Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,750 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Leaked: OS 5.0.0.1015 For The BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Findings and Fixes

Yesterday, we saw the onslaught of BlackBerry 6 leaks for devices capable of running it. Today, one device which will not be getting BlackBerry 6 at least has a brand new OS 5 leak. BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 owners, feel free to grab what has got to be the highest OS version number I have ever saw thus far. Remember, not an official OS as of yet so be sure to back your data up.

*OS Disclaimer - Please Read: Keep in mind this is NOT an official release and as such is not supported by RIM or your Carrier. If you choose to install, do so at your own risk and only if you're comfortable in the process of upgrading and downgrading your device software. It is quite normal during operating system development for certain features to be crippled or disabled while others are tested, and these beta builds often reflect that. They are not always better. Depending on your BlackBerry comfort level, it may be best for you to wait for community feedback on a build before deciding to download and install for yourself or simply wait for the next official release. If you require support, you will find it in our CrackBerry forums via our extremely knowledgeable community base - do not contact your carrier or RIM for Beta OS technical support (their first course of action will be to advise you to downgrade to a supported OS). *

Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,239 Global Posts

I beat you to it - 9700 clutter makes it tough to see though lol. Makes it seem like maybe there should be device-specific sub-forums in the beta OS forum.

You can delete this thread or whatever you think is best:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...1015-a-545909/
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    819 Global Posts

thank you both!
    Too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the list click HERE
    for full VZW personal device list click -> HERE <-

Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member

-> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all
    CrackBerry User

Just excited to talk to RIM about OS 6 only. Tired to keep update,update & talk around OS 5.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

nice thread....
    I go for it.
    CrackBerry User

Has anyone got this up and running yet?
    9550 *5.0.0.320* *5.0.0.713* *5.0.0.895* *5.0.0.713* *5.0.0.983* *5.0.0.1015*
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,051 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gorith View Post
    Has anyone got this up and running yet?
    Irrelevant post on my end but I just started the installation process for my phone.

Hopefully this build is up to par with .607 - the later builds were simply terrible.
    Twitter | #teamblackberry president
    Just Clutch
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just got my warranty replacement S2 last week. It's worked flawlessly ( EXCEPT FOR web input fields, which are completely horrible as always on Blackberry ), so I'm afraid to test it. It's running 713.

But of course I'm downloading now because I can't resist.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,051 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eazymac View Post
    I just got my warranty replacement S2 last week. It's worked flawlessly ( EXCEPT FOR web input fields, which are completely horrible as always on Blackberry ), so I'm afraid to test it. It's running 713.

But of course I'm downloading now because I can't resist.
    .713 was my base of choice for a while but the robotic voice led me to just install a .607 hybrid with newer files. Phone's been working flawlessly ever sense.

[EDIT] Install Update: Waiting for device initialization. [2nd one] - Stuck at 100%

Will post findings after 3 or so battery pulls and the registering of my many apps.
    Last edited by leecott; 11-03-2010 at 12:43 PM.
    Just Clutch
    CrackBerry User

i downloaded, but am afraid to upload to my phone. i have bad experience with leaked OS's. they seem to brick my phone everytime. does anyone know which carrier this came from?
    9550 *5.0.0.320* *5.0.0.713* *5.0.0.895* *5.0.0.713* *5.0.0.983* *5.0.0.1015*
    CrackBerry User

How many OS 5 RIM keeping to update more? .320>>>.1015>>>??? maybe .2xxx. Why not OS 6 ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nickanh75 View Post
    How many OS 5 RIM keeping to update more? .320>>>.1015>>>??? maybe .2xxx. Why not OS 6 ?

According to BBLeaks...

The BlackBerry Storm2 was originally said to eventually get OS6. However, due to the touchscreen sucking up too much memory, OS6 did not perform very well. Therefore, it was decided by RIM to not pursue releasing OS6 on the Storm2. Nevertheless, we now have a strange build of OS 5.0.0.1015 that has dropped. We're not sure how much higher the next build will go or if we may see builds of 5.0.1.x in the future.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leecott View Post
    .713 was my base of choice for a while but the robotic voice led me to just install a .607 hybrid with newer files. Phone's been working flawlessly ever sense.

[EDIT] Install Update: Waiting for device initialization. [2nd one] - Stuck at 100%

Will post findings after 3 or so battery pulls and the registering of my many apps.
    Mine was stuck at 100% as well and the one thing you have to remember is that it will either boot or throw back a white screen and app error. Mine booted after sitting at 100% for about 5 min.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,051 Global Posts

After a *228 Option 2 [Update Roaming Capabilities for VZW], my Radio is terrible still in my Dorm. 0-1 bar.
    Just Clutch
    CrackBerry Abuser

it's a new OS, not a new cell tower on your rooftop.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,051 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eazymac View Post
    it's a new OS, not a new cell tower on your rooftop.
    Radio Files control Signal Strength mate.

I've had builds on my phone here where I can't even use the browser due to lack of signal [.713, .895]. With .607 I had a constant 2 bars.
    Just Clutch
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having trouble installing this... I'm sure it's me. Downloaded file, ran, it installed properly, but when I go into DM and then 'update device', it says there are no new updates. When I view all available, only an older .320 (downgrade) is available. What did I do wrong? Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,051 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scasher View Post
    I'm having trouble installing this... I'm sure it's me. Downloaded file, ran, it installed properly, but when I go into DM and then 'update device', it says there are no new updates. When I view all available, only an older .320 (downgrade) is available. What did I do wrong? Thanks!
    Use the app loader application located in Program Files [x86 if you're running 64bit Windows] -> Common Files -> Research in Motion -> AppLoader
    Just Clutch
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I've had builds on my phone here where I can't even use the browser due to lack of signal [.713, .895]. With .607 I had a constant 2 bars.
    How's the rest of the OS look? Anything look new and/or improved?

Not that it really matters if it has a weak radio
    I didn't say it was your fault...I just said I was gonna blame you !!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Use the app loader application located in Program Files [x86 if you're running 64bit Windows] -> Common Files -> Research in Motion -> AppLoader
    and delete the vendor.xml file...
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Hey Lee, did you ever give .983 a run ?? It's been pretty stable for me so far...
    I didn't say it was your fault...I just said I was gonna blame you !!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by cmpdblue View Post
    Hey Lee, did you ever give .983 a run ?? It's been pretty stable for me so far...
    983 sucked for me, and this fresh S2 from the factory with 713 runs circles around my old S2, but it could be also that this one has a build date of 5/10, which is six months later than my old S2...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scasher View Post

Delete the vendor file

go to c: program files, common files, research in motion, apploader. Delete the file called Vendor and double click on "loader". use this to install rather then DM
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,051 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmpdblue View Post
    Didn't even bother due to the reviews - robotic voice and loss of contacts for many people. Not well suiting for me.
    Just Clutch
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast