to merge the two and get it on the actual BB. ANY help would be more than appreciated. Much thanks in advance for anyone who knows.
    No problem. Make sure you have a 8330 and not a 8330m. Go to BBTweaks.com. There are two articles to read. First is 'How to Maximise Your Memory' and second is 'Self-Installing Hybrids - 8330 Specific'. Download the latest OS 5.0 hybrid. Believe me when I say you don't want to use the original Boost 5.0 OS as it has huge memory leaks. The self installing hybrid will overlay the 5.0 os that you already have. PM me if you have any problems. You'll love your new BB OS.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Okay, thank you for the reply! So far, very helpful but I have a few more questions if you don't mind.

I was originally trying to download 5.0 from blackberry.com, should I not do that? Do I need to use the BB Desktop to properly load this software? I do NOT have 5.0loaded on my BB yet, so is what your telling me a "boost/patch" of some kind to add to the 5.0, or is it the only version of 5.0 I should download.

As I said, I am new, so can I assume that downloads not directly from BB are safe for my BB?

THANK YOU AGAIN.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    PIN

Here's what you do. Go to BBTweaks.com. We have everything you need on the website: base OS, hybrid OS, BBSAK, you already have Desktop Manager. Read through the tutorial carefully and follow all the steps. If you do that, it is fool-proof.
    JB
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    876 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbarbero View Post
    Here's what you do. Go to BBTweaks.com. We have everything you need on the website: base OS, hybrid OS, BBSAK, you already have Desktop Manager. Read through the tutorial carefully and follow all the steps. If you do that, it is fool-proof.
    JB
    yup, foolproof. ever here of the addage "can't teach an old dog new tricks"? jerry is an old dog, and he learned how to load a hybrid OS pretty quick.
    - Nik
    Hybrid Builder
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    PIN

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by njaremka View Post
    yup, foolproof. ever here of the addage "can't teach an old dog new tricks"? jerry is an old dog, and he learned how to load a hybrid OS pretty quick.
    Hey! I resemble that remark!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Jerry, I presume...thanks again. One (I hope) last dumb question. I am following letter for letter the instructions on this process. Step one says I need to download "The specified Blackberry device base OS". Does that mean I download what I currently have on my phone, to my desk top before anything else?

Thank you!
    ~Amy
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by aesl3446 View Post
    Jerry, I presume...thanks again. One (I hope) last dumb question. I am following letter for letter the instructions on this process. Step one says I need to download "The specified Blackberry device base OS". Does that mean I download what I currently have on my phone, to my desk top before anything else?

Thank you!
    ~Amy
    Amy,
    In the BBTweaks.com website, go to the menu Hybrids/8330/8330 Hybrid v438.12.2 and you see DOWNLOAD v438.12.2. Click on that and it will ask you if you want to install the base OS. All you really need ahead of time is Desktop Manager.
    JB
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Hey will this work on the Boost mobile blackberry curve 8330? might be a dumb question but im new to blackberry
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Volkswagenguy1989 View Post
    Hey will this work on the Boost mobile blackberry curve 8330? might be a dumb question but im new to blackberry
    Go to BBTweaks.com & read the tutorials there. There have been several upgrades to the 8330 hybrid since the previous post. Email me Jerry@BBTweaks.com if you have any questions/problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ok so i have 8330 on VZW and I plugged up my BB to the computer and I tryed to download 5.0 but only gave me 4.5.175. How can I get 5.0 Pls and thank you
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Robzw View Post
    Ok so i have 8330 on VZW and I plugged up my BB to the computer and I tryed to download 5.0 but only gave me 4.5.175. How can I get 5.0 Pls and thank you
    You need to delete the vendor.xml. See my previous post for instructions & downloads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

my phone is actually doing this right now but it is taking FOREVER. at least an hour now and it still not even 1/4 done. is this normal?
    CrackBerry User

don't bother with this leak!!!

you won't be able to install the latest BBM with this version (it's too low).

Find the 5.0.0.438 official by boostmobile in the 8330 section. This will allow you to get the latest BBM.

5.0.0.438 will likely be the last code released for the 8330.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Do you lose BBM on your 8330?
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 488895969798